Island Princess Balcony Question

happyvalley

We're considering a Panama Canal transit on the Island Princess. We would like to know if the minisuite balconies are larger than other balconies, such as the oceanview double. I know that on some Princess ships the Caribe deck has larger balconies than other decks for the same oceanview double. We don't really care if the cabin is larger, but we sure like the larger balcony. (Though don't like the cig smoke from neighbors!) Also, if going through the canal from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco, is there any one side that is better than the other? I've heard that there is a right and left canal that the ship goes through and that is a last-minute decision which canal is assigned. Many thanks!

We're considering a Panama Canal transit on the Island Princess. We would like to know if the minisuite balconies are larger than other balconies, such as the oceanview double. I know that on some Princess ships the Caribe deck has larger balconies than other decks for the same oceanview double. We don't really care if the cabin is larger, but we sure like the larger balcony. (Though don't like the cig smoke from neighbors!) Also, if going through the canal from Ft. Lauderdale to Acapulco, is there any one side that is better than the other? I've heard that there is a right and left canal that the ship goes through and that is a last-minute decision which canal is assigned. Many thanks!

You are correct the ship can be sent to either side of the locks so there is no telling.

Check out this site....

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

... I know that on some Princess ships the Caribe deck has larger balconies than other decks for the same oceanview double. We don't really care if the cabin is larger, but we sure like the larger balcony.

A word about this cruise and the Caribe deck. We too prefer the larger balconies and could not get the Caribe on the return b2b. They offered us a Mini-suite upgrade but we chose instead to go on a waiting list for the Caribe because it has a balcony larger than the Mini. We finally did get the Caribe but we will have to move staterooms for the return.

Archived