Land Acommodation?

chalky_bertie

Any recommendations would be helpful as we are finding it very difficult to make a decision. Looked at Traveladvisor.com and some of the hotels seem to be dreadful when you read the reviews so we are getting very confused. Will have a car as soon as we land in Anchorage but would like a hotel / B&B downtown if possible.

Please help as I don't want to spend £100 on a dump and it ruining the start of my hols!!!!

thanks again

joe

I used to live in Alaska and have travelled to Anchorage many times. The last time I was there was this past May/ beginning of June. Decided to use Priceline and got a room at the Sheraton for $45 night. It's located downtown and fairly convenient to everything as long as you have a car. Another place I've used a lot is the Best Western Barrett over by the airport. They have a variety of different types of accomidations at several different price levels. From mid-May to mid-Sept. prices seem to be fairly high. I would try Priceline though. I had used them before in Anchorage and stayed at the Holiday Inn.

I have lived in Anchorage for about 10 years now, so I would recommend you stay downtown. You will not go wrong staying at a well known chain, ie Hilton Shereton, Clarion etc. The BB's will be a crap shoot, There's no sure way to tell. My preference would be the Captain cook hotel, or the Hilton. Great location, but Pricey. Just try to get a room in "Downtown". There is plenty to do and see there without having to drive. If you stay out of downtown, you will end up driving there anyway, so why not make it a little easier.

Damion in Alaska

I used to live in Alaska and have travelled to Anchorage many times. The last time I was there was this past May/ beginning of June. Decided to use Priceline and got a room at the Sheraton for $45 night. It's located downtown and fairly convenient to everything as long as you have a car. Another place I've used a lot is the Best Western Barrett over by the airport. They have a variety of different types of accomidations at several different price levels. From mid-May to mid-Sept. prices seem to be fairly high. I would try Priceline though. I had used them before in Anchorage and stayed at the Holiday Inn.

Capeboy96,

Do you remember what star rating the Sheraton was on Priceline?

Cathy

Archived