The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Just a quick question about transportation.. I don't have time to look through all the posts to find the info

We are staying near downtown disney for two nights in Feb and sailing out of Port Canaveral afterward. I have narrowed down transportation to our hotel from the airport but what is a good choice for transportation from hotel to port and back? I have seen poor reviews for Laura's as well as good.

We do not want to rent a car.

Thanks!:)

Really.......Shirley.......69 degrees in Cape Canavaral for the HIGH on Saturday :eek:...Oh my!!!!

Oh well at least I know we are headed to warm waters come Sunday....:D

For all those traveling this weekend....be safe.....and Happy Sailing!!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Just a quick question about transportation.. I don't have time to look through all the posts to find the info

We are staying near downtown disney for two nights in Feb and sailing out of Port Canaveral afterward. I have narrowed down transportation to our hotel from the airport but what is a good choice for transportation from hotel to port and back? I have seen poor reviews for Laura's as well as good.

We do not want to rent a car.

Thanks!:)

Ask who is doing your hotel from airport transportation if they would do it. We used Beach Line. They picked us up at the airport and took us to the resort we were staying at in Orlando. They also picked us up at the port after our cruise. They inquired if we needed from resort to port, but we had family we rode with.

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net/Index.htm

Really.......Shirley.......69 degrees in Cape Canavaral for the HIGH on Saturday :eek:...Oh my!!!!

Hey 69 degrees is not bad...only one off 70! Not gonna hear any complaints from us! It is still short sleeve weather so I'm smiling all the while!:D

Ask who is doing your hotel from airport transportation if they would do it. We used Beach Line. They picked us up at the airport and took us to the resort we were staying at in Orlando. They also picked us up at the port after our cruise. They inquired if we needed from resort to port, but we had family we rode with.

http://www.beachlinetransportation.net/Index.htm

What did they charge for the airport to hotel trip? I was looking into Mears ( I've used them before) but I don't think they go to Port Canaveral. Was it a shared ride situation or private car? It will be just DH and I.

I looked all though Shirley's post but do not see any info on internet cafes. Where is the best place to access the internet, accessible by the "shuttle" from the Port? Is this an actual shuttle or the bus system that you can access right at the port? Is there a schedule for it? TIA.

Edited by peg013

OK GTO-Girl -smartie pants - you gave me my laugh to start my morning with ;) so I did want to thank you for that - Norm and I were both born and raised in Key West, Florida and if it goes below the 70's here, I, myself, feel like I am at the North Pole :) - really being right on the ocean, it does feel much cooler - the weather says about 47 for this weekend in the mornings getting up to about 72. I forget folks from a cooler state, do enjoy this type of weather since they have to deal with a heck lot more - so come on down and I will look for a gal that is in shorts and a tank top and you look for someone that is wrapped up as if she was at the North Pole ok? Thanks really for just giving me a smile so early in the AM for it makes for a great way to wake up to -

Stay safe and have a great time

Hugssssssss

I looked all though Shirley's post but do not see any info on internet cafes. Where is the best place to access the internet, accessible by the "shuttle" from the Port? Is this an actual shuttle or the bus system that you can access right at the port? Is there a schedule for it? TIA.

Hey there peg013 - Zackery's Restaurant which is sandwiched between the Radisson and the Residence Inn has free WIFI and as for the "shuttle" from the port, I will have to let someone else give you that info - I did find out yesterday when I went to vote, that the library here in Cape Canaveral does have a great computer system and they will give you a day's pass if you have ID to use them - I believe the only problem would be if folks are already sitting at them. I am going to try and find out about if we have internet cafes here close to the port - HEY PRESTON WHERE ARE YOU???? - YOU ARE GOOD ON THIS ONE

What did they charge for the airport to hotel trip? I was looking into Mears ( I've used them before) but I don't think they go to Port Canaveral. Was it a shared ride situation or private car? It will be just DH and I.

Misty here is some information on Mears and I know someone else will post more help for you.

http://www.mearstransportation.com/services/cruise-transportation.htm

Has anyone used the Avis coupon code C031529? I am getting a great rate using this code but I want to make sure it actually works before I book the car. I don't want to get to the counter and have them tell me I can't use that rate and charge me a ton more. Thanks for any help you can give me!!

typically on the average what is the weather like the first part of December

47 for a low in the morn...is about what it has been here in Utah

but we have lost the 70s and our high is in the 50s & 60s now!

Edited by STARFISH*4

Hey there peg013 - Zackery's Restaurant which is sandwiched between the Radisson and the Residence Inn has free WIFI and as for the "shuttle" from the port, I will have to let someone else give you that info - I did find out yesterday when I went to vote, that the library here in Cape Canaveral does have a great computer system and they will give you a day's pass if you have ID to use them - I believe the only problem would be if folks are already sitting at them. I am going to try and find out about if we have internet cafes here close to the port - HEY PRESTON WHERE ARE YOU???? - YOU ARE GOOD ON THIS ONE

Thank You Shirley. Are there taxi's right at the port, and would that be the best way to get to Zackery's? I've never used wifi in a restaurant, is there a separate room for it or what? I can't imagine everyone with a laptop on their dining table. Where is the library located and how would I get there?

Thank You Shirley. Are there taxi's right at the port, and would that be the best way to get to Zackery's? I've never used wifi in a restaurant, is there a separate room for it or what? I can't imagine everyone with a laptop on their dining table. Where is the library located and how would I get there?

Hello Peg - yes there are cabs at the port and here is a link to the library - the wifi at Zackery's is on your right when you first walk in - its not bad although I have never used it.

Here is the link to the library

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14149466-cape-canaveral-library-cape-canaveral

Good luck :)

Edited by snelsonbrown

I know I read on one of these pages about a "beach trolley" that goes to Ron Jon's and Walmart among other places. Where can I find a map of where this trolley goes and a schedule with times and stops? What is the actual name of the trolley? TIA

Peg

I know I read on one of these pages about a "beach trolley" that goes to Ron Jon's and Walmart among other places. Where can I find a map of where this trolley goes and a schedule with times and stops? What is the actual name of the trolley? TIA

Peg

Here you go - I know folks that have used and LOVED it - found they could travel at a low price, chat with folks that were on the bus and have a chance to just kinda look around here -

Keep us posted ok?

LOCAL TROLLEY/BUS INFORMATION

http://routefinder.ridescat.com

We will be coming into Ft. Lauderdale Next Oct. 28th and there is a boat show so all of the hotels near the water seemed to be booked does anyone have any suggestions of hotels that are near the water that have any openings or hotels near the port that have something scenic by them. Or next option is rent a car and go to Lauderdale by the Sea but I was trying to avoid renting a car.

I am not aware of any internet cafes. I think the library is the best bet. There are a number of wi fi hot spots, even McDonalds.

We will sail into Port Canaveral @ 10 AM on 11/29. Our stay will be until 10 PM. My sister plans to drive in from Casselberry and then take us to her place. Is there a convenient place for us to meet?

She can pick you up at the ship.

Hello Peg - yes there are cabs at the port and here is a link to the library - the wifi at Zackery's is on your right when you first walk in - its not bad although I have never used it.

Here is the link to the library

http://local.yahoo.com/info-14149466-cape-canaveral-library-cape-canaveral

Good luck :)

Shirley to let you and everyone know the cabs at the port are allowed in each day by a lottery and are looking for an airport run. If they take a local fair they cannot get back in. Being that they are not regulated they may set the meter to high. On one cruise they tried to charge me $30 for a trip home right here in CC.

The best thing to do is call a local company who can come into the port to pick you up and then it will be a few dollars to the library or where ever you need to go.

Shirley do you have a few listed on your info link?

Shirley to let you and everyone know the cabs at the port are allowed in each day by a lottery and are looking for an airport run. If they take a local fair they cannot get back in. Being that they are not regulated they may set the meter to high. On one cruise they tried to charge me $30 for a trip home right here in CC.

The best thing to do is call a local company who can come into the port to pick you up and then it will be a few dollars to the library or where ever you need to go.

Shirley do you have a few listed on your info link?

Hey there Preston - I am glad that you told me this and yes I do have a few listed, but the one that has become so popular for cost, driver's politeness, etc is AAA Taxi - I did check them out after I had done an update - they can email for information at info@aaataxionline.com or website at http://www.AAAtaxionline.com/

Since my dad was a cab driver many many years ago, I can understand the importance of losing in a place in line.

NOW this is only for taxi service for you do have other choices on post 862 for taxi and shuttles

Hope that this will help everyone

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hey there Preston - I am glad that you told me this and yes I do have a few listed, but the one that has become so popular for cost, driver's politeness, etc is AAA Taxi - I did check them out after I had done an update - they can email for information at info@aaataxionline.com or website at www.AAAtaxionline.com/

Since my dad was a cab driver many many years ago, I can understand the importance of losing in a place in line.

NOW this is only for taxi service for you do have other choices on post 862 for taxi and shuttles

Hope that this will help everyone

AAA is new here with newer vehicles. I have used the myself. I also have had good luck with Yellow Cab. As in many places it is good to ask when you call or before you get in for an estimate.

Just wanted to let those that will be here this weekend of an event that is being held at the Kennedy space Center Vistor Complex - The largest Astronaut Autograph and Memorabilia Show is being held and some of the top astronauts will be there to sign autographs - the website is http://www.astronautscholarship.org or you can call 321-455-7014 for more information.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!