Which deck do you enter when boarding?

mehitabel

I'm asking about the Jewel specifically, but anyone else is welcome to jump in and ask about their ship, too.

Upon the first embarkation, where do you end up on the ship once you leave the port area and gangway/walkway? I like to have my bearings as soon as possible!

I'm asking about the Jewel specifically, but anyone else is welcome to jump in and ask about their ship, too.

Upon the first embarkation, where do you end up on the ship once you leave the port area and gangway/walkway? I like to have my bearings as soon as possible!

If boarding is done on Jewel like it is on Radiance, her sister, you will be embarking on Deck 4 in the Centrum area which is the center of the ship.

Wow, why the need to get your bearings so fast? Outside every elevator a sign has the deck and ship location on a map.

Once we board we head for lunch then do a Walk About as I call it, or scout the ship. Sailing on Radiance Class ships before we know their layout, but its fun while waiting to disembark, to explore, take pictures and enjoy the moment knowing your finally onboard.

We do the same thing! We like to board as early as possible so we can be "on vacation" right away :D and to have a chance to explore every part of the ship before it gets crowded.

We're just off the Jewel. Embarkation the first day is on Deck 5, the Promenade. There isn't outside access on deck 4. In port, you get on and off on Deck 2.

When we boarded Radiance in November the gangway entered directly onto Deck 4.

You don't have to have an outside access (deck area) when embarking the ship. It all depends on where the gangway is directed to and this is also true when leaving/returning to the ship in various ports.

Archived