PLEASE...straight answer about Aruba!

We leave in 27 days for the southern caribbean....can't wait.....but we want to go to Palm beach in Aruba,but where can we go and rent chairs,get drinks,etc? I have heard so many "you can go here,your not allowed there"[on Palm beach]. Can someone give me a straight answer. Thanks, Bertz

I sometimes get confused between Palm and Eagle beach in Aruba, but both are beautiful and not a long ride from the pier. The last time we were in Aruba (last October) we had a cabbie drive us to the beach in front of La Cabana. Chair rental was $5 for the day and the beach was very nice. We have also gone to a beach further along, near the Hyatt and enjoyed a similar experience. If I were you, I would ask a taxi driver to take me to a spot where I can use the beach and rent chairs, floats etc. The cruiseline also offers beach excursions, but they are, IMHO, much more expensive than what you can do on your own. Remember that in the Caribbean, most if not all, of the beaches are public not private.

Having been to Aruba 10 times, the most popular place that I see cruisers go is Palm Beach at Mooba's.....they chairs that you can rent and cocktails to buy and often have a water trampoline in the water that you can use. Hope that helps! P>S. you need to bring your own towels from the cruise line...P>S.S.....Palm beach is public and opened to anyone without fee. It's finding the right spot to go. Hope this helps.

After departing our first cruise in Aruba, we spent an additional week at La Cabana which is on Eagle Beach. All the beaches in Aruba are public although the access to them may not be. Any taxi driver would be able to tell you which hotels are willing to rent loungers.

Beth

Archived