The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

As some of you know....we are headed to Port Canaveral next Monday and staying over for the following weekend...this is in regards to the shuttle traffic...we will stay at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach for the day when we check out...it "seems" almost directly across from the hotel is a road directly to the interstate.....which we can take to escape!!! ??????? back to the interestate?

We know traffic may be a bear going north.

Also, the park where they have the Thunderbirds is just down from the hotel so if we decide to go down there and not just watch the flying from the balcony/beach....seems to be walkable from the Hampton Inn...we don't want to move the car.

Lou

As some of you know....we are headed to Port Canaveral next Monday and staying over for the following weekend...this is in regards to the shuttle traffic...we will stay at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach for the day when we check out...it "seems" almost directly across from the hotel is a road directly to the interstate.....which we can take to escape!!! ??????? back to the interestate?

We know traffic may be a bear going north.

Also, the park where they have the Thunderbirds is just down from the hotel so if we decide to go down there and not just watch the flying from the balcony/beach....seems to be walkable from the Hampton Inn...we don't want to move the car.

Lou

Lou that is Highway #520 and it will take you to 95. Turn left at the light by the CVS drug store.

Just wondering after reading other posts that some rental cars no longer shuttle you to the POM?

Does anyone know the ones that still do? We will be renting a car from the Orlando airport then we want to drop it off the Sat of our cruise at the POM

This is a Port Canaveral thread not POM. You may want to repost on the Florida Departures Board.

Geeeze I had a brain fart!!! I mean Port Canaveral - don't know what I was thinking maybe because our last cruise we departed from POM -

So I did mean Port Canaveral -

Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty/Dollar and Enterprise will all take you to/from the ship free.

We will be staying at Residence Inn for 3 nights before our cruise in January. We were planning to rent a car for those days, but after reading this thread, I got a quote from Executive limo (michael) and found that it may be cheaper for us to get someone to drive us to the places we need to go (ie from airport to hotel, from hotel to/from KSC, to/from shopping at Premium outlets). So now that we probably wont have a car, I was wondering if there are any places to eat dinner near the Residence Inn, preferably walking distance. We will have 2 kids with us (age 8 and 11) so not too far a walk.... :)

We will be staying at Residence Inn for 3 nights before our cruise in January. We were planning to rent a car for those days, but after reading this thread, I got a quote from Executive limo (michael) and found that it may be cheaper for us to get someone to drive us to the places we need to go (ie from airport to hotel, from hotel to/from KSC, to/from shopping at Premium outlets). So now that we probably wont have a car, I was wondering if there are any places to eat dinner near the Residence Inn, preferably walking distance. We will have 2 kids with us (age 8 and 11) so not too far a walk.... :)

There are! McDonalds, Burger King, Thai Thai, Kelseys Pizza, Subway and Zachary's which is family style. You may also want to go to the port. Very close but you cannot walk. There are 4 places on the water and if you arrive by 4 you can see that days departures sail by so close you can touch the ships.

Edited by psbcap

Thanks, thats good to know. If we cant walk to the other places you mentioned, what transport options are there? Do we need to take a taxi or is there a bus, or do you know if Residence Inn provides some form of shuttle?

Thanks, thats good to know. If we cant walk to the other places you mentioned, what transport options are there? Do we need to take a taxi or is there a bus, or do you know if Residence Inn provides some form of shuttle?

Taxi would be the easiest. Maybe $5-$7 + tip! I don't think that hotel has their own shuttle. I think they contract with one of the local companies for the ride to the ship.

Reconsider renting a car. Its cheap, this area is small and easy to get around.

Edited by psbcap

A few years ago my mom and I went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. She had flowers delivered to the ship for my birthday. We are planning to do a cruise next Thanksgiving on the Freedom for my husband's aunt and uncle's 25th anniversary. They want to celebrate onboard the ship with cake and a toast. Can a cake be delivered to the ship or do you have to order through Royal Caribbean?

Thanks,

Beth

A few years ago my mom and I went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral. She had flowers delivered to the ship for my birthday. We are planning to do a cruise next Thanksgiving on the Freedom for my husband's aunt and uncle's 25th anniversary. They want to celebrate onboard the ship with cake and a toast. Can a cake be delivered to the ship or do you have to order through Royal Caribbean?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth these florist are in Cape Canaveral. Call to see if they deliver to the ship.

321) 799-4438

321) 784-7500

321) 783-6400

Just a thought on the flowers.....security doesn't usually now allow stuff on board....but you may be correct that RCCL does allow known businesses to deliver.....will say that the products ordered from the ship's store online have always been exactly what we ordered in case you have to do that.

Lou

I am getting married the day before a cruise leaving from Port Canaveral next September. I am trying to choose a beach to be married on, but never having been in the area, this is a challenge. Cocoa Beach is out because we would like more privacy and a non-touristy beach. My wedding officient sent me a list with some pictures and I am torn between Cherie Downs Beach Park in Cape Canaveral and Pelican Beach Park in Satellite Beach. I am wanting something that is very nature-ful and doesn't have a lot of buildings on the shore or anything.

Can someone help with suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by futuremrsb

I am getting married the day before a cruise leaving from Port Canaveral next September. I am trying to choose a beach to be married on, but never having been in the area, this is a challenge. Cocoa Beach is out because we would like more privacy and a non-touristy beach. My wedding officient sent me a list with some pictures and I am torn between Cherie Downs Beach Park in Cape Canaveral and Pelican Beach Park in Satellite Beach. I am wanting something that is very nature-ful and doesn't have a lot of buildings on the shore or anything.

Can someone help with suggestions? Thanks!

Both are nice but Pelican is on a busy road and the noise might interfere.

Cherie Down is in a residential neighborhood and is quite nice. It would be my choice and 30 minutes closer to the ship. And most important I live on the road CD is on and can walk there in 5 minutes, that is if I am invited.

Good luck to you.

There are! McDonalds, Burger King, Thai Thai, Kelseys Pizza, Subway and Zachary's which is family style. You may also want to go to the port. Very close but you cannot walk. There are 4 places on the water and if you arrive by 4 you can see that days departures sail by so close you can touch the ships.

I was about to ask the same question, except I was also going to ask if you know of any restaurant that would deliver to the Residence Inn. Hubby & I are leaving our parents there to fend for thmselves while we visit with friends and just want to know what options then will have for dining. Last time we were there they had frozen entrees for sale at the lobby shop as well, not sure if this is still the case.

I was about to ask the same question, except I was also going to ask if you know of any restaurant that would deliver to the Residence Inn. Hubby & I are leaving our parents there to fend for thmselves while we visit with friends and just want to know what options then will have for dining. Last time we were there they had frozen entrees for sale at the lobby shop as well, not sure if this is still the case.

Papa Vitos in CC has pretty good Italian and will deliver. Here is the menu.

http://www.brevardsbestpizza.com/boxtoppermenu.pdf

Good morning Preston/Shirley......I have done a search on this thread but can't find an answer to this question....

We will be in your area in 16 days :D.....and we want to go to Jetty Park to watch the ships leave. Do you know how much it is to get into the park? We did this several years ago and I cannot remember how much it was or if the fee was per car or per person.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Good morning Preston/Shirley......I have done a search on this thread but can't find an answer to this question....

We will be in your area in 16 days :D.....and we want to go to Jetty Park to watch the ships leave. Do you know how much it is to get into the park? We did this several years ago and I cannot remember how much it was or if the fee was per car or per person.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Dianne they charge $10.00 per car for non residents.

UPDATE For 3 weeks starting 9-1-10 the park concessions will be closed for renovation.

Still a great time but bring your own gear and food.

Dianne they charge $10.00 per car for non residents.

UPDATE For 3 weeks starting 9-1-10 the park concessions will be closed for renovation.

Still a great time but bring your own gear and food.

WOW Preston......you are quick this morning!!!

I want to thank you and Shirley for all the good info. You two feel just like "family" to me.....:D

See you in 16 days......YIPPEE!!!!!!