CHIME IN! RCI/CCL's MDR Food is better BECAUSE:

mtchg

Carnival for the MDR and RCI for the Windjammer.

One thing I remember on the Carnival Lido deck was the Paella, loaded with clams, crayfish and chicken, just outstanding. Other then that I didn't care for the buffet on Carnival.

Breakfast and lunch on both was good in the MDR.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off Grandeur after 3yrs on Carnival. We were very impressed with RC food. The prime rib in Winjammer and MDR were way better than any on Carnival. We kept telling each other this is better than Carnival each time we ate.Doesn't mean we are going to change to RC. We love the Tampa port and being able to stay in the area visiting family. RC doesn't have enough cruises out of Tampa so we often cruise Inspiration and Legend and enjoy them all.

The Radiance of the Seas is coming to Tampa!

I can't really give my opinion about the food from RCI for another two weeks or so, but the warm chocolate melting cake, when cooked to the proper doneness, (not a real word, but it works) is to die for, and the turkey sandwich from the deli is great. Looking at the menu for a 7 night cruise on RCI, I see some promising choices.

I've been on 3 HAL and 1 CCL cruise. With each HAL cruise the food quality seemed to slip a little, but still pretty good. Then came CCL Conquest...I really thought it was bad. Now I'm booked on the Voyager in a couple of weeks and am hearing that CCL is better to many of you. Whew! Should I bring snacks?

My thoughts about the Conquest...

Breakfast - school lunch room buffet, better in the MDR

Lunch - buffet food represented a different country each day, but tasted and looked the same. MDR was pretty good.

Dinner - only ate in MDR, and thought the selection was lacking. Chicken, fish, fish, veg, pasta, beef. Creamy meant cream of mushroom.

Room Service - ordered veggie plate and the little sticks and sprigs of veggies were FROZEN together. Didn't order again.

Will hopefully have a better food story to tell upon returning from the Voyager. :)

Archived