arriving at Port Canaveral

m-mello

Wellll ..... here's another way to slice the pie ....

IMHO ::: There R a few different groups of cruisers.

first, there are the get to the terminal at 8 AM cuz I want to be on the ship first and enjoy every minute cruisers. They arrive at the terminal b4 the exiting pass' are gone and generally add to the confusion. Then they stand in line until the checkin opens, and usually complain about the fact it is not open. Then depending on the cuise line they do checkin and get to sit in folding chairs {some have better waiting areas} for a while until the ship actually starts boarding which altho most say will be past noon {cleaning time} .... most try to do earlier BECAUSE of the early birds who are sitting around and will complain they were MADE to sit around - despite the announced arrival time. And then the boarding pass' complain they can't get to their room (still being cleaned) to drop their 25 carry ons.

Next are the people who actually try to arrive at the recommended time who find they were late because they are now behind the complaining early folks. Curiously, many of these first timers decide to join the early group for their next cruise which confuses me entirely .... but I guess they don't rec' the cause of the problem.

Third : : : I've found that arriving an hour or two AFTER the recommended arrival time generally allows me to check in with NO WAIT, walk on the ship with NO WAIT, proceed directly to my cabin to drop off stuff and then STILL get to the lunch pig out aka not missing one of those cuise meals... Actually I prefer to eat lunch at one of the nice rest' on the south side of Port Canaveral ..... and THEN endure a week of cuise food.

Sounds like a good time to me. That's why I aim for, usually, as I like to enjoy lunch onboard. So by the time I'm thru the lines and have examined my room, I then head to a bar for a drink and the buffet for food. :D

Archived