The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Out of these two nail shops.......which would you recommend? Diva Nails or Hollywood Nails? Also if staying at International Palms how much approximately would a taxi be from the hotel to Wal Mart or could one take a bus? Thanks.

Hey Schooner Bar Girl....How the heck are ya?? What ship is next for you??

Out of these two nail shops.......which would you recommend? Diva Nails or Hollywood Nails? Also if staying at International Palms how much approximately would a taxi be from the hotel to Wal Mart or could one take a bus? Thanks.

Hello Schooner Bar Girl - I use both and both are great for they both have very clean shops and working areas, good products, good choices of colors and other services - Hollywood is the closest to International Palms so I would go there and also tell them you are off this board - you know there is the cutest dress shop right North of them, maybe one or two store down that carries some of the cutest crusing clothes - don't remember the name, just know I have been in there and really like their clothes - anyhow a taxi from the IP to Walmart is going to cost you a bit and the trolley bus only runs North and South on A1A. I don't even know what to suggest. I understand we now have a new cab company here - I will check tomorrow and see if they have a flat rate or is it like all the others - I had to take one from my car repair shop in Merritt Island and to go about 5 miles, cost about $12.00 plus so I am saying maybe no more than $30.00 round trip. That is just a guess now

Anyhow if I hear something, will let you know but at least you have something here to think about.

Good luck :-))

Thank you Shirley, you're a godsend!

Nope not so, but it is important to make an attempt to help those that need it - there is enough foolishness in this world and if I can help at least one person feel comfortable, then I am satisfied.

did you find the information you needed or could use??

I know Lori at Black Dog Artistry has a lot of information on CV and I did have her email address but must of somehow deleted it by mistake, but if you do run into her there at Cocoa Village just tell her you are off this board and I suggested you speak to her about what are the most interesting points there - she is a great gal and will sure be more than happy to help a visitor

Edited by snelsonbrown

Nope not so, but it is important to make an attempt to help those that need it - there is enough foolishness in this world and if I can help at least one person feel comfortable, then I am satisfied.

did you find the information you needed or could use??

I know Lori at Black Dog Artistry has a lot of information on CV and I did have her email address but must of somehow deleted it by mistake, but if you do run into her there at Cocoa Village just tell her you are off this board and I suggested you speak to her about what are the most interesting points there - she is a great gal and will sure be more than happy to help a visitor

I haven't had much time to read through, but hopefully I will over the weekend...work tends to get in the way of fun :( LOL CV sounds like just the kind of place we like to walk around and enjoy. Thanks again!

Shirley, I just learned that there are (2) Cocoa Beach Shuttle companies. At least I believe so....one is Cocoa Beach Shuttle and the other is Cocoa Beach Taxi & Shuttle. Different web sites, different phone numbers, etc. Rates appear to be the same though. I know that the link on this site is for Cocoa Beach Taxi & Shuttle and that is the one I am using in November.

CB Shuttle has been getting some negative reviews/comments and I wonder which one people are referring to (??):confused:

Here is a new adventure that is going to be great for both adults and kids - the best thing it is FREE - it is located EXACTLY one and 1/2 miles NORTHEAST of where you turn to go to the cruise ships - It is thisclose to the Air Force Base -

CAPE CANAVERAL — A new museum devoted to preserving the history of the nation's space program will open this week just outside the gates of Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

The U.S. Air Force Space & Missile History Center is in the auditorium of the old Space Florida building next to Gate 1, also known as the South Gate, at the air base.

An offshoot of the Air Force Space & Missile Museum, which is located in a secure area of the base, the new museum will be free and open to the public six days a week.

On display at the museum: an exhibit that tells the story of each launch pad at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, which was established in 1949 as the nation's Joint Long Range Proving Ground.

"It's a start. It's a foothold outside the gate," said Jim Banke, secretary of the board of directors at the Air Force Space & Missile Museum Foundation. "It's a way to tell the story of the Cape."

The foundation operates a museum located at Complex 26, the launch site for Explorer 1, America's first orbiting satellite and the nation's response to the Russian launch of Sputnik. Nearby is Complex 5/6, the site where Alan Shepard blasted off on a Mercury-Redstone rocket and became the first American to fly in space.

The on-base museum is open to the public through a bus tour at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex or a monthly Air Force tour that requires reservations. Banke said the new museum aims to serve a broader portion of the public.

"This has the potential to be a major tourist attraction," Banke said.

An invitation-only dedication ceremony will be from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. today Friday. The museum will open to the general public Saturday.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Check out Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral. You might have to call. I can not get it as an option when trying to book. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. There was also a hide a bed. The living area seperates the two bedrooms.

I've booked a two bedroom suite for November, I understand there are 2 bathrooms. can you tell me, are the batrooms off the bedrooms or is there at least one bathroom off the living area.

I ask because last time we had a one bedroom suite and to get to the batromm you had to go through the bedroom.

Shirley, I just learned that there are (2) Cocoa Beach Shuttle companies. At least I believe so....one is Cocoa Beach Shuttle and the other is Cocoa Beach Taxi & Shuttle. Different web sites, different phone numbers, etc. Rates appear to be the same though. I know that the link on this site is for Cocoa Beach Taxi & Shuttle and that is the one I am using in November.

CB Shuttle has been getting some negative reviews/comments and I wonder which one people are referring to (??):confused:

Hello there Cruskitten,

It use to be Cocoa Beach Taxi and Beachline Shuttle, but what Steve did was combine both of them and dropped Beachline Shuttle - you have the correct one

Cocoa Beach Shuttle is another company and the one that has been getting some negative comments. Don't know what happened since at one time they were number 1.

No further comments

As for the one you mentioned that is the one that is on post #295

Take care and please come back and post with the experience ok>

thanks a bunch

Edited by snelsonbrown

I've booked a two bedroom suite for November, I understand there are 2 bathrooms. can you tell me, are the batrooms off the bedrooms or is there at least one bathroom off the living area.

I ask because last time we had a one bedroom suite and to get to the batromm you had to go through the bedroom.

Yes, there are two bathrooms. Both bathrooms are off the bedrooms. In both cases, you enter the bedroom first, than into the bathroom.

I would like to share something with you and even though it is very sad, I feel you each should know that we do care about our visitors - I received a note from Michael from VIPLIMO to share something with me and I had to share some tears over it. He received a call yesterday from a couple who were out on their cruise and received notice their son had been killed - they were away from phones, on the ship's private island but someone off the ship was able to contact him to please help this couple get to MCO - he went to pick them up at 5:30 this morning and drove them to the airport - there had been 3 couples (best friends) that were getting away for a little while of relaxing when the word came in about the accident - Michael did everything within his means to make them as comfortable as he could although he knew that was impossible - Anyhow this is what I mean when I say, we do try to make every effort to make sure you come into a safe zone and we do care. My heart aches for this family and pray that they will find peace and comfort as they go through what they have to face.

Anyhow just wanted to share - that is all

Blessings always and remember we are here if you need us

that is heart-breaking Shirley but also sounds like Mike is a very caring and compassionate man, seems like all you GOOD people of Port Canaveral are!

if only all the Departure Ports were as Friendly and Caring about their "visitors" as you all seem to be and ARE;)

Hi Shirley:

I need to attend a Weight Watcher's meeting on the 1st and I will be staying at the Radisson. Do you know how far the meeting place is from the hotel? I believe it's at Victoria SQ Merritt Island - Cocoa Beach. Is this near Merritt Square Mall?

Thanks a bunch!

Oh my gosh, how heartbreaking. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I pray for God to give them the strength they need. Prayers and Blessings to them and their family.

Michael sounds like an amazing man. Bless him for his compassion.

Hi Shirley:

I need to attend a Weight Watcher's meeting on the 1st and I will be staying at the Radisson. Do you know how far the meeting place is from the hotel? I believe it's at Victoria SQ Merritt Island - Cocoa Beach. Is this near Merritt Square Mall?

Thanks a bunch!

Good morning Diggie,

Will check in the morning and get back to you ok?

that is heart-breaking Shirley but also sounds like Mike is a very caring and compassionate man, seems like all you GOOD people of Port Canaveral are!

if only all the Departure Ports were as Friendly and Caring about their "visitors" as you all seem to be and ARE;)

Good morning Star,

You know I have found most everyone I deal with here with a lot of heart for their guest and vistors.

Michael's note was full of hurt for this family - I can only imagine being out on a cruise, having a great time with friends and then a message comes through that changes life forever. Michael said he started waiting for them very early in the morning for them. I know I had to help a family with almost the same pain and it was very difficult, but that is why we are here - the world is messed up enough and folks need to know we will help when we can - hey the golden rule.

I really wish that someone would take the time to do a thread such as this one as to where folks could go, visit etc so that folks can go one place and find all the information they need plus everything else needed to made feel safe. It is very hard to keep up with everything, but my work makes it possible for me to see all that I do.

Anyhow take care and have a great Sunday -

Thank you Shirley!

Hello Diggie,

Listen Victoria Square is close to the exit going toward the port on highway 528 AKA AS BEACHLINE

They are located in Merritt Island and is about 3 or so miles EAST of the port.

Here is the information you will need and you can even email them if you need to.

Glad to help or at least hope that this will help.

PS State road #3 is also known as North Courtenay Parkway - you turn at the turnoff and head South and it is on your right hand side - it is a small shopping area ok?

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/mtf/pricingWrapper.aspx?locationid=1099500

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hi Shirley:

Thanks a bunch!

OK I entered the information as if you were coming from Orlando - from the Radisson, turn left and head West on the Beachline- go to the second turn off which gives you options to go to the Space Center or LEFT to go to Target, Churches etc - You want to take a left turn heading SOUTH and go maybe less than a mile and you will find it on your right side - you can not miss it

You can also take Radisson's address and map quest it OR ask Joe P, the GM at the Radisson for help and he will be more than happy to give you a hand - remember you won't get lost -

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hello everyone,

I started a thread with some questions regarding Port Canaveral, an was referred to this site for more info.

I love all the hotel, eatery and transportation info in the beginning. It is a bit older now, so I am hoping you folks can bring me up to speed.

We will be down in March during spring break. Our daughters, ages 22 and 18, will be with us. We are flying in to Orlando, and really aren't overly keen on renting a car.

We will arrive Saturday, and wish to go to our hotel (still figuring out which, but leaning towards Residence Inn by Marriott). On Saturday, we hope to relax and enjoy the hotel. Sunday, we want to go to Kennedy Space Center. Monday, it's off to the pier for our cruise!

Here are some questions:

1) Just how much will a taxi from the airport to Cape Canaveral set us back?

2) How much will it cost to get to and from Kennedy Space Center?

3) Some of the hotels offer shuttles to the pier, I believe. I will email Residence Inn to see if they do. Is it cheaper to take a taxi to the pier?

4) Our travel agent says transfers from the pier to the airport and the end of the cruise are available, at $37.00 per person. Does this sound reasonable?

I have taken two previous cruises out of Bayonne, New Jersey, and we drove down and parked. I have not flown anywhere in years, so all of the transportation questions have me wondering if I will go broke just trying to get from place to place.

I really wish that someone would take the time to do a thread such as this one as to where folks could go, visit etc so that folks can go one place and find all the information they need plus everything else needed to made feel safe. It is very hard to keep up with everything, but my work makes it possible for me to see all that I do.

-

we are all very APPRECIATIVE and it would be WONDERFUL if all the Boards had something like that!!!

have a GOOD one~~

i had inquired about price (first time i did i didnt mention CC) so i emailed again and did mention CC and the price was $28.50pp each way--same price i was sent the first time....

i am trying to talk hubby to going with VIP....and maybe we can get a quicker ride to the Radisson and start ENJOYING PC as soon as we can:)

Hello everyone,

I started a thread with some questions regarding Port Canaveral, an was referred to this site for more info.

I love all the hotel, eatery and transportation info in the beginning. It is a bit older now, so I am hoping you folks can bring me up to speed.

We will be down in March during spring break. Our daughters, ages 22 and 18, will be with us. We are flying in to Orlando, and really aren't overly keen on renting a car.

We will arrive Saturday, and wish to go to our hotel (still figuring out which, but leaning towards Residence Inn by Marriott). On Saturday, we hope to relax and enjoy the hotel. Sunday, we want to go to Kennedy Space Center. Monday, it's off to the pier for our cruise!

Here are some questions:

1) Just how much will a taxi from the airport to Cape Canaveral set us back?

2) How much will it cost to get to and from Kennedy Space Center?

3) Some of the hotels offer shuttles to the pier, I believe. I will email Residence Inn to see if they do. Is it cheaper to take a taxi to the pier?

4) Our travel agent says transfers from the pier to the airport and the end of the cruise are available, at $37.00 per person. Does this sound reasonable?

I have taken two previous cruises out of Bayonne, New Jersey, and we drove down and parked. I have not flown anywhere in years, so all of the transportation questions have me wondering if I will go broke just trying to get from place to place.

Hello Laurie

OK one question at the time - post #295 is more updated and I have another almost readyto go with updates but since CC does not allow any editing, I have to do updates about every few months

1) Cab/Taxi to the airport would cost over $100.00 plus

2) to go to KSC it runs about $25.00 on up

3) lot of folks take taxi to the port, but it seems everyone has a different price

4) the different cruise lines do have transportation to the airport

5) Go to post #295 and also drop Michael a email who owns VIPLIMO and ask him all the questions you asked here and what he can do for you - viplimo@screenstar.com

You can also call Travelynx who has a great reputation and see what they tell you OR

you can ask for Sarah at the Residence Inn and she will be more than happy to help you in any way she can or drop her a note - her email address is on the latest post.

I know I did not answer too clearly on your questions, but I know someone will pop in and give better answers

Good luck :-)

we are all very APPRECIATIVE and it would be WONDERFUL if all the Boards had something like that!!!

have a GOOD one~~

Hello Star,

Wouldn't it be great if each had a thread for Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa and Jacksonville - then folks wouldn't feel so fusterated or confused - Maybe someone will start one - the leg work is very hard in the beginning, but once it is put together, it only has to be update 2 or 3 times a year - lets see what happens.

Hope your day is going great

Hello Laurie

OK one question at the time - post #295 is more updated and I have another almost readyto go with updates but since CC does not allow any editing, I have to do updates about every few months

1) Cab/Taxi to the airport would cost over $100.00 plus

2) to go to KSC it runs about $25.00 on up

3) lot of folks take taxi to the port, but it seems everyone has a different price

4) the different cruise lines do have transportation to the airport

5) Go to post #295 and also drop Michael a email who owns VIPLIMO and ask him all the questions you asked here and what he can do for you - viplimo@screenstar.com

You can also call Travelynx who has a great reputation and see what they tell you OR

you can ask for Sarah at the Residence Inn and she will be more than happy to help you in any way she can or drop her a note - her email address is on the latest post.

I know I did not answer too clearly on your questions, but I know someone will pop in and give better answers

Good luck :-)

Your info is wonderful, thank you. It is making me think again about the idea of renting a car. We just wanted to keep things simple, you know? I'm just seeing that it may cost us easily a good $250.00 for transportation between getting to the hotel, getting back to the airport and a few things in between. I will definitely follow up with the people you've suggested.

Thank you Shirley and this must be a first someone going to a Weight Watchers meeting while being on vacation? LOL

I figure if I weigh in on the 1st I have until 10/31/10 to get rid of the cruise weight I always gain.

Thanks again!

:)