Explain Anytime Dining to me ...

Just bear in mind that things like the shows are still based around traditional dining times.

As has been said already if you wish to take advantage of My Time dining you must opt for the pre-paid voucher tipping for your waiter $3.50, assistant waiter $2.00, head waiter $0.75, Cabin steward $3.50 all per passenger per day. I think I`ve got the amounts right.

H.

I am thinking of trying this for our June Mariner cruise. When it is just my husband and I - we like late traditional but I am thinking that might be a bit late for our two teens. So, if I understand correctly I can make a standing reservation for 7:00 p.m. (say) at a table for 4? We would have the same table and servers? That sounds, on the surface like a win-win for us. Same "perks" as traditional but get to eat a little earlier. The pre-paid tips don't bother me - we do that on Princess and I quite like it.

And on another thread someone mentioned they have risotto??? I hope so...

Thanks

Kathy

That's how it worked for my wife and I. We liked our table and wait staff the first night, and made a standing reservation for 6PM. We were seated at the same table every evening. If you know exactly what you want - 7PM table for 4 - you should go to the My Time desk as soon as you board the ship and let them know. It's located outside the Sound of Music Dining Room on Deck 5.

We feel the same way about pre-paid gratuities. It was that way on our Princess cruises, and I think it's a much simpler way to handle it.

Thanks for the answers, one last (ha!) question...pre-paid tips? How much per person/per day? Shared with everyone who supports making our cruise wonderful? On Princess it ran $10.50 pp/per day or $11/pp per day for full suites.

I really like this system. No math involved for me and if I want I can tip extra for those who made our cruise memorable.

Kathy

Archived