The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

MissBogata

I don't know about your limo service but we have always had good luck getting our limo service driver to make a stop on the way to the hotel to let us pick up whatever isn't within walking distance of the hotel. Usually the extra tip is much less than a cab fare. Don't know if this is possible at Port Canaveral but it was the case elsewhere.

Hi Shirley,

We will be traveling with 2 other couples in February and staying precruise one day in Cocoa Beach. We will probably stay at LaQuinta Inn & Suites Ocean because of proximity to restaurants and the water. Do you have any idea what a shuttle or taxi would cost to take us to the Port the morning of departure? Also, if using a shuttle to get to the port, can I arrange it when we get there? Just trying to get a general idea of cost so I can inform the other couples in our party. Thanks so much for the wonderful information!

Gym2

Hi Shirley,

We will be traveling with 2 other couples in February and staying precruise one day in Cocoa Beach. We will probably stay at LaQuinta Inn & Suites Ocean because of proximity to restaurants and the water. Do you have any idea what a shuttle or taxi would cost to take us to the Port the morning of departure? Also, if using a shuttle to get to the port, can I arrange it when we get there? Just trying to get a general idea of cost so I can inform the other couples in our party. Thanks so much for the wonderful information!

Gym2

Hello Gym2,

First thank you for coming for a short stay here in our beautiful town of Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral - you will love LQ and Chris the GM is a great one who will help you will advise etc - now all you have to do is when you sign in, tell Debbie or Danielle that you need a ride to the port and they will arrange it all for you - the cost is between 3 to 5 dollars per person OR you can go to post #295 and drop Chris an email and he will get back to you.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Shirley

I see the thread is going well. How about if I ask a question? I am having my bathroom remodeled and will need to get out for a day or two. Can you suggest a place on the ocean to stay that is the best bang for the buck?

I don't want to spend a fortune just a nice place to sleep and take a shower. You always seem to know the properties so well.

I hope all is ok with you!

Edited by psbcap

Hello Shirley

I see the thread is going well. How about if I ask a question? I am having my bathroom remodeled and will need to get out for a day or two. Can you suggest a place on the ocean to stay that is the best bang for the buck?

I don't want to spend a fortune just a nice place to sleep and take a shower. You always seem to know the properties so well.

I hope all is ok with you!

Hello Preston,

I am emailing you some information and also need a huge favor from you - I will be flying out in late October to spend some time with my girl and need you to take over for me while I am gone - since you are the brainstorm of the thread, I know you can handle it much better than I

thanks and sure wish you would stop by more often for I dont' always have the answer

Hugssssssss

Shirley

Hey Shirley......we were just in Cape Canaveral this past May and we will be there once again in about 5 weeks and cannot wait!!!! We just love sailing out of that area!!!

Thanks again for all your valuable help!!!!

Come on down girlfriend - I see you are going on the Freedom - beautiful ship

Glad it isn't this week - lousy weather :(

We are staying at the LaQuinta inn beachside Cocoa Beach - about how far is that from the port?

Thanks!

You really are going to love this place cause you are so close to the Cocoa Beach Pier - you are less than 3 miles or so from the port.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley, i know that the BW is right there at the Cocoa Beach Pier. Is that where everyone goes to see the ships sail out on Saturday.

Plan on going to the Church fair on Friday night. We'll be looking for the Keywest Top!

Shirley, i know that the BW is right there at the Cocoa Beach Pier. Is that where everyone goes to see the ships sail out on Saturday.

Plan on going to the Church fair on Friday night. We'll be looking for the Keywest Top!

Hey there my friend - you can see the ships sometimes from the Cocoa Beach Pier, but the best place to see them is at the Cove where Grills, Fishlips and Rusty's is - I don't know how late the trolley runs, but there is a place to catch it right there at BW - see ya on Friday night after I finish work, come home and change and then Norm and I will be there most likely having a beer, coke and some oysters - we will see - the church is already setting up and getting ready for their yearly carnival time - only time I can find cotton candy and candy apples :-)

Looking forward to catching up with ya

BTW if you have any questions or need help, ask for Linda at BW and she will amaze you with help in any way she can.

Hugsssssssss

Shirley - you seem to know so much I am hoping you can help.:o

Cruising out of Maryland on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas with a stop in Port Canaveral (all day). Travelling with 4 adults and 3 teenage boys (14,15,17) - need a fun activity we can all do but that will be tiring for the boys. They have vetoed kayaking as "boring" (they have done it alot) so we were thinking of paddlesurfing.

Do you have any suggestions of good companies to go with? Do they provide transportation from the pier?

Also any other suggestions for things to do in Pt Canaveral (not theme park or space center) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Melissa

Shirley - you seem to know so much I am hoping you can help.:o

Cruising out of Maryland on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas with a stop in Port Canaveral (all day). Travelling with 4 adults and 3 teenage boys (14,15,17) - need a fun activity we can all do but that will be tiring for the boys. They have vetoed kayaking as "boring" (they have done it alot) so we were thinking of paddlesurfing.

Do you have any suggestions of good companies to go with? Do they provide transportation from the pier?

Also any other suggestions for things to do in Pt Canaveral (not theme park or space center) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Melissa

Hello Melissa

WOW!!! can 3 teenage boys be tired out??? I never could and I sure tried with my 5 and never succeeded - I do not know how long you will be in town and its going to be kinda tough without transportation right there - the only thing in Cape Canaveral is Jetty Park which has fishing, swimming etc - it really is a great place to go and relax - you would have to take a cab over - I wish I could say there is a lot of stuff for teens to do here, but I have to be honest and say no unless they are interested in fishing and swimming - tell you what, let me check on a couple of things and then I will get back to you or if you have the chance drop me a note at snelsonbrown at aol dot com and just maybe you can give me more suggestions as to what they would enjoy doing and I can help better ok>

sorry I wasn't more help at this time but again will start looking into stuff they have enjoy

PS when are you suppose to be here for that will count in a lot of ways - winter, spring etc

Edited by snelsonbrown

It has been posted on these boards for years about the over charging of several gas station near the Orlando International Airport. There is no law in place that requires owners to post current prices. The City of Orlando has tried to put a law in place that would require a change.

It has been ruled down by a local judge.

When returning to fill your rental car please look at the price on the pump! Usually a ride a little farther down the road will get you fair prices. Happy travels.

Hi Preston, so good to see that name again. If I lived in Cocoa Beach, I'd invite you over to stay and try our new walk in shower. Pleez pop in often. Shirley, I'm sure you can help this poor man out

Thanks Beej. Shirley may have told you, she is taking a much deserved vacation later this month and I will be back for a while trying to fill her shoes. I have it on my calender. See you then!

Hi!

Just wondring if there are any issues or recent problems with rental car companies with pick up out of Orlando Airport....and returning it to Port Canaveral next day.

Looking to use Budget...Any cautions about added surprise fees when turning the car in?

Oh, also if I use a code and its accepted and paid for on linem other than Employee codes, do they have to honor it?

I'm using code BCD X793200 very inexpensive!:)

Thanks!

Mike

Hi!

Just wondring if there are any issues or recent problems with rental car companies with pick up out of Orlando Airport....and returning it to Port Canaveral next day.

Looking to use Budget...Any cautions about added surprise fees when turning the car in?

Oh, also if I use a code and its accepted and paid for on linem other than Employee codes, do they have to honor it?

I'm using code BCD X793200 very inexpensive!:)

Thanks!

Mike

I am sailing on FOS in December and have done A LOT of research for the best deal on car rentals. I have repeatedly read that they will allow you to book on-line with just about any code, but proof of entitlement to use the code can and has been asked for at the time of pick-up! So just be aware. Flyer talk dot com has been a great source of info(go to forums and then car rental programs). Do a search to see what your particular code is connected to. After trying a million codes, I found the entertainment book to offer a very competitive rate and since I have one, no stress about "proving" myself at the counter! Avis from MCO to the Port for $43(includes all taxes and unlimited miles) and Budget from the port to MCO for $70. Standard size with free upgrade to full with coupon in entertainment book. I also keep checking daily as prices fluctuate a lot!

Also, another code to try for avis is K214028. It is offered through gulf coast florida and all you have to do is go on their website and print out a card. Good luck!!

I looked up your code and it kept coming back with your code as well as the same code with the 3 and the 9 reversed as being one in the same. Not sure if that is right or not. Either way, this was some of what others were saying, so I would check further into it......

Originally Posted by todd-r viewpost.gif

I had a car booked with this rate and went through a lot of umms, aahs, etc when picking the car up.

Seems this is an internal code used by Budget for Insurance claims. Apparently one's insurance company will make the reservation directly with Budget when they need a replacement vehicle while the insured's car is being repaired.

I was picking up at MIA and the woman immediately recognized the code as the MIA location is not supposed to be renting Insurance Claims; these are normally only rented from off-airport locations.

I was drilled for 5-10 minutes (How did I make the booking? Did I have my confirmation print-out from the web? {I did} Was I in an accident? Who was my insurance company? what was my claim number? Why did my insurance company reserve my a replacement car at an airport location?) In the end she did everything she could to have the system force the rate but she couldn't get past the screen asking for the Insurance Claim Number. She subsequently checked with her Manager who told her to do just do a new booking. When I compared the new booking rate to the X739200 rate, there was less than $5 difference. She booked the new car using BCD W852802. When reviewing the paperwork I noticed the price difference and she said she could refer back to the Mgr again and have him put a credit thru but I told her that was fine as my company would reimburse me anyway. I didn't want to draw any more attention to the situation for less than $5.

So, the long and short of it all based on my experience is to tread very lightly if trying to use BCD X739200 in the future.

Had a similar experience with BCD X739200. Although I had read the posts already even before I booked, I thought the BCD I used was not the insurance one. Anyway, I ended up at the counter with a supervisor who noticed that it was the insurance replacement code. She explained that I couldn't avail of the rate becuase they didn't offer that rate at Airport locations.

Edited by KentuckyTam