Which suit?

mehitabel

Which suit should I choose?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which suit should I choose?

• The first one (short-sleeved)
    • The second one (long-sleeved)

I've narrowed my swimsuit choices down to this one and this one.

I feel more drawn to the long-sleeved one for some reason, maybe because my upper body burns more easily, but I like them both. They both have support sewn into them so I wouldn't have to wear another bathing suit or sportsbra underneath. Whichever one I choose, I plan to pull a skirt on over it so I don't have to change into it during an excursion.

Any advice or hints from women who have actually worn these types of bathing suits would be appreciated, too. A friend of mine said that her kids wore these kinds of suits years ago and had chafing issues, but I'm hoping the fabrics and sewing techniques are better now. Thanks for the help!

Hi, I like the short sleeved one, but, how easy is this going to be to get off when you need to use the rest room? Especially on excursions, where there may be limited room and cleanliness to deal with? Not sure I'd go the one piece route for that reason.

Of course I'm old, and need a "rest" break more often than some.

Have fun,

They book look very warm to me, but if you want to wear a full body suit then I think I prefer the short sleeved one.

Are you primarily concerned about sun exposure? If so, an alternative may be a UV protectant over shirt. I had one for several years and it did help - and it did breathe really well. This picture is similar to the shirt I had.

COVERUP-SE-440-2T.jpg

I' with mehitabel I think it might not be that easy to get in/out of in a restroom. The site for the short sleve one shows both shorts and tops that have the same protection, if it were me I would go that route.

But of the 2 I do prefer the first short sleeve on.

I am concerned with sun exposure, and I've been swimming in men's shirts and t-shirts over bathing suits for years now--I'm just fed up with how all the extra fabric drags in the water. I do have a rash guard and board shorts to wear, but I like the look of these suits and I'd like to try one.

just adding my two cents since it is different than everyone else. I really like the look of the second long sleeve one but it would be better if it had the short sleeves. To me the first one looks more like just an abbreviated dive suit while the other is has a younger fun style to it. I would probably buy the black and have the sleeves shortened.

HTH

Laine

just adding my two cents since it is different than everyone else. I really like the look of the second long sleeve one but it would be better if it had the short sleeves. To me the first one looks more like just an abbreviated dive suit while the other is has a younger fun style to it. I would probably buy the black and have the sleeves shortened.

HTH

Laine

I agree.. except.. I like the long sleeves. But both are cute. :)

The first one will give you a Hank Hill suntan.

The second one, why even go out in the sun.

I like being in the sun, doing outdoor activities. I don't like exposing too much of myself, either to other people's eyes (except my husband's) or to the sun, as I burn very easily and badly. Whichever suit I choose will be accompanied with plenty of sunscreen, so hopefully I'll avoid the Hank Hill look!

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

I like being in the sun, doing outdoor activities. I don't like exposing too much of myself, either to other people's eyes (except my husband's) or to the sun, as I burn very easily and badly. Whichever suit I choose will be accompanied with plenty of sunscreen, so hopefully I'll avoid the Hank Hill look!

Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Don't forget to put the sun screen on about 20 minutes BEFORE you go out in the sun.:)

The long sleeve one has very short legs. Always harder to get sunscreen on the back of your legs up the top.

At least with the short sleeve one you can control the sunscreen on your arms better.

I no how you feel as I am very fair and also love being in the water.

Archived