Power Adapters in Buenos Aires

arlenez

Argentina is a very civilised country, they use the same plugs as Australia :D. So if traveling with American or UK plugs, you'll need an adaptor. Likewise for the ship, which using depends on where the ship was constructued - most of the ships I have been on either use a UK or a European plug. All you need is something similar to one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worldwide-Travel-Adaptor-Charger-Plug/dp/B001B3S4CQ/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

Cheers

Argentina is a very civilised country, they use the same plugs as Australia :D. So if traveling with American or UK plugs, you'll need an adaptor. Likewise for the ship, which using depends on where the ship was constructued - most of the ships I have been on either use a UK or a European plug. All you need is something similar to one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Worldwide-Travel-Adaptor-Charger-Plug/dp/B001B3S4CQ/ref=pd_sim_ce_5

Cheers

Thanks. I have all of them, so I guess I'll carry all of them.

Regards,

Arlene

Arlene, You'll need an converter to step down the voltage and a small adapter to make it fit the Argentine sockets. Marriott may have these as a courtesy, I don't know. You can Google "Argentina power adapter" and there'll be plenty of sites with pictures of the type adapter you need. Have a great trip!

Arlene, You'll need an converter to step down the voltage and a small adapter to make it fit the Argentine sockets. Marriott may have these as a courtesy, I don't know. You can Google "Argentina power adapter" and there'll be plenty of sites with pictures of the type adapter you need. Have a great trip!

Thank you. I'm all set.

Regards,

Arlene

Arlene, You'll need an converter to step down the voltage and a small adapter to make it fit the Argentine sockets. Marriott may have these as a courtesy, I don't know.

You may not need a convertor. Most camera battery chargers work from 110 to 240V. Read what it says on your charger. Most hotels do have adaptoer plugs but they are often in short supply. Cruise ships usually have either US 110V sockets or European 220V.

You will have no problem at the Marriott. They have a converted plug right in the side of the desk. (I had to call down to the desk and they told me where it was ... I felt very silly.)

Thank you. One less thing I have to bring wth me.

Regards,

Arlene

If you have one of those Samsonite Outlet stores near you, they have a a gadget that looks like a cube that has several adaptors bulit in. Very compact and no losing individual adaptors.

I travel all the time with laptops , cameras, cell phones and other gear and all chargers have 110-240 V 50-60 cycles capability. No need for a convertor. Just read the label to be sure. Hint bring a short extension cord (rated up to 240v) and a 3 into 2 adaptor plug. Many times the wall socket is well worn and plugging in the adaptor plus the charger just won't win against gravity and the whole thing will fall out of the wall socket. This is almost guaranteed when you also add a convertor.

We were just in Marriott Plaza Buenos Aires this week (after our NCL Sun cruise), and damn I should have taken a photo of the plug outlets in our room there!

At the desk there was one regular 220v Argentinan plug outlet PLUS TWO (2) 110v North American plug outlets.

The Argentinan plug outlet looks like this: http://www.europlugs.com/Design_Review_Polices/Plug_Adapter_Country_Chart.htm#Type I

The bathroom had 2 plug outlets like this, and there was a hair-dryer available for me to use.

We were just in Marriott Plaza Buenos Aires this week (after our NCL Sun cruise), and damn I should have taken a photo of the plug outlets in our room there!

At the desk there was one regular 220v Argentinan plug outlet PLUS TWO (2) 110v North American plug outlets.

The Argentinan plug outlet looks like this: http://www.europlugs.com/Design_Review_Polices/Plug_Adapter_Country_Chart.htm#Type I

The bathroom had 2 plug outlets like this, and there was a hair-dryer available for me to use.

Thank you. Someone did post a photo of the plug outlets on the side of the desk at the Marriott.

Regards,

Arlene

Archived