The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

I reserved a rental car at Avis PC for May on their website. I found a better price elsewhere, so I cancelled this booking and was charged $10.00 for doing so:confused:.

Is this normal policy? I thought, but may be wrong, that I read to book what you feel is a good price and just cancel if you find something better????

So what was originally $15.00 less than Avis, is now only $5.00 since I was charged:mad:.

Please let me know your thoughts unless there is some fine print somewhere that states there is a cancellation fee that I did not see.:rolleyes:

Many thanks

I reserved a rental car at Avis PC for May on their website. I found a better price elsewhere, so I cancelled this booking and was charged $10.00 for doing so:confused:.

Is this normal policy? I thought, but may be wrong, that I read to book what you feel is a good price and just cancel if you find something better????

So what was originally $15.00 less than Avis, is now only $5.00 since I was charged:mad:.

Please let me know your thoughts unless there is some fine print somewhere that states there is a cancellation fee that I did not see.:rolleyes:

Many thanks

I just saw this...... I was not aware of this, so F.Y.I. to others...

YOUR PREPAID RESERVATION IS CANCELLED

Your reservation has been cancelled. The prepaid rental amount (minus a 10.00 USD) will be refunded to your credit card within 3-7 business days. Please consider Avis for any of your future rental car needs.

I just saw this...... I was not aware of this, so F.Y.I. to others...

YOUR PREPAID RESERVATION IS CANCELLED

Your reservation has been cancelled. The prepaid rental amount (minus a 10.00 USD) will be refunded to your credit card within 3-7 business days. Please consider Avis for any of your future rental car needs.

I think you get a special rate for a prepaid rental and that may have been the reason. A regular reservation carries no cancellation penalty. I expect the rental companies to follow airlines and hotels. Pay at tim of reservation!

In January of 2011:

For picking up a car at Orlando Airport (MCO) and dropping it off at Cape Canaveral, Dollar had the best price, a good daily rate and only a $17 drop off fee. Since I was using the car for three days between MCO and the cruise ship, I could apportion the $17 fee over the three days of usage.

However, for picking a car up at Cape Canaveral and dropping it off at Orlando Airport (MCO), Dollar was charging a $40 drop off fee. The best price was available from Avis. Avis charged no drop-off fee, but a higher daily rate than Dollar. When one looked at the total cost, of Avis, Dollar and the other companies, Avis was the best deal.

Since part of all of this is having the best rental car discount code, your experience may vary.

The Avis shuttle was slow in arriving at the ship on disembarkation day. The Budget shuttle driver agreed to drop me off at the Avis location. The Avis counter crew in Cape Canaveral was especially courteous and helpful.

Sure has been cold here for a couple of days but will be warmer for the weekend, I hope!

What do you mean cold? It has been freezing - going to work with that high wind did not make me a happy camper, but at least we were spared what our friends up North, out West, up The East coast etc were dealt with and also those caught at the airport - BUT Spring is just around the corner and we will have warmth again :) ------have a great weekend and it looks like its going to be a nice one :)

Hello all,

We were on the Christmas week cruise on the NCL Gem. For our Port Canaveral stop we decided to go to the Kennedy Space Center. We are a family of 4 with DS6 and DD3. We were also traveling with my wife's parents, two aunts and an uncle, 9 in total.

On the recommendation of this thread we booked Mike at VIP limos. He was FANTASTIC. Nicest guy to work with and even showed up with a 10 passenger stretch Lincoln, what a treat. He supplied us with car seats and his price was very reasonable for the pick up and return.

I can not put into words how great our experience was with him.

Hello all,

We were on the Christmas week cruise on the NCL Gem. For our Port Canaveral stop we decided to go to the Kennedy Space Center. We are a family of 4 with DS6 and DD3. We were also traveling with my wife's parents, two aunts and an uncle, 9 in total.

On the recommendation of this thread we booked Mike at VIP limos. He was FANTASTIC. Nicest guy to work with and even showed up with a 10 passenger stretch Lincoln, what a treat. He supplied us with car seats and his price was very reasonable for the pick up and return.

Glad you had a good time!

Hello all,

Glad it was good - he is a pretty interesting young man and knows this area real well.

Hello Ms. Shirley

I have a question for you. I'm looking for a good seafood restaurant that is not a tourist trap. A place where you would go and eat fresh seafood. It doesn't have to be fancy but a place that perhaps the locals eat. Thank you in advance.

I am not Shirley but will tell you the 4 places in the port are a good choice. I think most prefer Grills for fresh seafood.

Shirley...Radisson at the Port was FABULOUS!!!..The property is beautiful..the pools sparkle...and the Koi pools are gorgeous as well. Joe P and his staff are great as well. They just couldn't do enough to make certain our stay was a great experience.

The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable...we did have breakfast and the food was very good and the wait staff friendly.

They do have a seafood buffet every Saturday night..look yummy but we had eaten a late lunch at Thai Thai and were still full dinner time.

The food at Thai Thai was outstanding...great recommendation.

VIP limo...class act. We were picked up at the airport right on time and delivered safely to our hotel. Return was great as well..once we were through customs we called and were picked up and transported back to the airport.

Thanks for your great advice and recommendations...!!!

How do I get to Avis after the cruise.. When I called they told me that they dont run a shuttle and I would have to walk there.. is this correct ???

WHAAAAAAAAAT??? This is a joke right? No pickwick I really believed you called a wrong number and someone was playing a joke with you - you call Avis (if you will click on the link just above my name, you will have their direct phone number) and they will arrange your reservations AND will make sure that their shuttle will get you to the right ship. EVEN if you had the strenght to walk to the port, you most likely would have many scary encounters with our heavy traffic, places to walk through, over etc - you came to the right place when you stopped by this thread - good choice :) we take care of our visitors very well

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hello Ms. Shirley

I have a question for you. I'm looking for a good seafood restaurant that is not a tourist trap. A place where you would go and eat fresh seafood. It doesn't have to be fancy but a place that perhaps the locals eat. Thank you in advance.

The one Norm and I like is Florida Seafood which is on Highway 520 (Cocoa Beach Highway) but Rusty's is still number one for us -Preston is right on it with his suggestions and many of the locals go to these places and if you like blue crabs, there is no other place but The old Crab shack located at White Rose Shopping center also on hway 520.

Anyhow hope whichever place you choose, it will be very enjoyable - make sure whereever you go, to tell them you are off this board for most of the time, you will be given an extra treat for doing so.

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley...Radisson at the Port was FABULOUS!!!..The property is beautiful..the pools sparkle...and the Koi pools are gorgeous as well. Joe P and his staff are great as well. They just couldn't do enough to make certain our stay was a great experience.

The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable...we did have breakfast and the food was very good and the wait staff friendly.

They do have a seafood buffet every Saturday night..look yummy but we had eaten a late lunch at Thai Thai and were still full dinner time.

The food at Thai Thai was outstanding...great recommendation.

VIP limo...class act. We were picked up at the airport right on time and delivered safely to our hotel. Return was great as well..once we were through customs we called and were picked up and transported back to the airport.

Thanks for your great advice and recommendations...!!!

Hey there Bakincakes - I am so glad that you stopped back and let us know how your time with us went and that the service here was good also. Remember to keep coming back to the board so that you can help others that may need help.

Again glad all went well and sorry to see your time here over for now.

Blessing for the new year :)

No problem Shirley...Joe P and Robert did everything they could to make our stay a great one and they succeeded.

They have a beautiful property..there was a wedding being held the day we arrived..I figured that would impact our stay...not at all. If I hadn't walked past the convention center I wouldn't have known there was a wedding there at all. No noise and the large property easily accomodated hotel guests as well as the wedding guests.

The foyer is gorgeous...nice sitting areas...I walked the property and it is well lit and I felt very safe there. Every staff member was courteous and helpful. Robert is a scream and very professional. He asked us several times if everything was to our satisfaction. He is a very "customer service" oriented person.

There were a lot of "cruisers" staying there...the day we arrived, Saturday, the shuttle was taking Disney and Carnival pax to the port. The whole procedure seemed to be very well set up and it went smoothly from what we could tell.

VIP...very professional as well...we were supposed to be picked up in a sedan at the airport but that car was being used..so they picked us up in a stretch limo!!! Very nice ride indeed. They really bend over backwards to make certain that their customers are taken care of. They are very friendly and professionals. We could highly recommend them!!

Thai Thai is a busy little place. The sushi is wonderful and their other dishes are as well. They have an extensive menu and they were very busy lunch time. Alot of locals go there as well as Radisson guests...

No problem Shirley...Joe P and Robert did everything they could to make our stay a great one and they succeeded.

They have a beautiful property..there was a wedding being held the day we arrived..I figured that would impact our stay...not at all. If I hadn't walked past the convention center I wouldn't have known there was a wedding there at all. No noise and the large property easily accomodated hotel guests as well as the wedding guests.

The foyer is gorgeous...nice sitting areas...I walked the property and it is well lit and I felt very safe there. Every staff member was courteous and helpful. Robert is a scream and very professional. He asked us several times if everything was to our satisfaction. He is a very "customer service" oriented person.

There were a lot of "cruisers" staying there...the day we arrived, Saturday, the shuttle was taking Disney and Carnival pax to the port. The whole procedure seemed to be very well set up and it went smoothly from what we could tell.

VIP...very professional as well...we were supposed to be picked up in a sedan at the airport but that car was being used..so they picked us up in a stretch limo!!! Very nice ride indeed. They really bend over backwards to make certain that their customers are taken care of. They are very friendly and professionals. We could highly recommend them!!

Thai Thai is a busy little place. The sushi is wonderful and their other dishes are as well. They have an extensive menu and they were very busy lunch time. Alot of locals go there as well as Radisson guests...

Hello my friend,

I am so glad all went well for you - Thai Thai is nice, but Norm and I found that Siam Orchid in Cocoa Beach is not only less expensive, but their menu is even more extensive and I have found that the staff are more attentive and more of the locals go there - we changed for a number of reasons, but the main one was the lenght that the staff go to make you feel so welcomed and they will give you an extra treat if you mention the CC board. Joe and Robert are so great at their job and love and care about their visitors.

Joe has always been special to me since he is the one that came and helped in 2004 with all the cruisers I had here that needed to get to a safe zone before Frances hit - Joe really showed what he will do when in need.

Thanks and don't forget to come back to see us even if its not a cruise :)

I'm planning on visiting the Brevard Zoo and I'm down there in March for my cruise. Since I'm staying at the Country Inn & Suites, I need to how far is it and I will be taking the trolley to go over there. Can someone give me the info on which trolley to take....

I'm planning on visiting the Brevard Zoo and I'm down there in March for my cruise. Since I'm staying at the Country Inn & Suites, I need to how far is it and I will be taking the trolley to go over there. Can someone give me the info on which trolley to take....

It is a long way away and may take forever by trolley and bus. Maybe you should call them.

http://www.ridescat.com/

It is the local bus and trolley company.

Renting the car is the only cheap option. It is an easy drive.

Then I guess, we won't visit the zoo since I didn't want to drive in the area....do you know how much would a cab cost to go there???? sorry too many questions!!!!

Then I guess, we won't visit the zoo since I didn't want to drive in the area....do you know how much would a cab cost to go there???? sorry too many questions!!!!

Not a problem. My guess is $40-50 each way. This area is not like Orlando. It is much easier to drive in.