The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Sorry you cannot. It is not that far but the highway prevents it. Let the Radisson shuttle take you all over. If you attempt to drive in you may encounter traffic.

I have several questions since our cruise is approaching and i have time on my hands!

Thank you for the info! I called a few cab companies from your list on page 1 and the rate of a cab is $8 to $16! I was thinking of some exercise time before the cruise! LOL!

What is the earliest time we can take a cab to the Freedom? The week before 3/20 our week, the freedom is dry docked. I was thinking, we might be allowed to arrive early because there will be no traffic to fight with? What do you think on a normal week and the dry dock week?

Where would you eat to watch the ships sail on Saturday and time?

Thanks!!! This is an awesome thread!

Chuck

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I am looking for reasonably priced parking at Port Canaveral. We are sailing on Disney Magic on Jan 29 and will have 2 cars. One will be a rental and we will just return it. The other will be our own car since we are in Florida for the winter months. I have found parking for $9.50 at the Cruise N Fly and at the port for $12. Is there anything else or is that it?

Has anyone used or heard of Cruise Express? We have been quoted a great price ($40 for my husband and myself and then our 17 month old is free and they are providing a car seat) for transportation from port to the airport in a van. It will be cheaper than renting a car and this almost seems too good to be true. I haven't seen them mentioned on this thread so I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad info. Thanks!!

Has anyone used or heard of Cruise Express? We have been quoted a great price ($40 for my husband and myself and then our 17 month old is free and they are providing a car seat) for transportation from port to the airport in a van. It will be cheaper than renting a car and this almost seems too good to be true. I haven't seen them mentioned on this thread so I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad info. Thanks!!

acceber32: Are you referring to this company?

https://cruisexpressfla.com/main/

I just emailed them for a quote, but also thought their prices were very low. Anyone have any info on this company?

acceber32: Are you referring to this company?

https://cruisexpressfla.com/main/

I just emailed them for a quote, but also thought their prices were very low. Anyone have any info on this company?

Yep, that would be the one. Wanda has been very quick in emailing me back so far. I haven't booked it yet because I would really like to have some good references before I did. But with that being said I might just book it and take my chances, its a really good deal and everything seems in line.

I have several questions since our cruise is approaching and i have time on my hands!

Thank you for the info! I called a few cab companies from your list on page 1 and the rate of a cab is $8 to $16! I was thinking of some exercise time before the cruise! LOL!

What is the earliest time we can take a cab to the Freedom? The week before 3/20 our week, the freedom is dry docked. I was thinking, we might be allowed to arrive early because there will be no traffic to fight with? What do you think on a normal week and the dry dock week?

Where would you eat to watch the ships sail on Saturday and time?

Thanks!!! This is an awesome thread!

Chuck

Hello Chuck - sometimes I am overwhelmed with the difference of what cabs charge - when Norm and I took our cruise, we used Michael with VIPLimo and I was really impressed at not only his service, but his charges - maybe it is because he is a local young man that knows so much and I love his honestly and caring - as for going to the ship early? It doesn't matter if it is before, after dry dock, the normal "week" is usually unchangeable so that would be your choice there - The FOS is such a beautiful ship although we haven't cruised on her yet although know a great many who have - as for going somewhere to watch the ships, the list is Grills, Fishlips, Rusty's and Milligans - my favorite has always been Grills and Rusty's

Enjoy your time here --------

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I am looking for reasonably priced parking at Port Canaveral. We are sailing on Disney Magic on Jan 29 and will have 2 cars. One will be a rental and we will just return it. The other will be our own car since we are in Florida for the winter months. I have found parking for $9.50 at the Cruise N Fly and at the port for $12. Is there anything else or is that it?

Hello Kate99

Unfortunately that is about it unless you come over, spend the night at one of our great hotels and leave your car there - in fact it would pay you to stay over here since parking at the port starts at $15.00 a day AND you could sit back and relax before going to the port.

Just a thought :)

Hello acceber32 - if I remember correctly not too long ago someone else asked about them, but I do not remember the outcome - I know they are located in Orlando, but I do not remember seeing any of their vehicles here and that is strange since I am all over Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach etc and familiar with a number of the companies here.

You can contact the BBB and COC there in Orlando to see if they are members and maybe get a heads up or just take your chances - I always like dealing with "locals" since you know what you are getting and they do not want to take a chance to mess their names up.

Anyhow keep us posted or just maybe someone will post their experience with them here in Brevard County OK?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise

PS remember if it sounds too good to be true, then have your feelers up :)

Hello Chuck - sometimes I am overwhelmed with the difference of what cabs charge - when Norm and I took our cruise, we used Michael with VIPLimo and I was really impressed at not only his service, but his charges - maybe it is because he is a local young man that knows so much and I love his honestly and caring - as for going to the ship early? It doesn't matter if it is before, after dry dock, the normal "week" is usually unchangeable so that would be your choice there - The FOS is such a beautiful ship although we haven't cruised on her yet although know a great many who have - as for going somewhere to watch the ships, the list is Grills, Fishlips, Rusty's and Milligans - my favorite has always been Grills and Rusty's

Enjoy your time here --------

Thanks Shirley! I'll shoot for 9:45 or 10:00 to arrive at the pier! and check out Grills and Rusty's

Hello acceber32 - if I remember correctly not too long ago someone else asked about them, but I do not remember the outcome - I know they are located in Orlando, but I do not remember seeing any of their vehicles here and that is strange since I am all over Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach etc and familiar with a number of the companies here.

You can contact the BBB and COC there in Orlando to see if they are members and maybe get a heads up or just take your chances - I always like dealing with "locals" since you know what you are getting and they do not want to take a chance to mess their names up.

Anyhow keep us posted or just maybe someone will post their experience with them here in Brevard County OK?

Good luck and enjoy your cruise

PS remember if it sounds too good to be true, then have your feelers up :)

Thanks! I hadn't even thought about checking the BBB. From what info I can find they are a new company and have a $20 special for their first year in business. I have found a few threads in my deeper search now and all have been positive. I think I may go ahead and book. I will let everyone know how it turns out when we get back in January!

Rebecca

So, we're thinking of staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach based on what we've read on here...their Snooze & Cruise rate is really good.....but they are 1/2 mile from Publix. We will be going there to get supplies for the cruise. I would walk it, my partner would not. I looked on google maps...doesn't look that bad...anyone done this? What about staying at hotel right across the street from Publix?

So, we're thinking of staying at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach based on what we've read on here...their Snooze & Cruise rate is really good.....but they are 1/2 mile from Publix. We will be going there to get supplies for the cruise. I would walk it, my partner would not. I looked on google maps...doesn't look that bad...anyone done this? What about staying at hotel right across the street from Publix?

Hello smc0320 - the courtyard is so nice - I love their property and how pretty it is - they also have a great staff that always seem to be around to help their guest any way they can.

Anyhow you are only a couple of blocks NORTH to Winn Dixie which is also a grocery store.

In fact there is a great deal around the courtyard such as shopping, Ron Jons', drugstores and most of all the beach.

Good luck

I was wondering what the most economical and time efficient way to travel from port Canaveral after our cruise on a friday to MCO for four people. We are already renting a one way car from the airport to port before the cruise but don't have time to do that after cruise on the way home.

Thanks! :) quote.gif

I was wondering what the most economical and time efficient way to travel from port Canaveral after our cruise on a friday to MCO for four people. We are already renting a one way car from the airport to port before the cruise but don't have time to do that after cruise on the way home.

Thanks! :) quote.gif

If you want a private transportation, drop Michael from viplimo a note - he has all types of transportation to choose from or just do a search and you will find so many choices

viplimo@screenstar.com

also you can click right above my signature and it will also give you information that may help

Good luck and enjoy your time with us

Does anyone have the email address for Kristy Galzerno the GM at the Doubletree in Coco? Booked there over a year ago and was told by phone that no problem with the park and cruise, and the only contact on their contact page is to call, somehow I just don't feel comfortable with the response over the phone. Thanks for any help.

I would imagine that somewhere in this 54 pages, this might be addressed - but I'm going to ask anyway. our cruise isn't for 9 months (Sept) but I would like to at least get a reservation made for the room. However, I really don't like to tie up my money for 9 months. Do some of these hotels make the reservation, take the CC # and yet NOT actually charge the card until the time of the reservation. Or am I just going to have to accept the fact that they get to use my money for 9 months?

I would imagine that somewhere in this 54 pages, this might be addressed - but I'm going to ask anyway. our cruise isn't for 9 months (Sept) but I would like to at least get a reservation made for the room. However, I really don't like to tie up my money for 9 months. Do some of these hotels make the reservation, take the CC # and yet NOT actually charge the card until the time of the reservation. Or am I just going to have to accept the fact that they get to use my money for 9 months?

My experience has been either the hotel will take a CC guarantee (no charge made) or will require a Deposit. That being said, some hotels offer a slightly discounted price to book and pre-pay. Just pay attention to any cancellation rules. Ya just never know!

Happy New Year

We are on the RCCI Monarch of the Seas sailing Jan 14, 2011. We are flying into MCO Thursday evening and looking for something to do Friday morning before boarding ship. Did a little research and found the Port Canaveral Locks. From what I read it appears that you can just park the car and look at mantees, dolphins, etc. (hopefully) for about an hour and then board the ship.

Does this sound reasonable?

Thank you

so, CC guarantee does not necessary mean they hold it now. It's just the number they'll charge if you don't show up and havent' cancelled? I'm always a little confused on that. Thanks for the response.

Right, they don't actually charge your card until you arrive or don't show up. You will pay in full by whatever means of payment, upon arrival.

You're very welcome.

We are staying at Residence Inn and want to try to get to the port early for our cruise. The earliest hotel shuttle is at 11.30, which seems a bit later than we would like. How much would a taxi cost for 4 people from Residence Inn to the port? Also, the lady at the hotel advised that taxis are not allowed to drop people at the port before a certain time - is this true?!?!

We are staying at Residence Inn and want to try to get to the port early for our cruise. The earliest hotel shuttle is at 11.30, which seems a bit later than we would like. How much would a taxi cost for 4 people from Residence Inn to the port? Also, the lady at the hotel advised that taxis are not allowed to drop people at the port before a certain time - is this true?!?!

I don't know what the cab fare would be but yes, incoming traffic isn't allowed into the port until a certain time.

I'm reading my way through this thread... but I have a question

We're going to be taking the train (not auto train) into Orlando, and need to get from the train station to a Disney resort, to the port and back to the train...

I'm afraid a towncar for 3 of us, and ALL of our luggage, would be too small.

What alternatives do we have? Don't think I want to rent a car - don't want the hassle of returning it at either end.