Summit 12/11/2009 Photo Review

cyntil8ing

Hi,

We gave this same cruise to our son and GF and they are traveling in Jan.

Some folks said the Celebrity cruises were for the "older" people. Did you fell like you were some of the yonger ones on board?

They have never cruised before, and just want them to have a good time.

they are 30 & 29.

Thanks, and BTW, your pictures are awesome!

We haven't talked to my parents yet about it. We try to give them a few months to recover from watching the kids before we ask again. Especially when they got a "bonus" two days because of the snow storm. We hope that it's kinda like childbirth, in that you forget after a while and are willing to try it again! :p

Anyway, what sail date?

Cindy, I just noticed Nan never replied to your question about a sail date. We are cruising December 11th out of Miami on the Eclipse. We got great rates and we booked an AQ cabin. (Nan and I both) We are really getting excited from the pictures Andreas Depping has posted of the ship. It's going on the Western Itinerary, which we are not too crazy about, but the price is right and it's a brand new ship. Can't beat that. We are going to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan, and Costa Maya. I've read that Grand Cayman and Roatan are THE places to snorkel. I hope you and Bob can join us.

aislynmae, don't believe what you read. This ship is not strictly for older folks. There were a lot of young people on board our ship. My husband is 38 and he loved it. There weren't a lot of children when we went, but that all depends on what time of year you cruise.

The next bunch of photos are my husband playing with the new lens he got as an early Christmas present. I'm very impressed.

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0328.JPG

The first photo is one of my favorites - the pool area at night. Reminds me of a serene/tranquil area.. so quiet, relaxing, and enjoying the moment on board without a worry in the world!

The second photo is the bar in back of the buffet area... a great place to listen to live music while watching the sail away!

OK - I'm ready to go back on board! :rolleyes:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• 8 months later...

I ran across your review while on another thread.... thanks for leaving a link to it. It is awesome. I loved all of the pictures. We sailed the Celebrity Galaxy out of San JUan in Jan of 2009 on an 11 night itinerary. I love to cruise out of San Juan. In fact the following year we did the Carnival Victory out of San Juan (my absolute favorite so far). I do desperately want to go back to Grenada and Curacao (we visited them on the Galaxy) .... Anyways thanks for the time you spend doing reviews your pictures brought back memories of our cruise on the Galaxy. :)

Archived