The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi Shirley, My DH and I are sailing out of Port Canaveral in January and I am try to find a hotel that offers free or reasonable transfers from the Orlando airport and to the cruise terminal. Any suggestion?

Hi Shirley, My DH and I are sailing out of Port Canaveral in January and I am try to find a hotel that offers free or reasonable transfers from the Orlando airport and to the cruise terminal. Any suggestion?

the only one that offers free shuttle service is the Radisson - the others will make sure you have transportation to the port - go to post #295 and it will give you all the information you will need - as soon as I can, I will update the post - it is ready to go

the only one that offers free shuttle service is the Radisson - the others will make sure you have transportation to the port - go to post #295 and it will give you all the information you will need - as soon as I can, I will update the post - it is ready to go

Is this the Radisson at the Port?? We are thinking about staying there on the friday night before we sail. Is this free shuttle from Orlando airport??

Shirley-I am 99 percent sure you can do this....you may want to put in your signature a link to post #295 this will allow everyone to go directly to it and you don't have to reference it. You might just before the link put in all caps

something like:

THE POST THAT HAS REFERENCES TO ( AND THEN LIST SOME STUFF)

then put the link.....then you can just say see signature below for link

Not trying to tell you what to do...I PROMISE...been in the hot seat toooo many times! But just an idea!!!

Lou

Shirley-I am 99 percent sure you can do this....you may want to put in your signature a link to post #295 this will allow everyone to go directly to it and you don't have to reference it. You might just before the link put in all caps

something like:

THE POST THAT HAS REFERENCES TO ( AND THEN LIST SOME STUFF)

then put the link.....then you can just say see signature below for link

Not trying to tell you what to do...I PROMISE...been in the hot seat toooo many times! But just an idea!!!

Lou

LOU YOU ARE A BLESSINGS, BUTTTTTTTTTTT I am so darn not very savvy on computers - can you please drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com so you can guide me please = pretty please

Thanks more than a whole bunch ;)

LOU YOU ARE A BLESSINGS, BUTTTTTTTTTTT I am so darn not very savvy on computers - can you please drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com so you can guide me please = pretty please

Thanks more than a whole bunch ;)

Shirley just copy and paste this link to your signature page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25028961&postcount=295

Is this the Radisson at the Port?? We are thinking about staying there on the friday night before we sail. Is this free shuttle from Orlando airport??

The Radisson will take you to the ship. Not from the Airport which is 45 miles away. No one offer a free shuttle. Some may package it in the rates but you may do better setting that up on your own.

Edited by psbcap

For those of you coming this weekend, we have just gone throught a week of the most beautiful weather we can offer. Not a cloud in the sky, low humidity and low 80's. I am sure they are taking pictures for the new post cards.

Enjoy

OK here is something neat if you are going to be in the area - we have the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds air show being held here on October 30 to the 31st. You can go to http://www.cocoabeachairshow.com for more information - Its going to be centered at Lori Wilson Park with viewing on the beach with exhibits, simulators etc -

I have seen them preform for years and I still am in awe with each new show.

PS if you purchase advanced tickets online prior to the 15th, you get a 10% discount - use the code rack

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Is traffic as bad on I4 as I remember in the mornings?

We will be heading to the Radisson at the Port. Live in Land O'Lakes, so directions say take I75S and then I-4E to SR-417 to 528.

We were thinking of getting at the hotel early and heading to Cocoa Beach for the day, but are wondering if we'd be better off waiting til after rush hour due to heavy traffic on I4E???

Thanks

Barbara

Is traffic as bad on I4 as I remember in the mornings?

We will be heading to the Radisson at the Port. Live in Land O'Lakes, so directions say take I75S and then I-4E to SR-417 to 528.

We were thinking of getting at the hotel early and heading to Cocoa Beach for the day, but are wondering if we'd be better off waiting til after rush hour due to heavy traffic on I4E???

Thanks

Barbara

I-4 can be a mess. Ususlly it is after 417 though. I would come early myself.

Shirley

I hope that good weather remains....and if you can send good thoughts down towards Cozumel, Belize, Guatamala and make Tropical Storm Paula go away, those of us leaving on NCL Sun on Saturday would really appreciate it!

I know those feelings only too well Clay - I really do hope you have beautiful weather and if Paula is to be, I pray it is just a rain storm and will go away quickly. If it is to be, better than a hurricane - good thoughts going out to you -

Edited by snelsonbrown

We are coming for the airshow...actually the Blue Angels will be in Jacksonville the weekend before Oct 23-24th...and then we are doing the Thunderbirds on the 30 and 31st....so had to put a 4 day cruise inbetween!! cheaper than a hotel!

We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach and that seems to be in the "flight envelope" so may just sit on the beach/balcony and watch this time.

Lou

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Cocoa Beach? What has been your experience? What is nearby? Are there any child friendly restaurants nearby for a 3 and 5 year old?

Its in a great location but not on the ocean. Its across the street. It is actually in a strip mall parking lot. Everything is close by. If you mean McDonalds type, none are close. However there are many choices you can walk to.