The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

[quote name='mncyclist']Shirley & Preston:

Fabulous information on this thread! Thank you so much.

Does anyone have an update on what will be open in Cocoa Beach on December 25, particularly for dinner? We're an extended family of 13 arriving from various points on December 25, prior to our December 26 departure on Freedom of the Seas.

So far, I have determined that Publix is definitely closed and Ron Jon Surf Shop is definitely open (it's open 24/7/365, believe it or not).

I'm acting as the family travel planner, so I'd like to find a place for dinner in walking distance from the Best Western Cocoa Beach.

Only 18 days now!

Charles[/QUOTE]

Hello Charles = the only place that I know of this time is Zackery's which is right next door to the Radisson and Sunrise Restaurant on Hwy 520 aka Cocoa Beach Highway - it was the same with Thanksgiving - if anything changes, will let everyone know - sorry I don't have better info for you - most of the larger hotels have restaurants and I feel that they will be open - again will post if I find out anything different

[quote name='snelsonbrown']Hello Charles = the only place that I know of this time is Zackery's which is right next door to the Radisson and Sunrise Restaurant on Hwy 520 aka Cocoa Beach Highway - it was the same with Thanksgiving - if anything changes, will let everyone know - sorry I don't have better info for you - most of the larger hotels have restaurants and I feel that they will be open - again will post if I find out anything different[/quote]

Shirley I wonder if anything on the Pier might be open or Tokyo next to Dunkin Donuts.

[quote name='snelsonbrown']Hello Charles = the only place that I know of this time is Zackery's which is right next door to the Radisson and Sunrise Restaurant on Hwy 520 aka Cocoa Beach Highway - it was the same with Thanksgiving - if anything changes, will let everyone know - sorry I don't have better info for you - most of the larger hotels have restaurants and I feel that they will be open - again will post if I find out anything different[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Shirley! I've now made a few calls and learned that the restaurant inside the Best Western is closed on Dec 25, but I tried Atlantic Ocean Grille on the Cocoa Beach Pier and they said they are open and recommend reservations. Apparently all of the restaurants on the pier are are closed on Christmas Eve, but open Dec 25, only until 7PM.

So now we've got a reservation for 13! Hopefully, we made a good choice, but I'm not sure if we have many other options.

Charles

[quote name='mncyclist']Thanks, Shirley! I've now made a few calls and learned that the restaurant inside the Best Western is closed on Dec 25, but I tried Atlantic Ocean Grille on the Cocoa Beach Pier and they said they are open and recommend reservations. Apparently all of the restaurants on the pier are are closed on Christmas Eve, but open Dec 25, only until 7PM.

So now we've got a reservation for 13! Hopefully, we made a good choice, but I'm not sure if we have many other options.

Charles[/QUOTE]

Atlantic Ocean Grille is pretty neat - you sit right over the ocean - when it is warm, you can be a people watcher - one of the things you might consider is check out our local paper Florida Today or check this link at the bottom so daily and you can learn more. Good Luck and have a safe and warm Holiday with us - IF THE WEATHER CONINUES THE WAY IT IS GOING,
PLEASE BE PREPARED - we had a HUGE fish kill yesterday - over hundreds of fish were floating on top of the river when I got home from work - I felt so horrible for those few struggling, tried to save them to no avail so now we have dead fish floating everywhere.

We have a hard cold simply because the wind off the ocean is makes it even colder - next week will be just as bad so again come prepared

[url]http://www.visitcocoabeach.com/[/url]

Originally Posted by [B]ParRoo[/B] [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=26862225#post26862225"][IMG]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG][/URL]
[I]Our cruise leaves Jan 1. We fly into Melbourne on the 30th. Have a rental car. Where would be a good place to ring in the New Year? Any clubs or large parties? We love to go dancing. Ages are 38 and 48.[/I]
[I] [/I]
[I][quote name='psbcap']Where are you staying?[/quote]

We will be at Country Inn and Suites, and we have a car.
[/I]

just returned from our cruise out of Port Canaveral...enjoyed very much our visit ...our stay at the Radisson, (we even managed to get on the first shuttle out in the morning to the port despite being told it was all booked up months ago-maybe cancelations or something, so be sure to check that out when you check in) our shuttle service from Beachline despite some communication probs-very minor also our dinner at Grills...we look forward to returning someday to PC for another cruise and maybe stay a day longer!

[quote name='royalcruz']We are driving to the port from A1A/Cocoa Beach to meet the NCL Gem. I can't seem to find directions from A1A. As we drive north on A1A are there big signs? What should we look for? Where should we turn? Thanks.[/quote]

A1A will curve to the West and a minute or so after you pass McDonalds you will start on the Beachline. It is the beginning of a highway. Go over one hill and you will see the ships on your right. Then follow the signs. Don't over think it. Its easy!

[quote name='royalcruz']We are driving to the port from A1A/Cocoa Beach to meet the NCL Gem. I can't seem to find directions from A1A. As we drive north on A1A are there big signs? What should we look for? Where should we turn? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The roads are very well marked. You should have no problems, just follow the signs to the port! Good luck. It really is one of the easiest ports to drive in to.

[quote name='kiraryker']Has anyone used rentalcarmomma to book? It is cheaper but I just want to make sure I have my car reserved?

Thanks[/quote]

Kiraryker, I have used this company 6 - 7 times to book my car rental over the past 4 years in various USA cities. You will not have any problems and yes you will save money along the way. I do recommended them to everyone who is looking for transportation.

The name is catchy, all the best with your rental.

Hi,

Needs some advice....

We're doing a B2B, First on NCL Sun when we debark we'll be changing ships to CCL Dream, same day.

How would we do this?? Are they near by? Do we taxi over?

Thanks!!

Mike

I would walk its pretty close. You probably could taxi as well.

Shirley and Preston, thanks to this very informative thread and your listings of the contacts for the hotels in your area I was able to e-mail Linda from the Best Western. I cannot speak too highly of this wonderful lady who went out of her way to ensure that my booking was correct she truly is a credit to the company and we look forward to our stay later in the year.

Shirley and Preston, thanks to this very informative thread and your listings of the contacts for the hotels in your area I was able to e-mail Linda from the Best Western. I cannot speak too highly of this wonderful lady who went out of her way to ensure that my booking was correct she truly is a credit to the company and we look forward to our stay later in the year.

Glad we could help!

Hello everybody,

First I want to take the time to wish each and all one of the most blessed holiday of the season and that the new year will bring each and all a time of more blessing, peace and love. It has been a sincere pleasure visiting with each of you throughout the year and so glad we all were here to help when we could.

Norm and I had the opportunity to go cruising on the Disney Wonder on December 12th - what an experience since we had never cruised on DCL - the weather wasn't exactly the best, but the ship held us all steady and entertained - there was so much to see so much to do that we didn't know where to start first - the entertainers were beyond awesome - the young men and women of all cultures were so interesting to speak to - I was fascinated speaking to them about their country - many places I had always wanted to see and I was able to see it through their eyes - Nassau, I was disappointed in for I felt very pressured by the vendors and more that I went to a park to find a number of throw away animals which touched my heart - I made a purchase at the Del Sol right on Bay Street and when I got home, found they had made extra charges to my credit card which I am trying to get straighten out.

Anyhow we are back and came back with so much knowledge about a lot of things.

Thanks Preston for me leaving you as I did, but I am back again.

SUPER BLESSINGS TO ALL

Always

Shirley

Hello everybody,

First I want to take the time to wish each and all one of the most blessed holiday of the season and that the new year will bring each and all a time of more blessing, peace and love. It has been a sincere pleasure visiting with each of you throughout the year and so glad we all were here to help when we could.

Norm and I had the opportunity to go cruising on the Disney Wonder on December 12th - what an experience since we had never cruised on DCL - the weather wasn't exactly the best, but the ship held us all steady and entertained - there was so much to see so much to do that we didn't know where to start first - the entertainers were beyond awesome - the young men and women of all cultures were so interesting to speak to - I was fascinated speaking to them about their country - many places I had always wanted to see and I was able to see it through their eyes - Nassau, I was disappointed in for I felt very pressured by the vendors and more that I went to a park to find a number of throw away animals which touched my heart - I made a purchase at the Del Sol right on Bay Street and when I got home, found they had made extra charges to my credit card which I am trying to get straighten out.

Anyhow we are back and came back with so much knowledge about a lot of things.

Thanks Preston for me leaving you as I did, but I am back again.

SUPER BLESSINGS TO ALL

Always

Shirley

Shirley I am glad you had fun. Happy holidays to you and yours as well. I am off to Cancun tomorrow for a little time away.

Happy holidays to all!

Edited by psbcap

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I have a question? What dock does the Freedom port at? If we stay at the Radison, can I drop off the family and luggage and walk to the ship from the hotel?? It's no big deal. If not, I'll just take a cab or shuttle!

Thanks!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I have a question? What dock does the Freedom port at? If we stay at the Radison, can I drop off the family and luggage and walk to the ship from the hotel?? It's no big deal. If not, I'll just take a cab or shuttle!

Thanks!

Sorry you cannot. It is not that far but the highway prevents it. Let the Radisson shuttle take you all over. If you attempt to drive in you may encounter traffic.