"Norwalk Virus" on the Diamond Princess

BJS

We were on the 1/8 Diamond Princess cruise too.....

We were asked to fill out a form before embarkation asking if we had been ill with intestional symptoms in the previous few days. This was a first for us......wonder how many "honest" answers they got???

All the cruises we have taken since March 2004 have had us fill out the form. We heard many people laughing and saying "how ridiculous who is going to be honest about that and not be allowed to board the ship." Unless someone picked it up in PV or a crew member had it and spread it there must have been someone who brought it onboard.

• 3 years later...

I find it interesting that whenever there is mention of illness aboard the "hand sanitizer" subject still follows. Has anyone bothered to check out the REAL effectiveness of such products? My research suggests that it is minimally effective at best and at worst it creates a false sense of security.

While it may be better than nothing it is not the best solution. The best advice I have read on this forum is a good hand washing with soap and water followed by avoidance of probable points of transfer.

Healthy cruising to all.

Archived