Radiance in Feb and Time Difference in MR ports

cruisin'sz

The Radiance does unusual cruises in Feb (for our usual 7 day)... Usually PV is not ships time... regardless... you will be fine... as private tours will make sure you will make it back... and ships arrival time... is usually a few hours earlier than scheduled arrival time...

Will be on Radiance in Feb - will the ships time be the same as the time in each port? We will be doing on our excursions (not through the ship) and want to make sure to time everything correctly. Thanks.

was on the ROS Thanksgiving 9 day cruise this is how it was for us

add 1hr after San diego night

add 1hr after Mazatlan night

turn back 1hr after Ixtapa night

turn back 1hr last night

I'm still confused. JonBGD, does your answer mean that the ship's time changes 4 times during the cruise or does your answer mean that altho the ships time does not change, we should change our watches to be in sync with the time in the Mexican Riviera.

Bottom line, the ship's itinerary says we dock in each port at a specific time - is that time the same time as it actually is in the ports?

Sorry to be so confused....

I'm still confused. JonBGD' date=' does your answer mean that the ship's time changes 4 times during the cruise or does your answer mean that altho the ships time does not change, we should change our watches to be in sync with the time in the Mexican Riviera.

Bottom line, the ship's itinerary says we dock in each port at a specific time - is that time the same time as it actually is in the ports?

Sorry to be so confused....[/quote']

Sorry to confuse you :o

the ships time changed 4 times I know for a fact in Mazatlan they were the exact same since we had a massage appt at 11 and I was worried we would be late but showed up and my watch that I set to ship time was the same as local time

In the other ports I just looked at my watch since it is such a habit not to look at local clocks and we didnt have any excursions scheduled

Usually if this is a regular port the local tour guides know exactly what time the ship gets in as they do it weekly with the same ship or in the Radiance case every 9-11 days

Also never change watches to match port time only change them when the Captain says to while on the ship On all cruises stay on ship time

Hope this helps a little more

This is a confusing topic. I know last year when I was in Puerta Vallarta, I booked a massage at a hotel and when I got there, I found that PV was one hour ahead of ship time. So I thought I was on time for my appointment at 11am, but it was actually noon in PV.

I will be on Radiance of the Sea in January. Is Ixtapa on the same time as the ship? So if the itinerary says we arrive at 7am, what time is it actually in Ixtapa?

Thanks,

Last Minute Girl

This is a confusing topic. I know last year when I was in Puerta Vallarta, I booked a massage at a hotel and when I got there, I found that PV was one hour ahead of ship time. So I thought I was on time for my appointment at 11am, but it was actually noon in PV.

I will be on Radiance of the Sea in January. Is Ixtapa on the same time as the ship? So if the itinerary says we arrive at 7am, what time is it actually in Ixtapa?

Thanks,

Last Minute Girl

As a general rule, ships on the standard 7-day Cabo, Mazatlan, Vallarta itinerary has time work like this:

Set sail with ship in Pacific time zone, ship’s time matches local time.

The night prior to reaching Cabo (or sailing south past Cabo), the ship adjusts time forward 1 hour to match Mountain time. The ship’s time will match local time in Cabo and Mazatlan. Ship’s time is 1 hour BEHIND local time in Vallarta (Central time zone).

After leaving Cabo (or sailing north past Cabo) and headed back to home port, ship’s clock changes back 1 hour so they match the home port.

You didn’t say if you will be on the 10 day or 11 day itinerary.

For your non-standard cruise, and based on what jonbgd reported, ship’s time will match local time for all the ports you will visit. Cabo & Mazatlan in Mountain time zone (1st time change) & all the rest in the Central time zone (second time change). Two time changes going back so ship will match home port.

Since jonbgd reports that ship’s time will match local in each port, I think it is a safe bet that the published itinerary arrival/departure times are also local time.

Enjoy!

Archived