Summit 12/11/2009 Photo Review

cyntil8ing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My kids are 12 and 15. Is there anything for them to do on the Summit? Especially at night? We are debating between the Summit and the Carnival Pride? Thanks for any info you can provide.

My kids are much younger (3 and 6) and we left them at home for our Summit trip, so I know nothing about any of the kid's programs on Celebrity. On the Pride, there were scheduled activities until 10:00, with babysitting thereafter for the little ones. Again, I don't know anything about the older kid programs.

Nightly activities in general seemed a bit lacking on Summit, especially compared to the Pride.

Sorry I'm not much help. But our family's plan is Carnival when when we take the little ones and whatever strikes our fancy when it's just dh and I.

Cindy, you and Bob must join us in Dec. on the new Celeb. Eclipse! who will be our photographers?? Loved, just loved all these pics.

We haven't talked to my parents yet about it. We try to give them a few months to recover from watching the kids before we ask again. Especially when they got a "bonus" two days because of the snow storm. We hope that it's kinda like childbirth, in that you forget after a while and are willing to try it again! :p

Anyway, what sail date?

WOW! What a great thread :) Im taking this same cruise with the same itinerary in just over a month.

We are also doing the Bumpiing tour in Dominica. It sounds like you liked it from the description, but it looks like good photo opportunities are rare.

Did you bring your D80 on the tour? How did you keep it from getting wet?

What type of underwater camera were you using for the champagne reef shots?

What types of fish did you see in CHampagne reef?

Sorry for all the questions :)

My kids are 12 and 15. Is there anything for them to do on the Summit? Especially at night? We are debating between the Summit and the Carnival Pride? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi! Thought I'd add my thoughts here.... My kids are 7 & 12, and we went on the Pride last November. There weren't a whole lot of kids on the ship, but my 2 had a great time!! There were some organized activities for the 12-14 age group, but a lot of times my son would hang out with a group of friends he met, and they would hang out in Circle "C" or roam the ship. He originally didn't want to check it out, but we encouraged him, and by the 2nd day, we didn't see a whole lot of him on sea days.....:)

We're going on the Summit this June, and even if there aren't a whole lot of organized activities, from my experience, the kids will find things to do....:D

Hope this helps a little....:o

Karen

Hi! Thought I'd add my thoughts here.... My kids are 7 & 12, and we went on the Pride last November. There weren't a whole lot of kids on the ship, but my 2 had a great time!! There were some organized activities for the 12-14 age group, but a lot of times my son would hang out with a group of friends he met, and they would hang out in Circle "C" or roam the ship. He originally didn't want to check it out, but we encouraged him, and by the 2nd day, we didn't see a whole lot of him on sea days.....:)

We're going on the Summit this June, and even if there aren't a whole lot of organized activities, from my experience, the kids will find things to do....:D

Hope this helps a little....:o

Karen

Karen,

When are you sailing on the Summit. We just booked June 27th.

• 1 month later...

We got one of our bags right away. The other two bags were late arriving so my husband couldn't change for dinner. I suspected it was because there was wine in them, which was later pretty much confirmed by our roll call friends, who had the same thing happen. However, we didn't call looking for them, and they were finally outside of our door when we returned from our late seating dinner.

Was the wine still in the suitcase when you finally received it? :(

Was the wine still in the suitcase when you finally received it? :(

Yes, the wine was there. We had four bottles in our suitcases and bought two more while boarding. The dining room was very unfriendly to us bringing even a glass of wine in. One night in the lounge, we kept our bottle hidden under the table. I was uncomfortable the whole time feeling like a criminal, so we just gave up and enjoyed the wine in our cabin.

We ended up with two bottles that we never had a chance to open and overweight luggage at the airport. We gave them to a woman who was trying to get a wheelchair for her mom. She was so upset because her mom had been waiting outside in the San Juan heat for nearly an hour with no one helping them. I think she was ready to open a bottle right then!

Lots of flying fish

And where there's fish, there's albatross

DSC_0244.JPG

Fantastic photos, we are sailing a back-to-back on Summit next February, these were just what we needed to get us in the mood for a cruise (like we need help with that)! One small thing, I may be mistaken, but believe this is a brown booby, not an albatross. Albatrosses found in the Caribbean generally have stubby fan-shaped tails, short necks, and heavy hooked bills. Other more knowledgeable bird-watchers may be able to correct me on this.

I may be mistaken, but believe this is a brown booby, not an albatross. Albatrosses found in the Caribbean generally have stubby fan-shaped tails, short necks, and heavy hooked bills. Other more knowledgeable bird-watchers may be able to correct me on this.

Hehehehe. You said booby! :D Seriously, thanks for the correction. We're not bird-watchers.

Here's some more photos of the birds:

DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0245.JPG

Archived