Dining in Eze

maidut

Can anyone recommend a nice place to eat lunch in Eze that has a wonderful view and does not cost a small fortune Thanks!

Below are my notes on Eze and why we like it so much. You want it all, right? Great food, wonderful views and not that costly? We ate at the Château Eza. Its website: http://www.chateauezarestaurant.com. It's not cheap, but lunch is more affordable than dinner and the views are totally to die for. It's like sitting in heaven.

Need cheaper?: Grab your lunch at one of the many bakeries/boulangerie/patisserie shops. Most are very cute and wonderful. Great breads! Get a sandwich, pastry, drink. Maybe some cheese. Other nice fresh things. Maybe spend only $4-5-6-7 a person. Eat in a park area or bench in Eze. Like a little picnic!

Here are my notes on this great place:

EZE COASTAL SUGGESTION: The old village of Eze, along the coast between Nice and Monaco, hangs up in the mountains above the water and crowds. It's wonderful to visit. Great, great views! Totally charming! Have lunch or dinner there at one of the two great eating places and feel like you're sitting on the edge of paradise! At 1,407 feet above the Mediterranean, Eze offers commanding views of cliffs, sea, sprawling estates and off-shore islands. The village's narrow streets or more really paths among the buildings lead to the Jardin Exotique It is a maze of paths flanked by mammoth flowering plants and spiky cactuses. For about $3, you can walk up to the best view on the French Riviera. On a clear day, you can see Corsica! It does not get much better than Eze. Their tourism office:

http://www.eze-riviera.com

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

thanks for the great ideas. They both sound great...a picnic with local cuisine or a lunch in heaven... I think we may play it by ear and see how the day unfolds :)

Great way to summarize things. You've got options. For food in France, most all of the potentials are very, very good.

TLC Ohio,

We are planning on doing Eze from Monte Carlo in May. I read about a small creperie called "Le Cactus" which supposedly has a beautiful view. Have you had any experience with this cafe? Also, would you recommend walking to the "top" of Eze? If so, how difficult is it? Thanks for your help! :)

Below are my notes on Eze and why we like it so much. You want it all, right? Great food, wonderful views and not that costly? We ate at the Château Eza. Its website: www.chateauezarestaurant.com. It's not cheap, but lunch is more affordable than dinner and the views are totally to die for. It's like sitting in heaven.

We stopped at Chateau Eza for a drink in October - here's a pic.

193567996_ChateauEza.jpg.9db19a52a160cc3e79d61465014de47f.jpg

TLC Ohio, We are planning on doing Eze from Monte Carlo in May. I read about a small creperie called "Le Cactus" which supposedly has a beautiful view. Have you had any experience with this cafe? Also, would you recommend walking to the "top" of Eze? If so, how difficult is it? Thanks for your help! :)

Did walk up to the top, high park in Eze. Don't remember "Le Cactus" as a dining place. Sorry!

The park and walk up there and down offered lots of nice and different views, angles, etc. Very interesting! The gardens are based on cactus, which is not my personal favorite. It depends on what you like and enjoy seeing in a garden. It takes a little effort to walk up there. I wouldn't call it hugely difficult, but it depends on your own personal age and physical situation. I'd go for it. Be patient as you go up. I found it to be of interest and value. Also, there's lots to see with the different buildings, etc. It's nice do this walk up as there are not cars and trucks and motor scooters in Eze. Very personal in its scale and a wide variety of things to see and experience.

• 2 weeks later...
TLC Ohio,

We are planning on doing Eze from Monte Carlo in May. I read about a small creperie called "Le Cactus" which supposedly has a beautiful view. Have you had any experience with this cafe? Also, would you recommend walking to the "top" of Eze? If so, how difficult is it? Thanks for your help! :)

We ate at the outdoor cafe - Le Cactus while on our private tour. We enjoyed being outdoors in this medieval village. It was moderately priced and we enjoyed crepes and wine!! You do need to walk a few feet to the wall to see the view below & beyond which is spectacular. There is so much to see around you - vines climbing on the ancient walls, cobblestone walkways. There are many little shops to explore in this area.

Yes -- walk up the stone stairs to the top of the village --- that is where the restaurant is. Take your time if you have trouble with stairs.

Eze was a highlight for us. Enjoy your trip there.

We ate at the outdoor cafe - Le Cactus while on our private tour. We enjoyed being outdoors in this medieval village. It was moderately priced and we enjoyed crepes and wine!! You do need to walk a few feet to the wall to see the view below & beyond which is spectacular. There is so much to see around you - vines climbing on the ancient walls, cobblestone walkways. There are many little shops to explore in this area.

Yes -- walk up the stone stairs to the top of the village --- that is where the restaurant is. Take your time if you have trouble with stairs.

Eze was a highlight for us. Enjoy your trip there.

Great report on your success and love for Eze! It is not the kind of place to rush in, say you were there and rush out. Take some time, enjoy Eze and its great charms and views. It is like a touch of "HEAVEN ON EARTH!".

• 2 weeks later...

Great ideas so far! We were there in 2008, and bought great picnic fixings (meat/cheese/baguette/pastries) from the small supermarket on the main road just to the west of the old village--including a 4-pack of those small bottles of red wine. We ate it sitting on the low wall just a bit further on. What sun! What a view!

Enjoy your travels!

Kevin

Archived