Restaurant Surcharges

goodthatwontcomeout

I'm not sure what you're asking for here. There are no surcharges in the Costa restaurants, i.e. the main dining rooms, or buffets. The drinks, wine, mineral water, cost extra, but in this case you sign for what you order and pay at the end of the cruise with all your other charges. Gratuities you also pay for at the end of the cruise but everything goes on one final bill charged to your credit card or cash.

Now if you're asking about the speciality restaurants present on most Costa ships, if you eat in one you do pay a surcharge a la carte, but these per menu item charges are quite reasonable and will go on your final bill.

Hope this is what you wanted.

I'm not sure what you're asking for here. There are no surcharges in the Costa restaurants, i.e. the main dining rooms, or buffets. The drinks, wine, mineral water, cost extra, but in this case you sign for what you order and pay at the end of the cruise with all your other charges. Gratuities you also pay for at the end of the cruise but everything goes on one final bill charged to your credit card or cash.

Now if you're asking about the speciality restaurants present on most Costa ships, if you eat in one you do pay a surcharge a la carte, but these per menu item charges are quite reasonable and will go on your final bill.

Hope this is what you wanted.

What could we expect to pay extra for dinner in the speciality restaurants?

Ozza: I don't recall because I've only had the "free" meals being a Costa Club member. There have been other posts on the forum that gave some prices. However, the prices are all very reasonable because if you order lobster for example, you're not paying the full price for the entree because you're already on full board - just a surcharge for the privilege of eating that lobster in a private club. The surcharge for a hamburger would be considerably less than for the lobster I would presume.

Ozza: I don't recall because I've only had the "free" meals being a Costa Club member. There have been other posts on the forum that gave some prices. However, the prices are all very reasonable because if you order lobster for example, you're not paying the full price for the entree because you're already on full board - just a surcharge for the privilege of eating that lobster in a private club. The surcharge for a hamburger would be considerably less than for the lobster I would presume.

Not only my first cruise on Costa but first cruise ever so not yet a member of Costa Club but I have a feeling I will be very soon!

Although it's a very rare occasion I would say I'm more of a Lobster person my self!

Ta for the info.

I am also a Pearl member and one of the perks is, we get a free meal in the Club Bacco, which is the specialty restaurant and is awesome.

However we took friends in last year on the Concordia and sure we only paid a fixed 25 Euro fee for them.

Anyway all the prices are in the folder in your cabin, for room service snacks, wine and drink and other menus. worth a read though for good information about shipboard things.

Have a great cruise and remember cruising is like 'Being inThe Garden of Eating'

Love it... "The Garden of Eating"! That's exactly right...

I just guess, that the OP was referring to the Specialty Restaurant? In that case, it is currently $ 30 per person during Caribbean sailings. However, if you are a Costa Club Member at level Pearl or Gold Pearl, or you are cruising in a Suite or Grand Suite, you will receive a complimentary visit to the Club Restaurant.

Archived