The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We will be arriving in Port Canaveral on Thanksgiving day to leave out on the Dream on Saturday. Will any resturants be open that day?

Where would be the best place to maybe get in some black friday shopping? We will be driving down so we'll have a car. We're staying at Country Inn and Suites at the port.

thanks for all the great information.

Patty

Patty there is a mall on Merritt Island. Easy to find.

This totally off any subjects but if anyone is interested in getting our local newspaper which is the Florida Today on the coverage of our last shuttle launches, you can call them at 1-877-424-0156 and ask for details - I have always collected the newspaper of all the launches and my kids are still enjoying them after all these years. Good for the kids for show and tell, history, science or just to keep of the days that were.

this is just a thought

we are 4 ladies cruising out of Port Canaveral in March, 3 of us are flying into Orlando 2 days prior to cruise. We are looking for a one or two bedroom suite type accomodations, and would like a living room area. would like to be on the beach and free parking for the one who is driving up from Ft. Lauderdale. also would like to be close to shopping and the pier. last year we stayed at the Miami airport Wyndham and the bi level suite that was really suited or needs. thanks for any help with this.

we are 4 ladies cruising out of Port Canaveral in March, 3 of us are flying into Orlando 2 days prior to cruise. We are looking for a one or two bedroom suite type accomodations, and would like a living room area. would like to be on the beach and free parking for the one who is driving up from Ft. Lauderdale. also would like to be close to shopping and the pier. last year we stayed at the Miami airport Wyndham and the bi level suite that was really suited or needs. thanks for any help with this.

Shirley I will take care of the 4 ladies ( I am in Heaven) and let you field the question about the room. You know better than I who has what.

This totally off any subjects but if anyone is interested in getting our local newspaper which is the Florida Today on the coverage of our last shuttle launches, you can call them at 1-877-424-0156 and ask for details - I have always collected the newspaper of all the launches and my kids are still enjoying them after all these years. Good for the kids for show and tell, history, science or just to keep of the days that were.

this is just a thought

What a great idea and so nice of you to inform us about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get ahold of Micheal and answer my own question. Here is the price quote in case anyone else needs info.

Jan 9-transportation from Carnival Dream to Melbourne airport.

Town Car for 2 people - $50

Limo price for 2 - $70

We used Michael last April and using him twice in December. He is honest and has great service! In April our flight was late arriving at Ft. Lauderdale. We always fly in the day before our cruise, for that reason, but didn't for this one because our flight arrived so early. I was worried but he was waiting for us! We will always use him for Ft. Lauderdale pickups!

He is picking up our two grandsons, their parents and our daughter and taking them to the Radisson in Cape Canaveral from the Orlando airport on the 18th. and then picking us all up after our cruise on the 26th. He is even going to take us to the Kennedy Space Center or some other place to waste a few hours after the cruise and then take us on to Orlando, with additional fare, of course. We will tip him nicely~!!

Does anyone have any recommendations for a private bus from WDW to PC then to MCO following a cruise? I have a group of 39 that requires this service and there seem to be so many options. Thanks. :)

Hello ChristinaN - boy this one does has me stump - I really do not know - look why don't you click on the information I have above my name, scroll down to the part where I have transportation listed and just email the places I have there - I know that they will help you with which is better way to go and who can offer the best cost so your mind can be at ease ok? I am sure they will answer and its always good to work with someone that have an email regardless of who it is so you can have a detail outline what is offered and also have a paper trail especially with you and your group coming from the other side of the ocean.

Keep us posted for we do care ok?

Edited by snelsonbrown

Our cruise leaves Jan 1. We fly into Melbourne on the 30th. Have a rental car. Where would be a good place to ring in the New Year? Any clubs or large parties? We love to go dancing. Ages are 38 and 48.

Preston is the right person to ask for he knows all those answers - me I am in bed before the new year comes in and couldn't tell ya :)

Can anyone who has stayed at both the Country Inn and Suites & the Residence Inn give me a room size comparision (and any other comparision) of their 2 Queen/1 Sofabed Suites....The CI and S is a little less rate for their park and cruise, and we have stayed at the Residence Inn twice and like it, but want to see if the difference in cost means a smaller suite ?

Thanks

D:D

Can anyone who has stayed at both the Country Inn and Suites & the Residence Inn give me a room size comparision (and any other comparision) of their 2 Queen/1 Sofabed Suites....The CI and S is a little less rate for their park and cruise, and we have stayed at the Residence Inn twice and like it, but want to see if the difference in cost means a smaller suite ?

Thanks

You might try contacting them direct. They will be able to tell you the sq feet.

Thanks

If you will click above my name, scroll down to the hotels, the email addresses for the GM's are there and they will respond to your question as soon as possible

Bud for CI&S and Sarah for RI

Good luck :)

Edited by snelsonbrown

Thank you for all your advice!

We did a reconnaissance mission this weekend to Port Canaveral and our friend's condo where we'll be parking our car. Thank heavens we did this!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not dumb people; really, we're not. But, we somehow made an incorrect exit and spent quite a bit of time getting back on the road we were supposed to be on - we managed to do this not once, but twice! Amidst all this fun, I realized the E-pass red lights were not turning to green as we passed by (thereby, making me scramble into DH's wallet for toll charges - off & on, twice, plus the 'normal' ones) We had closed the credit card the E-pass was linked to because of it being lost and - of course! - forgot to add the new one to the E-pass account so it was shut off.

But, the great news:

1. Called AAATaxi and they seem very pleasant to work with.

2. Have discovered that Port Canaveral is full of nice people. True to our weird abilities, we could not find the street to turn to our friend's condo. We realized as we saw the 'Welcome to Cocoa Beach sign' that we'd made another little traveling boo-boo. Turned around, still lost - stopped at a 7-11 to ask for directions and DH happened to ask a person who turned out to belong to the taxi parked out front. Bless his heart, he said 'just follow me' and had us follow him so he could wave out the window when we were at the street we needed to turn out. Shirley, God Bless your father!!

3. Went for lunch (obviously, a rather late lunch) at Fish Lips - totally enjoyed what we ordered! Great staff.

Thank you, Shirley and Preston, for all your help!

Thank you for all your advice!

We did a reconnaissance mission this weekend to Port Canaveral and our friend's condo where we'll be parking our car. Thank heavens we did this!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not dumb people; really, we're not. But, we somehow made an incorrect exit and spent quite a bit of time getting back on the road we were supposed to be on - we managed to do this not once, but twice! Amidst all this fun, I realized the E-pass red lights were not turning to green as we passed by (thereby, making me scramble into DH's wallet for toll charges - off & on, twice, plus the 'normal' ones) We had closed the credit card the E-pass was linked to because of it being lost and - of course! - forgot to add the new one to the E-pass account so it was shut off.

But, the great news:

1. Called AAATaxi and they seem very pleasant to work with.

2. Have discovered that Port Canaveral is full of nice people. True to our weird abilities, we could not find the street to turn to our friend's condo. We realized as we saw the 'Welcome to Cocoa Beach sign' that we'd made another little traveling boo-boo. Turned around, still lost - stopped at a 7-11 to ask for directions and DH happened to ask a person who turned out to belong to the taxi parked out front. Bless his heart, he said 'just follow me' and had us follow him so he could wave out the window when we were at the street we needed to turn out. Shirley, God Bless your father!!

3. Went for lunch (obviously, a rather late lunch) at Fish Lips - totally enjoyed what we ordered! Great staff.

Thank you, Shirley and Preston, for all your help!

Sounds like a fun day but a little advice. Don't go to Cairo or Bejing!

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know what will be open on December 25 in Cocoa Beach?

We will be a family of 13 on the December 26 Freedom of the Seas sailing. We'll all arrive from various parts of the country by midday on Dec 25 and stay at the Best Western Ocean Beach. Would be nice to know what might be open for dinner, at least, but I wonder if the Publix across the street will even be open?

Thanks!

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know what will be open on December 25 in Cocoa Beach?

We will be a family of 13 on the December 26 Freedom of the Seas sailing. We'll all arrive from various parts of the country by midday on Dec 25 and stay at the Best Western Ocean Beach. Would be nice to know what might be open for dinner, at least, but I wonder if the Publix across the street will even be open?

Thanks!

I dont think Publix will be open. I know this subject comes up each year and I bet Shirley has the answer.