EdenRock Diving Grand Cayman

mermaid40

Has anyone done a shore dive with Edenrock Diving in Grand Cayman? Was there a lot of fish, and how was the dive operator and equipment? We will be taking our regs but will rent everything else. Any information would be helpful and we would greatly appreciate it.

Also we have some non-divers with us, is there a beach or anything near by such as stores, restaurants, etc.

And do we need reservations??

Thank so much!

I do not dive. But I have snorkeled at Eden Rock and there were tons of fish. Some were as big as 3-4 feet. They rent snorkel equipment right there for $12.00 complete for your non-diving friends. Right at Eden Rock there is a nice beach bar/restaurant. The drinks were really good, lots of exotic choices. The food also looked really good. There is also a SMALL beach with lounge chairs. The shopping is right there too. Hope this helps. If you have more questions feel free to email me at: joeyancho@yahoo.com

I'm also interested in learning more about Eden Rock. I am looking into doing the discover scuba dive with them as the underwater caverns and rock formations look intriguing. Has anyone done the discover scuba with them? or even just scuba dived that area? I would love to hear what it was like.

Mermaid40...I emailed them to get information about the discover scuba and they replied quickly and answered all my questions. If you don't have their website I'd be happy to put the link in here.

foreverhis_mdh

Rhapsody of the Seas

March 13-20, 2005

I have dove with Eden Rock. Eden Rock's greatest asset is that it is within walking distance of the port. Just turn right when you get to land and you can be there in 5 minutes. They are a good operation, nothing really outstanding.

I have dove with them off their boat. It was okay. They took us to a reef and a small yacht wreck, mainly because they were close. I did not get the impression they picked good sites, but just picked close sites.

They do have snorkling and diving right at their shop. That too is fine. They have some swim throughs which were fun.

I dive a great deal and really wanted to do some wall dives. I expected a lot from what I had heard about GC diving. If you are new or just looking for a quick dive, something close and easy....than this is the place.

I was their the beginning of December. The reef has had some damage and all the fish had not returned yet. (but overall not to bad) That was my 3rd time diving there. I rented 2 tanks, weights, belt and a locker for under $20.00. Eden rock dive centre is the blue building about a 5 minute walk from the tenders.

Archived