Bodden Tours

cbressler76

I decided to book a tour through Victor because I read so many good reviews about it. I have a couple of questions..... Thanks all!!

-How long before they let you off of the ship? Since we aren't doing a tour through carnival.....I was afraid that they won't let us off for a while....

-Do the people from Victor's wait for you? (just in case they don't let us off early enough)....and if they didn't are there plenty of other guided tours to find on the outside?

-When I booked the tour I didn't add the iguana place....but I think that my boys would really like this place....can I ask the guide to go there even though I didn't check it off as a place that I wanted to go? (I'm sure that I can email him and ask....but I didn't want to bother him with a stupid question....lol...)

Thanks all!

Can't speak for how long it will take Carnival to let you off the ship as I sailed Princess in November. You should be docked there so should be off pretty rapidly as opposed to having to tender. I'm assuming you are docking at Mahogany Bay. We were on one of the last Princess cruises that still docked in Coxen Hole so there was a Victor Bodden booth right there. We were actually quite late getting off and still made our tour. I'm not sure what the experience will be in Mahogany Bay as you will have to walk up to the main gate to meet your tour guide. I would suggest you email Victor with your concerns. He is very responsive and should be able to help you.

In regards to adding something on your tour, there will be no problem. This tour was the most flexible tour I have ever taken. It was absolutely fabulous. You can add and delete as you go. I would suggest that once you meet your driver you tell him your interests and ask him if he/she has any suggestions.

Have a great day in Roatan. I absolutely loved that island an my experience there.

I tried to get a last minute reservation with Bodden ... something with snorkeling but they were 100% booked. Now with so many ships there at the same time (I think 4 are there next Thursday) is there now a shortage of independent tour operators? Just curious ..... does anyone have another suggestion I might find on the web? Something with some simple and I understand the area near West End is the best if given a choice.

I decided to book a tour through Victor because I read so many good reviews about it. I have a couple of questions..... Thanks all!!

-How long before they let you off of the ship? Since we aren't doing a tour through carnival.....I was afraid that they won't let us off for a while....

As soon as the ship is cleared by local authorities, you will be free to go ashore. Most of the bodden tours leave at 10AM but some earlier. It all depends on your ship. You will most likely be at MB Terminal.

-Do the people from Victor's wait for you? (just in case they don't let us off early enough)....and if they didn't are there plenty of other guided tours to find on the outside? They will wait for you but not all day. I think aboiut 11 or 11:30 is the latest they said they waited for passengers.

-When I booked the tour I didn't add the iguana place....but I think that my boys would really like this place....can I ask the guide to go there even though I didn't check it off as a place that I wanted to go? (I'm sure that I can email him and ask....but I didn't want to bother him with a stupid question....lol...) By all means tell the driver where you want to go. It's just the additional cost of admission CASH. I suggest the monkey business cause it was a blast to do.

Thanks all!

Happy Cruising to you and you'll have a blast. Bring a umbrella because at times it can get a little wet.

West End is great and the Lighthouse Bar and Restaurant is good with good food but very slow service. YMMV of course...

I tried to get a last minute reservation with Bodden ... something with snorkeling but they were 100% booked. Now with so many ships there at the same time (I think 4 are there next Thursday) is there now a shortage of independent tour operators? Just curious ..... does anyone have another suggestion I might find on the web? Something with some simple and I understand the area near West End is the best if given a choice.

Sorry you couldn't get on with Victor, as we've used him in the past and are booked with him for our upcoming cruise this March, but check out this thread to see if they can help you: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1107755

If you want to snorkel in Roatan, I would recommend that you check out Upachaya snorkel tours. I've done Bodden Tours and snorkeled West End, Upachaya wins for sure.

If you walk through the dock / pier, Victor has a permanent booth outside. He's easy to find but I recommend that if you see him you run the other way.

Our tour was terrible. The guide knew nothing & he got our van stuck in a ditch.

Well, i think our tour was alright with Bodden Tours. We walked to the area outside the gate and up the hill and were met by the tour guides. Our guides name was Micheal and he was alright but we were riding in like a 82 mercury sable with broken door handles and no AC. I was a bit disheartened as Victor advised me that his guides all have nice cars and KNOW the island. We rode around and visited the monkey pens at victors house. (not worth the $5) and then our driver took us to a private excursion we booked at Spa Baan Suerte for my wife and i to enjoy massages and body wraps. This was the highlight of Roatan for me!!! But, our driver left us there and said he would be back in 2 hours when we told him we would be done. He was 1 1/2 hours late getting back to us, because he went back to the pier to pick up a fare!!! ***??? I have sent Victor several emails about this but he has not returned any of them. We were back to the ship on time, but I would not recommend this tour.

We returned from the Carnival Legend on 1/17, with Roatan being our last stop (and our favorite). We booked a "Beach Bus" with Victor Bodden Tours, thinking that we would be with others heading for the West beaches. As it turned out, we had our own van with our own personal driver! We got off the ship, proceeded out of the terminal and up the hill (as instructed) and found our contact immediately. They took us to our van within minutes and off we went! "Miss Anne" was our driver and she was wonderful! She would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go, but our goal was to spend the day on one of the West beaches. We ended up going to Foster's Resort to access West Bay beach area - they charge $5 per person, but give you a free drink coupon so it's basically a wash. People there were very kind and we had a very enjoyable day on the beach. Be prepared for lots of beach vendors, but all are harmless and actually lovely people.

Bodden drivers must not leave the area, so you can come and go whenever you want. Anne also made sure that we left the beach with enough time to get back to the ship. (They are responsible for you and will ensure you get back on time!) We cut it close - by our doing - but we made it!! What a wonderful day!

Archived