Elite Michaels Club ?s

Amagamma

Jack, lets face it every cabin category, unless you are the crew, is above inside. In case you didn't know, on Celebrity, only certain veranda cabins starting with CC earn an extra point, and there are many, many levels of cabin category on an X ship between inside and extra credit opportunities.

Hopefully this clarifies the facts.

Just to make it more clear:

You accrue credits per sailing:

• 1 credit for sailing on Celebrity or Azmara
  • 1 additional credit for cruises 12 days or more
  • 1 additional credit for sailing in AquaClass, Conceirge Class or a Suite

So you can total 3 credits for one cruise. This is from the =X= website and this url may or may not work:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000lVlWwZajsm5JQK9KUs_VT_t:12hdebdrn?pagename=membership_benefits

Keep in mind that cruises prior to the formation of Captains Club (Classic Member points) may not be eligible for the additional 2 credits. For example, a cruise in a suite on a 14 day cruise might only count for 1 point vs. 3. It all depends on who you talk to.

Everyone in the stateroom will be invited to all Elite member social events (as long as they are of age). Separate cards are issued for the "Michaels Club" breakfast and social hours (I quote that because many like us have experienced that the 4-6 cocktail hour is hosted somewhere else because of capacity). I would guess that all would be invited to things like bridge tours, ... as well.

What you only get on a per Elite basis is the coupon book (actually coupon page) for free internet, laundry, and some discounts. So if you only have one in your stateroom you get one, two cruisers get 2 ...

Hope this helps.

Just to make it more clear:

You accrue credits per sailing:

• 1 credit for sailing on Celebrity or Azmara
  • 1 additional credit for cruises 12 days or more
  • 1 additional credit for sailing in AquaClass, Conceirge Class or a Suite

So you can total 3 credits for one cruise. This is from the =X= website and this url may or may not work:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=0000lVlWwZajsm5JQK9KUs_VT_t:12hdebdrn?pagename=membership_benefits

Keep in mind that cruises prior to the formation of Captains Club (Classic Member points) may not be eligible for the additional 2 credits. For example, a cruise in a suite on a 14 day cruise might only count for 1 point vs. 3. It all depends on who you talk to.

Everyone in the stateroom will be invited to all Elite member social events (as long as they are of age). Separate cards are issued for the "Michaels Club" breakfast and social hours (I quote that because many like us have experienced that the 4-6 cocktail hour is hosted somewhere else because of capacity). I would guess that all would be invited to things like bridge tours, ... as well.

What you only get on a per Elite basis is the coupon book (actually coupon page) for free internet, laundry, and some discounts. So if you only have one in your stateroom you get one, two cruisers get 2 ...

Hope this helps.

Very interesting. As I understand your comments. both parties would have to be in the same cabin for them to both share in the elite benefits, if only one was elite. As I recall from our Equinox cruise last month, the wife and I both received a blue seapass card for AQ, and we each received a separate card for Michaels etc. However, had we been in separate cabins, it would appear that only the elite person could share in those benefits. And, that would appear to be fair.

Just see the Captain's Club Hostess. It's not your key card that gets you into the Elite breakfast/evening happy hour area. They give you a special separate card. On my last cruise my wife was elite and I was not. The Captain's Club Hostess on our request gave us an extra card to enter the happy hour areas. Boy, was I a lucky guy.:)

Thanks

This is exactly our situation.

Im Elite due to the fact I have cruised without my wife on some family cruises.

I did end up calling Captain Club desk and they had now promoted my wife to my LEvel due to the fact we are married and live in the same address.

They also extended my son who has been in 4 Celebrity cruises.

MY Daugther has to wait until she completes at least one Celebrity cruise before being added to captains club.

Thanks

Ed

Archived