CD on Infinity-less than enthusiastic?

Renorita

I have read some reviews regarding this. We think the CD can make or break the success of some of the major activities on board. We will be taking our first Celebrity Cruise on the Infinity in August and usually enjoy going to the shows and fun activities, like the ones that have audience participation. They can be a hoot! Any comments would be appreciated. :) Also does anyone know how often the CD'S rotate to other Cruise ships, or is there no set pattern?

I have read some reviews regarding this. We think the CD can make or break the success of some of the major activities on board. We will be taking our first Celebrity Cruise on the Infinity in August and usually enjoy going to the shows and fun activities, like the ones that have audience participation. They can be a hoot! Any comments would be appreciated. :) Also does anyone know how often the CD'S rotate to other Cruise ships, or is there no set pattern?

Hi Renorita !

Last I heard, Simor Weir was the Cruise Director on Infinity. Simon was our CD on Summit last April, and he was outstanding. Simon is very energetic, and very much cares about the passengers having a great time.

I cannot say for certain if Simon will be there when you are sailing, but if you do have Simon as your Cruise Director, you will be in for a great time !

The cruise director has minimal impact on my cruise experience. In fact, from my experience, most of the 'activities' are handled by the assitant cd, or other members of the entertainment staff. This is across multiple voyages with multiple different cruise directors.

On our Infinity trip I believe the guys name was Dave (cole?), not sure. He was congenial but not up tempo. Still, it had minimal impact on my cruise.

By far the 'best' cruise director so far has been Jim (Cannon), who has since moved to corporate office in Miami.

Tbelian,

Dave Cole has not worked as a CE for Celebrity in over a year. He has since moved on to Princess and his last contract had him working on the Mercury.

As I indicated, I AM NOT SURE... what I am sure of, whoever he was, on Infinity in october to Hawaii , he didn't impress me much as terribly outgoing , but it did not impact the cruise experience

The cruise director has minimal impact on my cruise experience. In fact, from my experience, most of the 'activities' are handled by the assitant cd, or other members of the entertainment staff. This is across multiple voyages with multiple different cruise directors.

On our Infinity trip I believe the guys name was Dave (cole?), not sure. He was congenial but not up tempo. Still, it had minimal impact on my cruise.

By far the 'best' cruise director so far has been Jim (Cannon), who has since moved to corporate office in Miami.

Yes you are right regarding the CD not handling most of the activities, but they should impact the performance of the rest of the entertainment staff. Let me give you an example of what I am talking about.

My DH likes to participate in the Talent show. He is a good singer and gets a wonderful reception from the audience. When he performed on the Sun Princess, it was handled very professionally and all the participants seemed to enjoy the experience. However on our recent cruise on RCCL Legend of the Seas, the "emcee" dressed up in this outrageous outfit and came off with a ridiculous accent. She got the performers names mixed up and joked that she must have stayed too long at the wine tasting event. She was very demeaning to the performers, sticking the certificates they gave for performing on the their forehead, was carrying around this bottle of "Get a Life vitamins" and telling the audience that the performers and the audience should buy these. She seemed much more interested in being the center of attention and totally embarrassed the performers, of whom several were understandably a little nervous anyway. A good CD would not have allowed this. This is why I was asking about the CD on the infinity.

And I do realize that activities are not something everyone enjoys, and even this unfortunate situation had "minimal impact" on our cruise, but it does make us not want to experience that kind of humiliation again.

I do realize that activities are not something everyone enjoys, and even this unfortunate situation had "minimal impact" on our cruise, but it does make us not want to experience that kind of humiliation again.

I doubt you would find find this kind of weirdness on any celebrity cruise, regardless of who the cruise director is. And, I would hope that this is not 'common practice' on royal carribean. Maybe she wasnt joking about staying too long at the wine tasting ...

I doubt you would find find this kind of weirdness on any celebrity cruise, regardless of who the cruise director is. And, I would hope that this is not 'common practice' on royal carribean. Maybe she wasnt joking about staying too long at the wine tasting ...

That was are thoughts exactly!

Archived