Conquest or Liberty?

crabbdock

Hi All. We are planning our first cruise and I have narrowed it down between the Liberty leaving Miami or the Conquest leaving Galveston. Both have the same itenerary. Liberty is quite a bit cheaper. So my questions are: Is there much difference in the ships, is one better then the other? What about the ports, what are the differences between Miami and Galveston, which one would you prefer? And last I think, is there a difference in the kind of people you get from each port. I mean is the type of cruiser different in Miami from Texas, if so is it enough of a difference for it to matter to your cruise? Anything else you can think of that I havnt, feel free to share. Thanks for any and all replies. I am sure I will be a regular poster now. I have been planning this trip for over a year, so I have done a lot of reading and will do a lot more. I will live and breath this cruise till the day comes to leave Im sure. LOL Thanks again:)

Hi All. We are planning our first cruise and I have narrowed it down between the Liberty leaving Miami or the Conquest leaving Galveston. Both have the same itenerary. Liberty is quite a bit cheaper. So my questions are: Is there much difference in the ships, is one better then the other? What about the ports, what are the differences between Miami and Galveston, which one would you prefer? And last I think, is there a difference in the kind of people you get from each port. I mean is the type of cruiser different in Miami from Texas, if so is it enough of a difference for it to matter to your cruise? Anything else you can think of that I havnt, feel free to share. Thanks for any and all replies. I am sure I will be a regular poster now. I have been planning this trip for over a year, so I have done a lot of reading and will do a lot more. I will live and breath this cruise till the day comes to leave Im sure. LOL Thanks again:)

The ships are almost identical except for colors/decorations/artwork etc. Liberty is much newer however. Type of cruisers varies from cruise to cruise. Sometimes you get lots of rowdy party types and sometimes more subdued type folks, you just never know.

Are you thinking of driving to Galveston? Or flying to either?? I find Ft. Lauderdale the easisiest, but Miami will be easier to fly into than to fly into Houston and get to Galveston.

On the other hand if you are driving, hotels in Galveston are probably cheaper and parking for sure is cheaper. Many hotels in Galveston, even the $39.95 Econo Lodge includes free cruise parking, or go to EZCruise for $50 for parking the entire week and they shuttle you right to where the porters will take your luggage and be there when you get off bright and early. Parking is such a big plus, many drive to Galveston and one reason its so popular.

If I was flying .... Id go with Miami. Heard too many complaints about how expensive shuttles are from the airport in Houston, cant rent a car on Sundays etc. Go with Miami if you fly in.

One tiny plus perhaps, Im driving down later this month and got a beachfront hotel in Galveston (actually its across the street from the beach, so not beachfront to me, but thats in the name). Hard to be very close to the port of Miami and near the beach. South Beach is fun, but not that close to the port, and get some thing on the beach or walking distance. Most people stay near A1A and hope to get near shopping or a restaurant and the port, let alone see the ocean, they see the intercoastal (where you dont swim)

Archived