Cutting it Close

Sonchyne4U

Would we have enough time if our flight arrived at the Orlando airport at 3:05 p.m. and the ships leaves port at 4:30? I know it is cutting it close, but the price is soooo good. How long does it take to get from the airport to the port?

No way would I do that. Takes about an hour to get there once you are on the road. There are few tolls and those back up sometimes and never know if there is an accident or if your flight is delayed a little.

Would we have enough time if our flight arrived at the Orlando airport at 3:05 p.m. and the ships leaves port at 4:30? I know it is cutting it close, but the price is soooo good. How long does it take to get from the airport to the port?

Considering that, if on time, this flight would land 5 minutes after you need to be checked in for your cruise, then no, you don't have time.

As I usually say when someone asks these sort of questions: there's a reason it's that much cheaper.

We usually fly in the day before but the last cruise, we decided to fly down the day of the cruise. Well, after we got up in the air, someone started to have chest pains and they were looking for a doctor on the plane. I thought for sure we were going to land somewhere else to let the passenger off but we were able to make it. After that, I always will go in the day before if at all possible.

I'm really trying to save as much money as possible on this cruise. The cheaper the better. This was one that was not planned, just reconnected with some old friends and then wanted us to join them, so we said ok. We have a Greek Isles cruise booked in October and that is the one that is going to cost us a few bucks, so trying to cut costs on this one. Not cheap....just conservative!

It better be a good price, because you are going to get a great view of what it looks like when the ship leaves without you.

Make sure you have your camera handy so you can get some good pictures of the ship leaving. Then please share the pictures with us.

I'm really trying to save as much money as possible on this cruise. The cheaper the better. This was one that was not planned, just reconnected with some old friends and then wanted us to join them, so we said ok. We have a Greek Isles cruise booked in October and that is the one that is going to cost us a few bucks, so trying to cut costs on this one. Not cheap....just conservative!

I hear ya. Believe me, I'm Queen of the cheapskates here. But you have to be realistic too. As I've already stated, this flight is an impossibility - you have to be checked in by 3pm, this is a legal requirement.

What are your dates and airport? Sometimes, you can work the airport possibilities, and being flexible WRT connections can also save.

This is definitely out of the question. I really thought it was, but thought maybe some of you smarter people knew something I didn't. I'll go back to the drawing board and now must decide whether to drive or pay a little more to fly. It is only about a 9-1/2 hour drive, but my husband gripes the entire time he is driving and I just don't want to hear him. We would have to drive my sporty car and he just doesn't have enough room to stretch his legs. He's just getting old and grumpy. Once I find out how much RCCL charges for transfers from the airport, that will make my decision a little easier. Waiting to hear from my TA. Thanks for all your help.

Teresa

I would read your cruise contract to see when you need to be on board. The cruiseline needs to submit a manifest to Homeland security either 1 1/2 or 2 hours prior to the ship leaving port. That flight wouldn't even land prior to when you need to be on the ship. If you aren't coming in the day before, I wouldn't want to land in Orlando any later than noon on the day of the cruise.

Good luck!:)

This is definitely out of the question. I really thought it was, but thought maybe some of you smarter people knew something I didn't. I'll go back to the drawing board and now must decide whether to drive or pay a little more to fly. It is only about a 9-1/2 hour drive, but my husband gripes the entire time he is driving and I just don't want to hear him.

Teresa

That is what ear plugs and iPods are for. :)

Archived