The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

This may have been answered already, but does anyone know what will be open on December 25 in Cocoa Beach?

We will be a family of 13 on the December 26 Freedom of the Seas sailing. We'll all arrive from various parts of the country by midday on Dec 25 and stay at the Best Western Ocean Beach. Would be nice to know what might be open for dinner, at least, but I wonder if the Publix across the street will even be open?

Thanks!

All the grocery stores close on Thanksgiving and Christmas - as for the restaurants, a number of the larger chains are open - I will have a better heads up in a couple of weeks and will post the information - Linda at BW will also have all that information for you - you can drop her a note at ldr@5500northcorp.com and I know she will be able to give you help you need - I will post though

Shirley:

Many thanks for the response and for all the great info on this thread. I booked Beachline for our transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the pier back to the airport. They charged a bit extra for service on Dec 25, which is more than reasonable and still much less than the alternatives for 13 people.

Thanks again,

Charles

I am arriving in Orlando February 25th then somehow (haven't decided just yet how) getting to Cape Canaveral on the 27th of February for a 4 day sailing.

The shuttle is tentatively scheduled for a lift-off at 3:30 ish p.m., what kind of traffic from Orlando to the Cape can I expect if lift-off is as scheduled?

I already posted this on the ports of call boards but got no answers. So, I thought I'd try here.

Has anyone been to Port Canaveral recently and taken the free shuttle that runs from the ship to Cocoa Beach?

Or the other shuttle that costs only $10pp and makes 3 stops (one of the stops to Walmart)?

Just wanted to check and see if they are still running.

(Not the shuttle service that Carnival offers for $16pp.)

I am arriving in Orlando February 25th then somehow (haven't decided just yet how) getting to Cape Canaveral on the 27th of February for a 4 day sailing.

The shuttle is tentatively scheduled for a lift-off at 3:30 ish p.m., what kind of traffic from Orlando to the Cape can I expect if lift-off is as scheduled?

Many will crack a smile at your question! Lift off as scheduled in somewhat of an oxymoron. They will launch when the weather is right, everything is in working order, and the safety of those on board can be etched in stone as much as possible. The word schedule and liftoff do not belong in the same sentence when it comes to going into space. 1000's of people pour there heart and soul into this program and many of us like to witness it. I hope you are lucky enough to see it.

I already posted this on the ports of call boards but got no answers. So, I thought I'd try here.

Has anyone been to Port Canaveral recently and taken the free shuttle that runs from the ship to Cocoa Beach?

Or the other shuttle that costs only $10pp and makes 3 stops (one of the stops to Walmart)?

Just wanted to check and see if they are still running.

(Not the shuttle service that Carnival offers for $16pp.)

We used it around October 15th. It was the very last shuttle. Great service.

We used it around October 15th. It was the very last shuttle. Great service.

Which shuttle? The free one or the one for $10pp?

So, after getting off the ship and heading over to the mass of shuttles, walk to the left all the way to the back?

We'll be in Port Canaveral on Tuesday, on the Jewel. We would like to go with the three kids (7-14) to Jetty Park, to the beach. What's our best way of getting there? Rent a car? Walk? Take a taxi?

I would rent a car. Probably the same cost as 2 one way taxi rides and a lot more freedom.

Which shuttle? The free one or the one for $10pp?

So, after getting off the ship and heading over to the mass of shuttles, walk to the left all the way to the back?

The free one. When you come out of the terminal go to the right and all the way down. You'll be approached by lots of vendors...just keep walking.

I just wanted to take this very blessed opportunity to sincerely express Happy Thanksgiving wishes to the staff of Cruise Critics and all of the faithful members here - may your days be filled with extra special blessings and shared with special family and friends. May it be the best yet.

Thank you for all the kindness that has always been shown here especially to Preston and myself.

Much love

Always

Shirley

Edited by snelsonbrown
spelling of course

I just wanted to take this very blessed opportunity to sincerely express Happy Thanksgiving wishes to the staff of Cruise Critics and all of the faithful members here - may your days be filled with extra special blessings and shared with special family and friends. May it be the best yet.

Thank you for all the kindness that has always been shown here especially to Preston and myself.

Much love

Always

Shirley

and also to YOU & YOURS SHIRLEY...THANKS for all this GREAT INFO...

you too PRESTON!!

will be in your PORT TOWN next friday!!

Good Morning! We'll be staying in Cocoa Beach for our Freedom sailing on Dec 5th 2010. We have a nights stay booked at Four Pts Sheraton in Cocoa Beach & wondering what a good restaurant will be so we can watch the sail away on Saturday afternoon. We were thinking about a restaurant on the pier in Cocoa Beach, would that be a good viewing area? thanks so much!!!

5 days and we will be sailing from Port Canaveral...just read that on our way back from our 2wk B2B we should be able to catch the Space Shuttle on Friday night.

i heard it was gonna be a bit cooler than first expected Saturday but Beautiful weather...hope that is still true!!

its not about Port Canaveral but about your BELOVED KEY WEST we will be there on the 17th for a few hrs and you had recommended the Blonde Giraffe i believe for Key Lime, but they CLOSED...so WHERE is a GOOD place for a GREAT SLICE? HUBBY is dying for some GREAT KEY LIME PIE!!

Just to tell you, Preston......you're one of the finest people I've ever encountered on the web.

Thanks so much for the way you've helped so many of us.

Our next cruise will give us time there in Cape Canaveral, and as you suggested last time we're renting a car for about $45, and driving leisurely to Melbourne area.

Wearing our Ron Jon T-shirts !

Best of luck and fun in your next new home .

Just to tell you, Preston......you're one of the finest people I've ever encountered on the web.

Thanks so much for the way you've helped so many of us.

Our next cruise will give us time there in Cape Canaveral, and as you suggested last time we're renting a car for about $45, and driving leisurely to Melbourne area.

Wearing our Ron Jon T-shirts !

Best of luck and fun in your next new home .

Thanks for the kind words!