I feel so sorry for today's Rhapsody of the Seas passengers!

jldev

Glad you had a great holiday, we look forward to our cruise in April, cant wait !! Can you tell me if VB beer was available on board? I am hearing conflicting reports, tho when I spoke to people from Royal, they did say yes it was. Cheers

Hey bonniesmum - we were on Rhapsody for its return to the northern hemisphere last April. Good news is that, yes they had VB on board. Bad news is that it ran out!!! I believe RCI have taken this on board since and made sure their supplies are upped!

On the issue of thermals - well it depends on how cold cold is! 12 deg C is cold to me and I would need thermals. As I am originally from England I am qualified on how cold cold can be - if you get my drift.

In other words - make a decision on what your level of comfort is in whatever the temperature is. So layers, yes, thermals if you think they could be necessary.

Just watched Rhapsody sail past our bay,

and she looked lovely.

Calm seas and bathed in sunshine.

Isn't it wonderful to be in a city where you can re-visit the good times! Spent a wonderful evening in The Rocks last week and Rhapsody blew her horn and sailed off while we were there - bliss on a balmy Sydney evening.

Sorry if I implied thermals by my comparison to Sept in Alaska. Sept in Alaska is the rainiest month and was around 10C both Septembers we were there. Someone had told me to buy Cuddl Duds for AK and I never used them. It was chilly by SoCal comparison but definitely not that cold. The thermals are now for sale on eBay.;)

Sorry if I implied thermals by my comparison to Sept in Alaska. Sept in Alaska is the rainiest month and was around 10C both Septembers we were there. Someone had told me to buy Cuddl Duds for AK and I never used them. It was chilly by SoCal comparison but definitely not that cold. The thermals are now for sale on eBay.;)

Guess you were lucky, as it snowed when we visited Alaska in mid September. We met a German couple in a motorhome, who were cutting their Alaskan holiday short, due to clothing inappropriate for the weather conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the 7th Jan sailing, and yes Wellington was cold, we did the seal coast safari, the weather certainly added to the experience we had the most fantastic day! Being British, we probably didn't feel as cold as most of the Aussie passengers.

I can confirm that VB beer was available onboard, had a few myself:D, never heard of them running out, mind you I was probably drinking the cocktails by then:D

Jo

We were on the 7th Jan sailing, and yes Wellington was cold, we did the seal coast safari, the weather certainly added to the experience we had the most fantastic day! Being British, we probably didn't feel as cold as most of the Aussie passengers.

I can confirm that VB beer was available onboard, had a few myself:D, never heard of them running out, mind you I was probably drinking the cocktails by then:D

Jo

Hi Jo,

Glad to hear you had a great time. How was it meeting up with everyone. We leave for our NZ cruise next Saturday.... Counting down:D So please tell - how cold was it on the South Island. Will a skivvy and thick jumper be enough. Did you do the dolphin swim with your daughter? If so how was it?

Was the ship nice? How was the cabins and what about the food lol sorry about the questions, we have booked to go on her next February so would love to get your feedback. Also fill me in on anything you think i may need to know about NZ.

Thanks Jo

Shelley:)

Hi Jo,

Glad to hear you had a great time. How was it meeting up with everyone. We leave for our NZ cruise next Saturday.... Counting down:D So please tell - how cold was it on the South Island. Will a skivvy and thick jumper be enough. Did you do the dolphin swim with your daughter? If so how was it?

Was the ship nice? How was the cabins and what about the food lol sorry about the questions, we have booked to go on her next February so would love to get your feedback. Also fill me in on anything you think i may need to know about NZ.

Thanks Jo

Shelley:)

Hi Shelley,

We did have a fab time, the ship is lovely, food was great, lots of choice and great service in the main dining room. The salad bar in the main dining room on sea days was fab. We had outside cabin, it wasn't huge, but big enough for the 3 of us, to be honest we were hardly in it. We had cold weather in south Island, being Brits we probably didn't feel it as much as some of the others, your weather should be much better, Feb is the best month or so I have heard for the summer weather, I reckon you will be fine if you have a warm sweater or cardy with you, maybe a lightweight rain jacket. We didn't do the dolphin swim, we cancelled due to worrying about not making it back to the ship on time, as it happened we ended up being 3 hours late into Paihia so we wouldn't have made it to the trip on time! We booked Parasailing at the wharf which was fantastic! great views from high up! The seal coast safari in Wellington was fantastic too, the rough weather added to the experience that day. We had rough seas coming back from New Zealand, have your seasick pills handy just in case, but all round we had the holiday of a lifetime, shame we had to come home. Feel free to email me any questions anytime

Enjoy your cruise

Jo:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived