The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Well talk about almost jumping out of my skin, I did a little while ago - sitting at the traffic light when I heard this LOUD and horrific noise - didn't know where it was coming from and all of a sudden this huge faster than light plane flew overhead - it was the Blue Angels practicing for their show - traffic just stopped, folks jumped out of their cars to see the sight and take pictures, but there is no way any pictures could have been taken for they were there and then G-O-N-E - If you are going to be here for the show, believe me they will be sure preforming just for you.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Shirley.....hope you have a great vacation....Preston took good care of us while you were away!!! I will be in your area ONE WEEK from this Saturday.....WHOO HOO!!

Just wanted to add a bit of info regarding the Blue Angels. If anyone is ever in the Pensacola area, check the Blue Angels website and it will give the days they are practicing. You can go over to the Pensacola Naval Air Station.....get in for FREE.....and watch their entire show!! The area where you watch from is right next to the tarmac, so you get to see everything!! There is also an awesome air museum right next door and it is also FREE and on particular days the Blue Angel pilots come there right after the show and sign autographs. Wow they are so cute!!!.....:D

Have a great day everybody!!!!

Hello and thanks for all the valuable information in this thread! We are cruising out of Port Canaveral in January and are arriving in Orlando via Amtrak. Have been researching transportation options from Orlando to Cocoa Beach hotel, and have a reasonable quote from Around The Clock Shuttle. Can anyone give input on previous experience, reliablility, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

Hello and thanks for all the valuable information in this thread! We are cruising out of Port Canaveral in January and are arriving in Orlando via Amtrak. Have been researching transportation options from Orlando to Cocoa Beach hotel, and have a reasonable quote from Around The Clock Shuttle. Can anyone give input on previous experience, reliablility, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

Hello Cindy,

I, myself, have never heard of them, but I am sure someone will post something that will help you

Good luck :)

Wow! This thread is something else. So much useful info here. I have a question, and forgive me if it is on one of the 43 pages and I may have missed it but...we are cruising the Carnival Dream Jan 8. Flying into MCO the day before. We are looking at the Courtyard Mariott Cocoa Beach. I see they have a fly, snooze and cruise package deal. My question is...who as stayed here and is it nice? And, this seems pretty convenient with the shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the port. I am getting a rate of $233 for all of this. To me it sounds like a good deal but just curious of anyone else has done this deal before. How do we 'book' the shuttle?

Thanks for your help. :)

I am going to look into this. I need to figure out how we are going to get from the airport to cocoa beach. Renting a car is out of the question.

Anyhow glad the days are counting down for you - enjoy and hope all the information has helped you feel a little more comfortable.

oh its coming up so fast and its gonna be so WELCOMED we NEED this!!

glad you had a GOOD time, sorry you got lost...i have heard more stories with the GPS and being LOST:eek:

the info has been GREAT and it definitely has helped and i know we are going to have a NICE stay after the RADISSON after BEACHLINE TRANSPORTATION drops us off and then for all the recommends we will choose a GOOD place to eat and a taxi to the port in the morn and we will be on our way!!

THANKS AGAIN;)...this is THE BEST THREAD at CC!!!:)

have a SPOOK-tacular weekend SHIRLEY:D

Well talk about almost jumping out of my skin, I did a little while ago - sitting at the traffic light when I heard this LOUD and horrific noise - didn't know where it was coming from and all of a sudden this huge faster than light plane flew overhead - it was the Blue Angels practicing for their show - traffic just stopped, folks jumped out of their cars to see the sight and take pictures, but there is no way any pictures could have been taken for they were there and then G-O-N-E - If you are going to be here for the show, believe me they will be sure preforming just for you.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOL:cool:...have seen them and THUNDERBIRDs lots of times...they are AWESOME!!

Jut wanted to say that having read all the negative reports about cocoa beach shuttle service on cc I did think about cancelling and booking with some-one else but decided to keep the booking with them. We arrived at Orlando Airport on the 15th Oct 2hrs 30mins late and should have exited at terminal A however we exited at Terminal B I was really worried about our transport as there were lots of shuttle buses there but couldn't see ours. I phoned there office and Mellisa was very helpful she told me not to worry and to stay there and she would get the driver there in 5 mins as he was waiting at terminal A sure enough the driver arrived promptly, we had a very helpful and pleasant driver. The next morning the transport arrived nice and early and again the driver was very pleasant. After reading all the negative reports I felt that in this instance they deserved a good report we were very happy with there service and will definately use them again.

Jewel

oh its coming up so fast and its gonna be so WELCOMED we NEED this!!

glad you had a GOOD time, sorry you got lost...i have heard more stories with the GPS and being LOST:eek:

the info has been GREAT and it definitely has helped and i know we are going to have a NICE stay after the RADISSON after BEACHLINE TRANSPORTATION drops us off and then for all the recommends we will choose a GOOD place to eat and a taxi to the port in the morn and we will be on our way!!

THANKS AGAIN;)...this is THE BEST THREAD at CC!!!:)

have a SPOOK-tacular weekend SHIRLEY:D

Hello star

Just wanted to take the time to wish you the best of everything and let us know how you made out -

The Blue Angels were out today in full force for tomorrow and Saturday is their day to really show the world what America is REALLY made of - Monday we have our last Discovery shuttle launch

:( wow after 47 years, of watching those beautiful birds going toward the skies are sure gonna be super missed.

Anyhow many many blessings and a safe and enjoyable time. Glad we could all help.

Hello star

Just wanted to take the time to wish you the best of everything and let us know how you made out -

The Blue Angels were out today in full force for tomorrow and Saturday is their day to really show the world what America is REALLY made of - Monday we have our last Discovery shuttle launch

:( wow after 47 years, of watching those beautiful birds going toward the skies are sure gonna be super missed.

Anyhow many many blessings and a safe and enjoyable time. Glad we could all help.

Shirley you are so right. A big piece of our history is closing. Time for a new chapter to begin!

Hello star

ENJOY the AIR SHOWS!!!!

5 weeks and we will be there...getting in later--airline changed our times we will wave as we pass by SHIRLEY!!

Need to use a PC at the library. Where is the closest library and how can I get there from the Port? Can I walk or is there a shuttle bus?

Also, do you know what pier (North or South and pier #) the NCL Jewel docks in Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

Need to use a PC at the library. Where is the closest library and how can I get there from the Port? Can I walk or is there a shuttle bus?

Also, do you know what pier (North or South and pier #) the NCL Jewel docks in Port Canaveral?

Thanks!

Here is a link for the library and I am afraid your only option is a cab. Call a local company to come and get you like Yellow and it will be cheap. If you use a cab waiting the price will be higher because only a few get in each day by lottery and they want airport runs.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14149466-cape-canaveral-library-cape-canaveral

Not sure the pier #

It was loud here today.

Preston wasn't that beautiful also did you see the fellow that gets up at least once a month and does all of his stunts? I was kinda concern since he was doing his stunt, then there was another small plane flying around the Banana River and then of course the Blue Angels - Tomorrow is going to be awesome but traffic is going to be even heavier, but that is ok - the more the merrier :)

I have a question for you all what time does the nail salon close out their?

I am assuming that you mean what time do they open and close?

They open at 9AM and close at 7PM

Hollywood Nails is South of Highway 520 in Cocoa Beach and DaVi that is now at Wal-Mart Merritt Island.

These are the only ones that I know about and both excellent and very clean which I highly respect and like.

If you mention this board, they will give you a discount also.

Edited by snelsonbrown

H-E-L-L-O...... SHIRLEY!!!!!

One week from today we will be driving down to PC to get on the Freedom and will be staying at the Radisson.......I'm so excited!!!!

Thanks a million for all of your help and I promise we will obey the speed limit coming into the area (just as you taught us to do).....:D

Thanks a million for all your help!!!

H-E-L-L-O...... SHIRLEY!!!!!

One week from today we will be driving down to PC to get on the Freedom and will be staying at the Radisson.......I'm so excited!!!!

Thanks a million for all of your help and I promise we will obey the speed limit coming into the area (just as you taught us to do).....:D

Thanks a million for all your help!!!

Hey there GTOgirl - well I know you must be excited after all the anticipation of your upcoming cruise. You should be having pretty weather and all the half of million folks that are due to be here this weekend through Tuesday for the Air Force Air Show and the last shuttle leaving Tuesday, will all be over and you should have smooth sailing.

It was all of us pleasure to been of help.

Stay safe and have a great time on your cruise

Wow was a lot of information posted since I've been here! Goes to show what a person can miss being gone all day.:confused:

Shirley, you must be a lifesaver for so many. It is wonderful how much good information you put out there. We used to live in Orlando area, but will be sure and remind DH to drive carefully. He does tend to have a lead foot and we don't need a traffic ticket. However the truth is our car seems to ride best at about 80 miles per hour so he does drive much too fast sometimes!;)

Have a great weekend everyone! Cold here in Indiana today; had to turn the heat on yesterday to take the chill off. See you all soon.

Just for those reading....the beach is filling up a little with spectators for the airshow! We are at the Hampton Inn with a great 6th floor balcony that faces the air show space.

THE WORLD Cruise Ship is supposed to be here today "in the air space" to watch the show...don't see her yet!

Lou

Just for those reading....the beach is filling up a little with spectators for the airshow! We are at the Hampton Inn with a great 6th floor balcony that faces the air show space.

THE WORLD Cruise Ship is supposed to be here today "in the air space" to watch the show...don't see her yet!

Lou

Hello Lou, so glad that you have such a great view of it all - we can see just about all of it from here at home - are you staying until Tuesday for the launch? Let me know OK

Looking for a good fried grouper restaurant.

BUT do not like heavy smoke or loud music or loud drunks. Any suggestions? Lunch or dinner or sail away time (4pm, right?) can work for me.

Anywhere in the port fits your description. Google these and look at the menu. Rusty's, Grills, Fish Lips, Millikens. My guess Rusty's would be your best bet.