How crowded would 3 ships be?

coloradoSunshine

I am trying to get an idea of how busy it will be on the beach for the day we are there. We will be there on March 25 on VOS, and it looks like there are 2 other ships in port the same day with a load of approximately 9K people.

We'd like to just take a taxi to Majahual and find a spot on the beach to set up camp for the day (food, drinks, play in the water) without having to prebook an AI. All threads I see say you would have no problem if you are the only ship in port. Has anyone been there with this number of ships in port, to give an idea of the crowd and if finding a good spot (chairs and umbrellas on the beach) is likely? Or would it be a better idea to pre-book an excursion?

Any first hand experiences or thoughts?

Thanks.

I am trying to get an idea of how busy it will be on the beach for the day we are there. We will be there on March 25 on VOS, and it looks like there are 2 other ships in port the same day with a load of approximately 9K people.

We'd like to just take a taxi to Majahual and find a spot on the beach to set up camp for the day (food, drinks, play in the water) without having to prebook an AI. All threads I see say you would have no problem if you are the only ship in port. Has anyone been there with this number of ships in port, to give an idea of the crowd and if finding a good spot (chairs and umbrellas on the beach) is likely? Or would it be a better idea to pre-book an excursion?

Any first hand experiences or thoughts?

Thanks.

We will be there at the end of January and are planning the same thing and there will be 3 ships in port that day too!:rolleyes:

I will report back how crowded it is and if it is a good idea just to hang out in town with that number of passengers in port that day.

WE will be there on the Carnival Dream on 5/20/2009. The dream by itself has 4000 pax.

I am wondering how many other ships will be in port. Also any suggestion for a great quiet beach restaurant/bar in Majahual would be great.

Thanks

Nicky

WE will be there on the Carnival Dream on 5/20/2009. The dream by itself has 4000 pax.

I am wondering how many other ships will be in port. Also any suggestion for a great quiet beach restaurant/bar in Majahual would be great.

Thanks

Nicky

Make an early reservation at Pez Quadro. Google it. You can get reservations for $30-$35 pp inclusive. it's toward the south end of th emalecon about a kilometer from the taxi stand, so you're away from the spots that get crowded just because they're near the first stops. By May Hard Rock may be open next tot he pier. Given the distance from the pier to Majahual, you'll probably lose a lot of people who'll just hang out at the new places near the pier too.

Or you can go north of the pier to Maya Chan where they limit the number of people they accept daily. There are threads on that here.

Make an early reservation at Pez Quadro. Google it. You can get reservations for $30-$35 pp inclusive. it's toward the south end of th emalecon about a kilometer from the taxi stand, so you're away from the spots that get crowded just because they're near the first stops. By May Hard Rock may be open next tot he pier. Given the distance from the pier to Majahual, you'll probably lose a lot of people who'll just hang out at the new places near the pier too.

Or you can go north of the pier to Maya Chan where they limit the number of people they accept daily. There are threads on that here.

I think we are looking for a nice and quiet spot, where we can enjoy the sounds of nature, not loud party music and drunk people. So I assume that Pez Quadro is not the sport right?

From what I gather the further back we walk the slower it will get and I will find some restaurant/beachbar for us to hang out for a few hours. Our ship is in town 10-3 I think, so not much time to do anything special...

Archived