Giving Seabourn another try

Pipkins

We have just made a reservation for Sojourn travelling Dover to Dover on the 20th June. Following one wonderful trip on Legend, and two on Pride, our fourth cruise, and number three, taken on Pride in 2009 was most disappointing. However, I have discussed this at length on this forum, so will not go back there...!!:)

Looking forward to our trip on Sojourn very much indeed, and hoping that she does not have the vibration problems we read about with Odyssey, and really exited about having a balcony this time.....any advice about the new ships would be wonderful.

Hey all of you!! this is all interesting reading, but I began by asking for advice on the new ships !!

So here is something you more experienced Seabourners can perhaps help me with.....We have received the Voyage Confirmation Invoice for our trip on Sojourn on the 20th June. We are traveling - to coin a phrase I have read on this site - Steerage - (well almost ) - a V1 suite. I suppose it can be called Steerage One star. On the invoice is says after the stateroom grade " partial glass windscreen'.

Does this mean we have less of a screen, and therefore privacy, from the adjacent suite, than higher grade balconies?

Hey all of you!! this is all interesting reading, but I began by asking for advice on the new ships !!

So here is something you more experienced Seabourners can perhaps help me with.....We have received the Voyage Confirmation Invoice for our trip on Sojourn on the 20th June. We are traveling - to coin a phrase I have read on this site - Steerage - (well almost ) - a V1 suite. I suppose it can be called Steerage One star. On the invoice is says after the stateroom grade " partial glass windscreen'.

Does this mean we have less of a screen, and therefore privacy, from the adjacent suite, than higher grade balconies?

I agree about these messages having got completely off the subject!!! I believe however, and someone will confirm this, that it is only the front, sea, side of the balcony which has a metal base below the glass top.

Two more thoughts - shouldn't Seabourn be advertising these lower deck balcony suites more honestly right from the start - i.e. that they have metal part way up the balcony; and maybe Sojourn will be different? Anyone know?

Yes I agree. We have only had balconies on Crystal, never on Seabourn, and I thought that a balcony would be of a standard type, unless of course, it opened from one of the larger suites.

I think I noticed somewhere on this site that you have booked on Spirit this summer - have a lovely time!

Yes I agree. We have only had balconies on Crystal, never on Seabourn, and I thought that a balcony would be of a standard type, unless of course, it opened from one of the larger suites.

I think I noticed somewhere on this site that you have booked on Spirit this summer - have a lovely time!

We have indeed booked on Spirit early summer, when the free flights and transfers were included, and it seemed a bargain! We have also booked on your Sojourn cruise!! It seemed an ideal chance to travel without flying, driving to Dover and parking there. The only misgivings are that we would never normally go on a ship for about the first six months, to give her a chance to 'bed in', but as you probably felt it was an opportunity too good to miss to avoid the hassle that flying now is.

See you at the Sky Bar.

We have indeed booked on Spirit early summer, when the free flights and transfers were included, and it seemed a bargain! We have also booked on your Sojourn cruise!! It seemed an ideal chance to travel without flying, driving to Dover and parking there. The only misgivings are that we would never normally go on a ship for about the first six months, to give her a chance to 'bed in', but as you probably felt it was an opportunity too good to miss to avoid the hassle that flying now is.

See you at the Sky Bar.

Is your Spirit cruise just for 7 days with flights, or are longer cruises available with flights

See you at the Sky Bar.

We agree about letting a new ship 'bed in' - and we are concerned about the vibration issue that is being aired about Odyssey. However, the opportunity to embark, and return, to Dover was just too tempting. We are considering a private tour for St. Petersburg - I am sure it will have changed from my last visit to 'Leningrad' in 1969!

Yes, see you at the Sky Bar !! Think it might be busier than Pride....

Is your Spirit cruise just for 7 days with flights, or are longer cruises available with flights

It is just 7 days, sadly; I don't know if you are in the UK or not, and if these offers were made to other countries. We do prefer to do 14 days, but are doing 14 on the Sojourn in June.

There are still offers being made including flights etc. for some other cruises in the Med. and Europe. These are not direct from Seabourn , but fron various TAs, and the prices are not all identical. Currently there are some longer ones on Sojourn being offered. I would love to know if these offers are only for the UK and maybe Europe?

Archived