Info needed Nanaimo 4/30/10

Hahaha! That's pretty cool, Dennis. But only one?!:( We actually got the recipe from a little shop by the water, but they just didn't turn out quite the same. Maybe they purposely left out an ingredient!

Enjoy the games. Do they always follow in the footsteps of the Olympics so they can use the same venue? (That would make sense.) Do you know if they being televised? I would love to watch some of the events.

Since back in the 1990's the two Games have been held in tandem - they can be marketed to both the public and advertisers as one - don't know about the TV in the States but NBC would be the rights holder so perhaps they will provide some coverage - here in Canada - CTV, TSN and Rogers will be offering about 50 hours of coverage.

Ticket sales have been very good for the Para Games - some of it is the lingering hangover effect here in Vancouver but for the First time VANOC - the organizing committee - promoted both games right from the outset and then there will of course be a gold medal in sledge hockey for the Canadians.

A different type of challenge for some of the athletes today - getting around in the snow - it took awhile to get the walkways cleared of snow but I was told that some of them actually have skins that they put on there wheels to get better traction.

Getting late almost time for bed and the office will be closing shortly.

Will post some pictures when I get around to using my netbook to post instead of the ones in our office.

Cheers

Dennis

Archived