Must cabin mates board ship together?

The on-line check-in instructions for our Serenade (1-23-10) cruise state that "All guests on the SetSail Pass must be present to board" at the pier.

If I understand this correctly, this means that all people sharing a cabin must board together, right? The problem is, my family has two cabins: one for me and DH, and one for my mom and my two year old son. My mom is flying in separately from us and we were hoping to board a couple of hours before she'll get there. But now it looks like we'll have to wait so that Mom and DS can board together :(.

It's a little bit of a bummer - I was looking forward to getting on the ship as early as possible! Am I reading this rule correctly?

The on-line check-in instructions for our Serenade (1-23-10) cruise state that "All guests on the SetSail Pass must be present to board" at the pier.

If I understand this correctly, this means that all people sharing a cabin must board together, right? The problem is, my family has two cabins: one for me and DH, and one for my mom and my two year old son. My mom is flying in separately from us and we were hoping to board a couple of hours before she'll get there. But now it looks like we'll have to wait so that Mom and DS can board together :(.

It's a little bit of a bummer - I was looking forward to getting on the ship as early as possible! Am I reading this rule correctly?

Your mom can have a separate setsail pass from you and your kids even if she is in the same cabin as your kids. Put your kids on your setsail pass and your mom can get her own during online check in. I don't think it will be a problem to board separately if you do it that way.

I may be wrong here but the "set sail pass" is the form you fill out online and then print to get onboard the ship. I think IF you fill out one for the kid and print it and mom has her own then they can board the ship separately.

If you print the set sail pass with both of them on there then Yes, they'd have to be there at the same time.

Thank you all for your speedy replies!

As I read further along in the threads, I found out some helpful information: each Set Sail pass lists the passengers who have the same onboard expense account.

So, I put my son on our onboard account and now he is listed on the Set Sail pass along with me and DH. The other ways that y'all suggested may work well too; just thought I'd pass along this technique to anyone else with this question :).

Archived