The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

which shuttle (there are over 50) is the best and cheapest for Orlando to Port Canaveral - specifically the Radisson. I want to spend money on booze and fun stuff. Any help would be most appreciated.

bolivar5599@yahoo.com if you are so inclined.

Thanks a bunch!!!

Edited by bolivar5599

Thanks to all who helped for my pre-cruise hotel for 5 (haven't booked yet since our group might "grow". I'll know tomorrow by how many:eek:).

Now our flights home are at 7pm. Aside from the Space center, what can we occupy ourselves (and 2 kids (6 and 5)) for that long? We really don't want to be at MCO for a whole day. I'm trying to avoid renting car because I want to feel like I'm on vacation (I drive everybody around at home). We will probably hire a limo.

Suggestions?

Another question. Is there a restaurant we can walk to from the Residence inn in Cape Canaveral?

which shuttle (there are over 50) is the best and cheapest for Orlando to Port Canaveral - specifically the Radisson. I want to spend money on booze and fun stuff. Any help would be most appreciated.

bolivar5599@yahoo.com if you are so inclined.

Thanks a bunch!!!

There's a bunch of info on post #295, but here's a few companies that I compiled for our Roll Call:

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

www.beachlinetransportation.net

Cocoa Beach Shuttle (offers 10% discount if you mention Cruise Critic?)

321-631-4144

http://www.cbshuttle.com/

TraveLynx

800-226-5969 or 321-631-7777

http://www.travelynx.net/

Beach Line quoted me $28.50 pp and TraveLynx has quoted $25.00. Since the quote is for 1 person, they might give discounts for more people. These 2 companies have received recent good reviews on the Florida boards.

A lot of people have used CB Shuttle and they have return customers, but since their reviews have slipped a little, I didn't call them for pricing.

Certainly there are limo companies also, tho I never contacted them.

BEACHLINE is that price minus the 10% for mentioning CC?

I don't believe so, because at the time I hadn't read that they offered a 10% CC discount. I guess that TraveLynx would still be a little cheaper...not that it means that they're better:)

Good Morning Alex - it is my sincere pleasure to help when I can (and yes Joe P. is a great guy) now I have to agree with Peg, but let me see what I can find out and get back to you.

Kentucky - also let me check a couple of things out and also will back to you.

Hope everyone has a great day today - keep smiling :-))

Hi Shirley-

We found a one way rental from port back to MCO for under $40!!! Worked out that everyone on our rollcall already had transportation plans. Now we have a few extra hours to explore before our flight.

Thanks again for your help:)

Alex

Thanks to all the great info on this thread i have arranged transportation with VIP Limos for our trips from MCO to hotel, then next day round trip to KSC aand then after the cruise from the port to INtl Drive all for less than i expected, i emailed Michael on sunday and was amazed how quicckly he responded.

Thanks again Shirley from rainy England!

Thanks to all the great info on this thread i have arranged transportation with VIP Limos for our trips from MCO to hotel, then next day round trip to KSC aand then after the cruise from the port to INtl Drive all for less than i expected, i emailed Michael on sunday and was amazed how quicckly he responded.

Thanks again Shirley from rainy England!

Sorry that I haven't been on lately - got a bug but all over it now.

Michael is a very nice person to work with and his prices are excellent for what he offers.

this is why I really like the mom and pop businesses for they seem to really go a long way, but then, there isn't too many places here that doesn't do all they can for their guest.

Don't know when you are sailing but keep an eye on the weather on post #295 for we have been having some heavy rain but we sure have needed it.

Take care and have a very enjoyable cruise and time while here.

Sorry that I haven't been on lately - got a bug but all over it now.

Michael is a very nice person to work with and his prices are excellent for what he offers.

this is why I really like the mom and pop businesses for they seem to really go a long way, but then, there isn't too many places here that doesn't do all they can for their guest.

Don't know when you are sailing but keep an eye on the weather on post #295 for we have been having some heavy rain but we sure have needed it.

Take care and have a very enjoyable cruise and time while here.

Thanks Shirley, yep he seems great to deal with!

We are arriving October 14 th and cruising on the dream on the 16th!!

Cant wait as its our first visit to US and first cruise.

There's a bunch of info on post #295, but here's a few companies that I compiled for our Roll Call:

Beach Line Transportation

321-453-9660

www.beachlinetransportation.net

Cocoa Beach Shuttle (offers 10% discount if you mention Cruise Critic?)

321-631-4144

http://www.cbshuttle.com/

TraveLynx

800-226-5969 or 321-631-7777

http://www.travelynx.net/

Beach Line quoted me $28.50 pp and TraveLynx has quoted $25.00. Since the quote is for 1 person, they might give discounts for more people. These 2 companies have received recent good reviews on the Florida boards.

A lot of people have used CB Shuttle and they have return customers, but since their reviews have slipped a little, I didn't call them for pricing.

Certainly there are limo companies also, tho I never contacted them.

We really appreciate the help. We used to rent a car and decided for less money we can let somebody else do it! Why work if you don't HAVE to??

sorry to hear you had a bug SHIRLEY...glad you are BETTER:)

i check this thread on a daily basis for all the PC up to date questions and answers;)

Good morning Star,

I am feeling much better - I am in the process of updating post #295 and found it so amazing that I dropped the hotels etc a quick note so that they could give me an update on their place (like any added information, renovations, restaurants they may have added) and I would add to it if need be and one or two said they didn't want to "participate" and I am thinking ok even assuring them their were no cost, no strings attached NOTHING

I put the information on the board for the cruisers and the choices are up to them NOT ME.

I was most stunned with the Hilton - oh well - they do have a nice place just wish they would have added to my comment on them.

Anyhow hope have a great day and cruise day coming soon for each and all.

Til later :-)

thanks to you I have booked Viplimo. to take me and my family ( 3 total) from MCO. to Port Canaveral. At a charge of $79.00 what would be the proper tip for the ride. I was thinking of rounding it off to $80.00 and giving the driver 20% which would make it a $16.00 tip. Is this o.k.

Thanks in advance.

thanks to you I have booked Viplimo. to take me and my family ( 3 total) from MCO. to Port Canaveral. At a charge of $79.00 what would be the proper tip for the ride. I was thinking of rounding it off to $80.00 and giving the driver 20% which would make it a $16.00 tip. Is this o.k.

Thanks in advance.

That is very fair and I am sure very appreciated - have I ever told anyone how I met Michael?

He came into a place of business and needed purple cello for his lights since he had to take some kids to the prom and was going nuts looking for it - I happened to know where he could get it, got it for him and off he went, but before he left, I was so impressed not only of his niceness, but very polite and the lenght he went to make the prom kids feel like they were not only very special, but treated like kings and queens for he knew how important their last prom was and most important the most beautiful smile on his face and this is why I thought it would be nice to share him with the board.

We are always trying to make sure that our visitors have the best information to make their important decisions - AGAIN I always give choices and those that I have talked about are all just that YOUR DECISION AND YOUR CHOICES OK?

We just want everyone or anyone that comes here, feel safe and comfortable - no strings attached

I believe CC should always be commended for allowing this thread for they have been so instrumental in allowing this thread to continue and grow with so much imput from so many and that is even better

Blessings and may each have a bright smily day ;-))

That is very fair and I am sure very appreciated - have I ever told anyone how I met Michael?

He came into a place of business and needed purple cello for his lights since he had to take some kids to the prom and was going nuts looking for it - I happened to know where he could get it, got it for him and off he went, but before he left, I was so impressed not only of his niceness, but very polite and the lenght he went to make the prom kids feel like they were not only very special, but treated like kings and queens for he knew how important their last prom was and most important the most beautiful smile on his face and this is why I thought it would be nice to share him with the board.

We are always trying to make sure that our visitors have the best information to make their important decisions - AGAIN I always give choices and those that I have talked about are all just that YOUR DECISION AND YOUR CHOICES OK?

We just want everyone or anyone that comes here, feel safe and comfortable - no strings attached

I believe CC should always be commended for allowing this thread for they have been so instrumental in allowing this thread to continue and grow with so much imput from so many and that is even better

We reserved VIPLimo for 9-3 also. I like to patronize the good guys. I really feel we need to use small businesses whenever we can. The big guys make the big bucks - the smaller ones do the best job it has been my experience.

Thanks for sharing, Shirley! Although we haven't actually used VIP yet... I have been very impressed with Michael's customer services thus far. He was very quick to respond to my initial email inquiry. And since then have had to make some changes due to our flights being reschedule... and he was very attentive to our needs. And even when I told him that we were debating renting a car for our pre-cruise transportation, he gave me a one-trip price for his car service for transportation back to the airport from the cruise port.

We have since decided to stick with his car service and explore Cocoa Beach pre-cruise without transportation. I will definitely be back to share my experiences after our cruise -- only 25 days away!!

Edited by corkyanige

We're thinking of visiting Universal Studios for 1 day. I can only find good deals for passes of 3+days. Any suggestions on local sites to seach for just a 1 day discount?...Shirley glad you're feeling better and posting updates again.

thanks

Alex

I have read and reread these post and still am in need of your assistance. I am trying to find a hotel that would accomodiate six on the beach or very near for walking for one night precruise. We will have a car but prefer to walk if possible. I have looked at Radison Best Western LaQuinta but the more reviews i read the more confused i get. Where would you stay if you were with your granddaughter?

Thank you and I am also glad you are feeling better!

I have read and reread these post and still am in need of your assistance. I am trying to find a hotel that would accomodiate six on the beach or very near for walking for one night precruise. We will have a car but prefer to walk if possible. I have looked at Radison Best Western LaQuinta but the more reviews i read the more confused i get. Where would you stay if you were with your granddaughter?

Thank you and I am also glad you are feeling better!

Good morning Lincolndog,

I know it can be very fusterating when you are trying to find something and can't or like some folks say, too much information confuses you more.

When my granddaughter came to stay with me and we needed real girl time, I would take her over to what is now the La Quinta which is on Hendry Street in Cocoa Beach - we were close to Cocoa Beach Pier, close to shopping, church, restaurants and it really was super nice - if we wanted to go to Ron Jon's there is a trolley car stop there on A1A and this is how we could travel - to walk over to RJ was too far in the heat for us and I was much younger.

Look why don't you drop me a note at snelsonbrown at aol dot com and I will give you some email addresses and you can write them all and just get a better picture so you won't feel so fusterated ok?

Take care and have a great day

We're thinking of visiting Universal Studios for 1 day. I can only find good deals for passes of 3+days. Any suggestions on local sites to seach for just a 1 day discount?...Shirley glad you're feeling better and posting updates again.

thanks

Alex

Hello Alex,

Yep feeling better - just had a bug for a few days or just maybe it has just been so darn hot, that it zapped me - anyhow I know we have a few places listed around here with supposely theme park discounts but never really checked into them and know nothing about them - have you thought of writing our Chamber of commerce and asking them for I do know they will be more than happy to help you and also mention you got their information off of this board

you can drop Michelle a note and I know she will be able to answer any/all of your questions and also just maybe someone here will give you more info.

mlamb@cocoabeachchamber.com

BTW have you looked into visiting our local Brevard Zoo - I had never been, tried it and was really quite impressed and maybe doing this won't kinda of stress you out with just one day at the theme park - we also have Cocoa Village which is a neat place to walk around and then of course how can we forget about the Dinosaur Store here in Cocoa Beach - just thoughts ok - I will see what I can find out and get back to you but don't know if it will be this week or not -

Meanwhile have a smily day - we all need them :-))

This thread has become so popular and so informative that I would like to ask a big favor.

The Cruise Critic staff and members have made it possible for this thread to continue so want to ask you to take the time and look over their offers of advertisments and use the folks for your needs that pay to advertise on their boards - nope they did not ask me to do this and in fact may remove this but I feel it is fair since they do make it possible for so many to get so much information and it is a win win situation.

Anyhow just my own thoughts and my own opinion - but it is a nice idea ;-)

How far is Cocoa Village from the Country Inn & Suites or the Radisson?

I'm still torn between these 2 hotels. Can anyone suggest why I should choose one over the other. We are 2 adults cruising in Feb. probably staying 2 nights pre cruise.

How far is Cocoa Village from the Country Inn & Suites or the Radisson?

I'm still torn between these 2 hotels. Can anyone suggest why I should choose one over the other. We are 2 adults cruising in Feb. probably staying 2 nights pre cruise.

Hello Joann,

Both are nice and both have great GM's that do their best to make sure your stay is what you want it to be - The Radisson has more to offer as far as the pool, the bar, service but the choice is always yours - I am sure that someone will give you their own thoughts on their stay there or you can go to post #295 and email both the GM's and ask them exatly what they offer - just a thought

Cocoa Village is such a neat place to wander around in and if you go to Mango's or the Green apple and tell them you are off this board, they do give you a discount

If you will go to post #295 again and scroll all the way to the bottom, you will find a lot more of information on Cocoa Village and they even have an email address that you can write if you don't see something and want more info.

OH I forgot CV is about 8 or so miles away

Hope that will help some

Edited by snelsonbrown