backpacks allowed in Accademia Florence

pschweig

I saw a 2006 post on virtual tourist dot com stating backpacks were not allowed in the Accademia in Florence. It also warned that there was no place to leave your backpacks. I searched the cruise critic forum to see if this question was addressed on any recent posts and could not find it. Does anyone know what the backpack policy is at the Accademia as of 2010? Thank you in advance for answering my question.

The Uffizi Gallery does not allow umbrellas, large bags or backpacks inside. They have a place near the entrance to check bags. However, I don't remember if the Accademia Gallery has the same requirements. I suspect it does. You also should get tickets in advance. E-mail them about the backpack requirements.

GalleriaAccademia@polomuseale.firenze.it

The Uffizi Gallery does not allow umbrellas, large bags or backpacks inside. They have a place near the entrance to check bags. However, I don't remember if the Accademia Gallery has the same requirements. I suspect it does. You also should get tickets in advance. E-mail them about the backpack requirements.

GalleriaAccademia@polomuseale.firenze.it

Almost all of the museums have the same requirements. No large bags or backpacks, no photographs, etc.

Archived