Penthouse suite on ncl spirit

ddx3

• 2 weeks later...

We're booked in this cabin in November. NCL shows nothing informative about cabin. I have looked at tempdragon's photos and Bronzegodess both at Webshots. Here's the rub. The latter shows a balcony off the bedroom as well as one in front. When I look at the current deck plans I don't see where there could be a balcony on the port side. I wonder why NCL doesn't have more info on the actual suites rather than the generic info which is not really accurate and if anything understates the features of the cabin.

I have just sailed in 9212, I have to say it was one of the cutest Suites I have ever sailed in (even done the Garden Villas 3 times)! The suites are all as good as the same, I have seen them all. The 2 Suites (AB on Deck 10) forward on the side are actually old Owner's Suites and feature the same as the actually Owner's Suites with the 2 Balconies. The AD are a bit smaller (by a closet location) then the AC, but ahve the double of size balcony! The Ameneties are all the same in all Suites, except the AA get the free liquor bottles. The current Concierge of the Spirit (Lisa) is the best you can find in the fleet together with Ruth on the Pearl!

Maxi The Butler, was responible for my Garden Villa on the Jewel...and he was the best I had so far, too!

Enjoy the Spirit...she is one fine elegant ship!

• 2 months later...
Wazzo,

I can offer some help, albeit incomplete. Here are some of the names:

AD Deck 9 :

9212 Gemini Suite

AC Deck 10

10512 Pisces

10522 Sagittarius

10018 Virgo

10022 Aries

AB Deck 10

10502 Singapore Suite

10500 Hong Kong Suite

10000 Philippines Suite

10001 Thai Suite

10002 Malaysian Suite

AA Deck 9

9208 Shanghai Suite

I noticed that the suites had some sort of decor or artwork that tied in with the name. I especially loved the beautiful Thai wood carving statues. I consider these to be the most unique suites of any ship I have seen, with one suite being completely different than the one next door in appearance! Maybe you can see some of the differences in the pictures.

It has been awhile since I collected these links to pictures and the associated information, but here goes:

The two on the sides 10502 Singapore and 10002 Malaysian have the forward-facing balcony and also a small one on the side.

Pictures of 10502 Singapore Suite can be found here (posted by tempdragon)

http://community.webshots.com/album/224277030qaTdwk

Pictures of 10500 Hong Kong Suite can be found here (fritz)

http://homepage.mac.com/tfitz77/PhotoAlbum5.html

Pictures of 10000 Philippines Suite (natalunia)

http://community.webshots.com/album/148023323sWwmHX

To compare these AB's to the AC's, here is an example of an AC #10522 Sagittarius Suite (jeffnjenette)

http://www.jeffandjenette.com/site/index.php?spgmGal=NCL_Spirit_-_Penthouse_10522&option=com_mambospgm&Itemid=26

Thanks for the pictures of 10502 ! We have this cabin booked for our cruise in August -- it's our first time crusing on NCL, and first time in a penthouse suite... it looks fabulous !

Wazzo,

I can offer some help, albeit incomplete. Here are some of the names:

AD Deck 9 :

9212 Gemini Suite

AC Deck 10

10512 Pisces

10522 Sagittarius

10018 Virgo

10022 Aries

AB Deck 10

10502 Singapore Suite

10500 Hong Kong Suite

10000 Philippines Suite

10001 Thai Suite

10002 Malaysian Suite

AA Deck 9

9208 Shanghai Suite

I noticed that the suites had some sort of decor or artwork that tied in with the name. I especially loved the beautiful Thai wood carving statues. I consider these to be the most unique suites of any ship I have seen, with one suite being completely different than the one next door in appearance! Maybe you can see some of the differences in the pictures.

It has been awhile since I collected these links to pictures and the associated information, but here goes:

The two on the sides 10502 Singapore and 10002 Malaysian have the forward-facing balcony and also a small one on the side.

Pictures of 10502 Singapore Suite can be found here (posted by tempdragon)

http://community.webshots.com/album/224277030qaTdwk

Pictures of 10500 Hong Kong Suite can be found here (fritz)

http://homepage.mac.com/tfitz77/PhotoAlbum5.html

Pictures of 10000 Philippines Suite (natalunia)

http://community.webshots.com/album/148023323sWwmHX

To compare these AB's to the AC's, here is an example of an AC #10522 Sagittarius Suite (jeffnjenette)

http://www.jeffandjenette.com/site/index.php?spgmGal=NCL_Spirit_-_Penthouse_10522&option=com_mambospgm&Itemid=26

Thanks for the pictures of 10502 ! We have this cabin booked for our cruise in August -- it's our first time crusing on NCL, and first time in a penthouse suite... it looks fabulous !

I have just sailed in 9212, I have to say it was one of the cutest Suites I have ever sailed in (even done the Garden Villas 3 times)! The suites are all as good as the same, I have seen them all. The 2 Suites (AB on Deck 10) forward on the side are actually old Owner's Suites and feature the same as the actually Owner's Suites with the 2 Balconies. The AD are a bit smaller (by a closet location) then the AC, but ahve the double of size balcony!

Sneakerstud, I'm in the suite right next door, 9210 in May. How big is the balcony? Its Wife and I in the Suite, but Daughter, Mother in Law and Aunt will be in 9207 right across the hall. I'm sure we'll all be spending time on our balcony together. Is it big enough for 5 people together? We've really been spoiled by the 300+ sqft balconys on the aft corner suites on HAL vista ships. Hoping this one wont be too small.

Tim

Sneakerstud, I'm in the suite right next door, 9210 in May. How big is the balcony? Its Wife and I in the Suite, but Daughter, Mother in Law and Aunt will be in 9207 right across the hall. I'm sure we'll all be spending time on our balcony together. Is it big enough for 5 people together? We've really been spoiled by the 300+ sqft balconys on the aft corner suites on HAL vista ships. Hoping this one wont be too small.

Tim

Norwegian Spirit 9210 stats:

Balcony 84 Square Feet

Cabin 330 Square Feet

The AC's that I saw on the port side, forward, deck 10 had full windows beside the tub and even the full length of the shower. They had the most amazing views, even better, I thought, than the views from the bathrooms in the AB's that I saw. I don't know if all of the AC's are like this, but I can confirm that at least some of them are.

The showers have a pull-down shade on the inside.

Here are some pictures from a slide show of the Spirit, showing the windows in the bath area.

Gemini AC 9212 shower view: http://164.109.173.140/spirit_slideshow/pages/P5220425_JPG.htm

Gemini AC 9212 tub view:

http://164.109.173.140/spirit_slideshow/pages/P5220423_JPG.htm

Thank you for these pictures! We are booked in 9212 for the 15 night repo cruise on the Spirit in November.

Jon

We're booked in this cabin in November. NCL shows nothing informative about cabin. I have looked at tempdragon's photos and Bronzegodess both at Webshots. Here's the rub. The latter shows a balcony off the bedroom as well as one in front. When I look at the current deck plans I don't see where there could be a balcony on the port side. I wonder why NCL doesn't have more info on the actual suites rather than the generic info which is not really accurate and if anything understates the features of the cabin.

I would like to know this, too. We will be in 10502 in March and I haven't been able to figure this out either...

• 2 weeks later...

Cruised the Spirit in April..had 10001 and 10002..difference..powder room and side balcony in 10002.

Biggest dissapointment was the balcony.. very narrow...although 10002 had a very small side balcony the front balcony was not what I expected especially after sailling in 10506 on the Dawn.

Would not pay extra for that cat. again, would check out the mini suites on the Spirit.

But, the ship and the cruise was great!

Cruised the Spirit in April..had 10001 and 10002..difference..powder room and side balcony in 10002.

Biggest dissapointment was the balcony.. very narrow...although 10002 had a very small side balcony the front balcony was not what I expected especially after sailling in 10506 on the Dawn.

Would not pay extra for that cat. again, would check out the mini suites on the Spirit.

But, the ship and the cruise was great!

We will be in 10002 in march. Is the front balcony off limits during sailing? Where is the door that leads to the side balcony.

We will be in 10002 in march. Is the front balcony off limits during sailing? Where is the door that leads to the side balcony.

You can use the front balcony as long as the weather is ok.

The side balcony off of the bedroom.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have pictures of AD Room 9210? Would love to see them as we are booked on the Spirit for Xmas '07

Thanks!

Attached are some pictures of the bathroom in suite 9210 from our cruise last 2/24 to 3/4/07. Sorry I did not take pictures of the other parts of the cabin. The photos on NCL's N. Spirit photo gallery of suite 9210 is an accurate representation of this cabin.

IMG_0001.JPG.f0faec53b7d98a05de9a9c4a21517c92.JPG

IMG_0001_1.JPG.03beb9dba8d089008481c4b1975b7824.JPG

Thank you Cruitenn for providing the pictures of the bathroom. Do you have the web site address for the photo gallery?

McCutie I appreciate that you'll take pictures during you August cruise. I am really interested in the entry way the living room and the bedroom.

Anymore pictures out there for room 9210 on the Spirit?

Thank you Cruitenn for providing the pictures of the bathroom. Do you have the web site address for the photo gallery?

McCutie I appreciate that you'll take pictures during you August cruise. I am really interested in the entry way the living room and the bedroom.

Anymore pictures out there for room 9210 on the Spirit?

Use the web site on the title page to view the Photo Gallery - look for suite 9212 or Gemini.

• 3 years later...

Hi. I see its been awhile since someone discussed the Suites on the Spirit, but I thougt I would post my questions here in the hope that some who visited these suites would reply...

I have just booked Suite 10002 for 12 Night Eastern Med Cruise from 3 June 2012.

I did this after much research on the web. I am very worried though about three things involving the privacy of the two forward corner Delux Penthouse Suites on the Spirit (10502 Singapore Suite (light wood) and 10002 Malaysian Suite (dark wood))

1. It looks like one can see down onto the front balcony from the protruding bridge windows in the middle above?

2. It also looks like one can see down onto the small side balcony from the protruding side windows from the bridge above?

3. I have read here that there is a camera close to the side balcony that gives the bridge vision of the side of the ship towards the back. According to a few this will give the bridge a view of your side balcony at all times ?

Now, if the answer to any of the above is yes, it would be creepy. For some it might not be an issue. I believe that my room should be private and my balcony should be an extension of my room. I just want to find the facts first.

Can anyone that's been in the suites before or knows the ship give me feedback please.

Much appr

• 1 year later...

Sailed January 2012 in cabin 10502 to Caribbean and absolutely loved it so much we are sailing in cabin 10002 to Mediterranean in 2013. Yes we could hear the guy next to our living room area order his daily drinks - yes the front balcony was a little windy at sea - yes the curtains had to be closed at night but we had so much fun in and out of the cabin that we just have to try the one on the other side of the ship for 12 whole days. The layout of the entire cabin was awesome and great for entertaining our friends. The bathroom was incredibly spacious. Both balconies were narrow but nevertheless really great to have a choice and we enjoyed them a lot day and night especially early am - late evening and going into and out of each of the ports. This was the first cruise for our friends Bill and Pat and they were amazed at the room we had. Glad to answer any questions or help ease any fears. Oh and yes there is a camera outside the cabin - we were told it shows the entire side of the ship and since we were not out there naked we did not pay attention to it at all. They need to have it there for safety reasons so not a problem in our eyes....

Looking forward to our first Mediterranean cruise - hopefully not our last (if we win the lottery that is).