Celebrate 9 year old's b-day in MDR or Chops?

junglejane

We will be on the Mariner of the Seas for Spring Break with our 2 DD's. The younger DD will turn 9 the day we are in Puerto Vallarta. Older DD is 13. Should we celebrate the 9 year old's birthday with dinner in the MDR or Chops? We've never been on RCCL before, but our kids have eaten numerous times at Sterling Steakhouse and the Crown Grill on Princess. (In fact, this same daughter celebrated her 7th birthday in Sterling Steakhouse on the Golden Princess.) The birthday girl loves steak, but is there anything else I should consider in choosing? (I realize we can't make a reservation for her at Chops until we board, and that we have to eat before 7 pm.)

We want to eat in Chops one night on the cruise, so I'm just trying to decide whether or not to make it the night of her birthday. Thanks for your feedback.:)

If she LOVES steak then I don't see why not. It will be the full charge though. I guess I would ask her if she would rather do that or have the spending money in a port. You could always order her the $14.99 steak in the MDR. I haven't had it but have heard it is from Chops.

Our girls are celebrating their birthdays the week after you on the Mariner as well. I plan to bring a table pop up of Tinkerbelle and also order a cake for which I will bring a couple of figurines for the waiter to stick on the top. They are only turning 5 and 7 though. My 6yo LOVES steak as well but Chops would be lost on her. I think my plan will make it special considering their ages.

Monica

Archived