Upgrades possible from TA?

VeggieCruzer

If I booked through a TA am I able to get any upgrades (like OBC) if they are offered by Carnival closer to my sailing date?

I watched the same cruise last year and noticed that they started offering OBC of around $120 pp per cabin (up to 2 people) a couple of months before the cruise. I don't recall what the price of the cruise was at that time. If the price is the same (or higher) can I still get the OBC?

TIA

Your overall price would have to be higher than the bottom line, after subtracting the OBC from the price. ... and you would have to be booked early saver, and the TA would have to have a policy of getting you lower prices without charging you a penalty fee to offset the drop.

Too many ifs.

We just asked our TA and received an upgrade for $62 total, I think that there is no harm in asking and if the ship isn't fully booked why wouldn't they give you an upgrade!? But I'm sure there will be a charge. Nothing ventured nothing gained :) Hope all goes well, happy sailing :)

If I booked through a TA am I able to get any upgrades (like OBC) if they are offered by Carnival closer to my sailing date?

I watched the same cruise last year and noticed that they started offering OBC of around $120 pp per cabin (up to 2 people) a couple of months before the cruise. I don't recall what the price of the cruise was at that time. If the price is the same (or higher) can I still get the OBC?

TIA

We called our TA to find out if the prices went down . We were in a 9a non wrap balcony and she called back with an free upgrade to a suite. So it doesn't hurt to ask.

Archived