which stingray tour would you recommend??

creempuff0530

Hi. I know everyone is saying Native way but I suggest that you look into Moby Dick Tours. They are only $30 U.S and have wonderful snorkeling sites. Just a thought. Check into it and see. yall just might like it. We are going back in March. Can't wait to play with all the stingrays again:D

Thanks Zydeco

I looked at all 118 of your pictures yesterday and enjoyed them all.

The ladder on the boat you took looks like it angles out instead of under. I'm sure that will be a big help. Now I just need to book a tour...

Ronda

I can't get the pictures to load. I am not a "member" of AOL, could that be the problem? Seem to be able to access all other pictures people have shared on the forum. Help?

Nope. I assume you are trying to view as a guest?

My guess is that you (or your ISP) is running a firewall that is interferring with the loading or perhaps a browser setting?

PC or MAC?

I can probably find another host but might take a day or so.

Yes, trying to view as a guest. My computer is a personal laptop.Could be my firewall, although I have viewed almost every other photo book online! I am just trying to find the best place to swim with the stingrays and sometimes photos tell the story! Who did you book through, and were you pleased? I think there are way too many choices for me to make a decision! Thanks for your help!

Yes, trying to view as a guest. My computer is a personal laptop.Could be my firewall, although I have viewed almost every other photo book online! I am just trying to find the best place to swim with the stingrays and sometimes photos tell the story! Who did you book through, and were you pleased? I think there are way too many choices for me to make a decision! Thanks for your help!

That trip was with Soto's Cruises and I really enjoyed it. In March I'm trying Nativeway (their schedule fits mine better this time) and should have more pictures you can't view.

If you are running ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security or similar software, you might try turning off temporarily and see if you can view the pictures.

I haven't given up of finding another site to host, either.

Thanks Zydeco

I looked at all 118 of your pictures yesterday and enjoyed them all.

The ladder on the boat you took looks like it angles out instead of under. I'm sure that will be a big help. Now I just need to book a tour...

Ronda

The ladders can't go under the way they are built. The bars at the top of the ladder (or bottom if they are flipped up on the boat), butt up against the swim platform and vertical is as far as they can go. They can swing out, but don't move once you are on one.

Thank you.

I use a discontinued Canon S230 digital with waterproof case. It is about 3.2 megapixels and only a 2x optical zoom. I usually post process underwater photos for color adjustment with Adobe Photoshop Elements (let it auto-fix). If I actually knew what I was doing, they would be better.

The current lineup is here:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/co...fcategoryid=113

Compatible cases:

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/co...nderwater_photo

{amazon and many other places have better prices and Canon isn't the only manufacturer to offer such products.}

We went with Nativeway. Last time we took the cruise ship excursion. We were packed on the boat like sardines. With Nativeway we only had our group of 20 on the boat. It was 10 times better than the ships excursion. Also did the island tour with them. The huricane really did some damage. I couldn't beleive it was the same island we saw 4 years ago. Many of the businesses are not going to rebuild. Several didn't have insurance and were totally wiped out. A scuba shop owner told us they were going to build condo's where many of the shops once stood. They still have a tremendous amount of clean up to do. Many were without power for 2 month's. Anyway you can't beat Nativeway.

Mike

Question about boat ride to stingray area. Altho I do not get seasick on ships, I definitely do when out in bay on boats. Am apprenhensive I will not be able to tolerate the ride to rays. Any and all feedback appreciated.

THNX, Judith

You will be in a bay and the water could be smooth or could have bumps. Most of the boats you might be on are much larger than a typical family boat. If sickness concerned me, I would take a non-drowsy medication per its instructions prior to the stingray trip. Better safe than sorry. The stingrays are definitely worth the effort.

We have booked with Captain Bryan for the 24th of this month with the additional tour of turtle farm etc. I found them on my own doing searches but came back here to this site to find out more...

They have been very helpful in answering ALL of my questions and I will post on board when I get home....DO I HAVE TO come home ??:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Captain Marvin and Loved it!! The guides were fabulous very helpful and very patient explaining snorkeling to the first timers. The boat was very nice and clean and we had 14 in our group -that was wonderful we saw all these other boats with crowds of people. I would go with CApt. Marvin again and all 14 people on board said the same thing. Captain Marvins is the best and so are his crew boats and guides.

We found Moby Dick's webpage and the tour does look really good...has anyone else tried them? It's the same price as Soto's ($30) and the boat looks nice, etc.

Any thoughts will be appreciated!

We will be there on March 16 onboard Voyager of the Seas...can't wait!

Steve

Hi. I know everyone is saying Native way but I suggest that you look into Moby Dick Tours. They are only $30 U.S and have wonderful snorkeling sites. Just a thought. Check into it and see. yall just might like it. We are going back in March. Can't wait to play with all the stingrays again:D

After a lot of research from these boards I decided to book Native Way for our group of 10 in May. When I contacted them, Sharon said she would call me for a CC # to confirm the reservation. That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard from her. Have any of you had this happen? Should I call her & find out if everything is still set?

After a lot of research from these boards I decided to book Native Way for our group of 10 in May. When I contacted them, Sharon said she would call me for a CC # to confirm the reservation. That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard from her. Have any of you had this happen? Should I call her & find out if everything is still set?

You are probably fine, but you can email her and ask. She doesn't always require a CC# for a reservation and may have decided that for you.

Eldon and Sharon at nativeway get our vote and return business. They offer Stingray city and coral gardens for $30. and Stingray City and Island tour for $40. Check out there web page, they had a summer special for a while at $25. Sheldon is the best guide, he can swim like a fish and has named the Stingrays.

When we went with Nativeway in Dec. We went snorkeling first. We were the only boat there! We had about 12-14 people on our boat!

I think we spent so much time in the water that the land portion was a tiny bit rushed. We didn't get to the Rum Factory. :-/ But I bought Rum Cakes on board the Conquest and they were priced the same as on land.

Lesley

Archived