Delays out of Toronto Pearson on Amer. Air?

6twocruise

Was just wondering if many people have had problems catching early morning flights out of Toronto to Miami on a US airline. Wondering how much earlier we should be there for our 6a.m. flight? Any thoughts? I've read nightmarish stories of 7 to 10 hour waits for security!!:)

Was just wondering if many people have had problems catching early morning flights out of Toronto to Miami on a US airline. Wondering how much earlier we should be there for our 6a.m. flight? Any thoughts? I've read nightmarish stories of 7 to 10 hour waits for security!!:)

I live in Toronto and everyone is saying min 3 hrs. And I would stick to that for an early flight such as 6:am. It's later in the day that it gets out of hand as the flights get delayed and start backing up that you have problems.

Another concern is that I'm not sure what time your airline booth opens up for 1st flight. I would call US Air and find out what time they open and I would call and get at least two replies. Because you won't be able to go anywhere till you get your boarding pass.

I would also be checking the GTAA site for udates prior to going, here is their web page and y'll see bottom right side an area to click on "travelling to the US"

http://www.gtaa.com/en/home/

Another dependency is how early US customs opens - I seem to remember 4:am or 4:30am at Pearson...so there might be a lag after checking in. Looked on GTAA website and couldn't find any updates...maybe give them a call.

CG

Archived