Elite Michaels Club ?s

Amagamma

on the recent holiday Equinox cruise I had put on the mid-cruise suggestion card that I would appreciate some butter and jam in Michael's Club...and the next day they were there!!

Re the Sky Lounge in the late afternoon...our waiter was excellent...always attentive, remembered us and our drink orders, and was there and we did tip him at the end of the cruise. He was assigned other duties during the day (per his information) but was there, at 4 o'clock, ready to help us, with a smile on his face, we enjoyed the time together with other Elite/CC members. Dress??? Everything from soup to nuts!!! Passengers just back from an excursion to those dressed for dinner...all in the same venue...and having a wonderful time. To me...I'm not that concerned about what other people wear...except...I do have to agree...the bath-robe in the buffet has GOT TO GO!!! :rolleyes: LuAnn

The bath-robe in the buffet is for hicks only.

We were on Infinity in Sept and NO ONE wore shorts to the Michael's Club. No bathing suits with coverups. Nice capris and tops were acceptable. Any kind of drink you can imagine and unlimited. Very nice. Lots of canapes but we didn't have any.

Suggest you tip the servers. I understand that they are servers that work in the Celebrity Theatre and volunteer to work the cocktail hour so they only make what we tip them. Our cruise was 16 days. We had 2 servers. We tipped each one $20 during the first week and $20 each during the 2nd week. Getting complimentary drinks each evening sure saved us on our liquor bill so why not take care of the servers right?

We also had late seating. Most nights were casual wear. Late seating shows were at 7 p.m. so we usually went to the Michael's Club at 4:45 p.m. We had about 4 drinks each and then at 5:50 our server would bring us each another drink. 6:00 p.m. the servers left and we stayed socializing until 6:30 and then walked down to the Celebrity Theatre for the 7 p.m. show. Show got out at 8 p.m. so we then would walk to the Martini Lounge, have a drink and then the main dining room doors opened.

We also loved the laundry perks. (30 items EACH) Because our cruise was 2 weeks, AFTER the first week we each sent our dirty laundry to be washed. DH had two shirts pressed and I had 2 pairs of capris pressed. We also email home alot so having 90 min EACH FREE was nice.

Enjoy.

marlene marlenewendtch@sbcglobal.net

Hello. Do you know if at 6pm you can leave with your last drink or do all glasses have to stay in the lounge?

thank you

Claudette

It is great that Celebrity has added some significant perks to recognize their Elite customers.

However, especially in the Caribbean in great weather, it is a hassle to change out of shorts in the middle of the afternoon just to get a free drink at Michaels Club, especially if one is in the late dinner seating. I did a B2B recently on Solstice in the Caribbean, and Michaels was usually half empty.

4pm to 6pm works well for Main seating, or in a colder, less outdoors oriented passages such as the Baltic or Alaska. However, to be a real perk for all passengers, it should be from 5pm till 7pm.

Hello. Do you know if at 6pm you can leave with your last drink or do all glasses have to stay in the lounge?

thank you

Claudette

Drinks must not be taken out of the lounge. You do not have to leave at 6:00.

Sheila.

I am really looking forward to this perk when we cruise on Eclipse in July...

We are both Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal Caribbean independently of the reciprocity...It seems that Celebrity is improving in this area just as RC is cutting back...

When we cruised on Liberty of the Seas in 2007, we really enjoyed the Diamond Lounge...They have a dedicated lounge with a varied, if not quite full, bar as well as a buffet of appetizers and we showed up every night before our early seating dinner...They used to have a similar set-up on the Voyager class ships, so we were very happy when they moved the Mariner to the West Coast...

But, before we got to our recent Mariner cruise, they dropped the full bar for Diamond passengers in favor of a limited free wine and champagne and 25% off mixed drinks...and no appetizers...Still, we dropped by the lounge (they used the Dragon's Lair on Mariner) each evening at 5:00 for some wine...On a ship with over 3,000 passengers, they only had around 100 Diamond members...so, we never had more than about 25 people at one time in the lounge, usually only around 10-12...So, the service was absolutely special...sort of our personal club...

They had an official policy that you couldn't walk out with the drinks...but the concierge told us (wink, wink) that she would look the other way...On a few occasions, rather than rush to down our wine and get out to dinner, we merely took a glass of wine with us...

On the last evening of the cruise, we brought some cash to the lounge and tipped the staff there well...Think about it--We probably polished off about two glasses of wine a night each for 7 nights...So, about 28 glasses of wine! If we had ordered these at a regular bar, figuring $8 per glass (it was sort of house red or white), that would have been about $224...the regular 15% tip would have come to $33.60...and the service, as I said, was incredible...I gave $40 to the concierge with the instructions it be shared among the staff...(I am assuming it was--I gave it to her in front of two of the bar waiters)...

Anyway, based on those experiences, I am really looking forward to the Elite lounge at Michael's on the Eclipse...

Can anyone speak to how well attended the cocktail hour is?

I am really looking forward to this perk when we cruise on Eclipse in July...

We are both Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on Royal Caribbean independently of the reciprocity...It seems that Celebrity is improving in this area just as RC is cutting back...

When we cruised on Liberty of the Seas in 2007, we really enjoyed the Diamond Lounge...They have a dedicated lounge with a varied, if not quite full, bar as well as a buffet of appetizers and we showed up every night before our early seating dinner...They used to have a similar set-up on the Voyager class ships, so we were very happy when they moved the Mariner to the West Coast...

But, before we got to our recent Mariner cruise, they dropped the full bar for Diamond passengers in favor of a limited free wine and champagne and 25% off mixed drinks...and no appetizers...Still, we dropped by the lounge (they used the Dragon's Lair on Mariner) each evening at 5:00 for some wine...On a ship with over 3,000 passengers, they only had around 100 Diamond members...so, we never had more than about 25 people at one time in the lounge, usually only around 10-12...So, the service was absolutely special...sort of our personal club...

They had an official policy that you couldn't walk out with the drinks...but the concierge told us (wink, wink) that she would look the other way...On a few occasions, rather than rush to down our wine and get out to dinner, we merely took a glass of wine with us...

On the last evening of the cruise, we brought some cash to the lounge and tipped the staff there well...Think about it--We probably polished off about two glasses of wine a night each for 7 nights...So, about 28 glasses of wine! If we had ordered these at a regular bar, figuring $8 per glass (it was sort of house red or white), that would have been about $224...the regular 15% tip would have come to $33.60...and the service, as I said, was incredible...I gave $40 to the concierge with the instructions it be shared among the staff...(I am assuming it was--I gave it to her in front of two of the bar waiters)...

Anyway, based on those experiences, I am really looking forward to the Elite lounge at Michael's on the Eclipse...

Can anyone speak to how well attended the cocktail hour is?

On the Solstice 1/10 it was full,one or two chairs open at 5:00. A lot of people were there from 4:00 to 6:00,a few drifters in and out.Last formal night was the most crowded, standing room.We tipped each night.

Yes, they request (here we go with rules - guidelines - requests - suggestions) you not to take drinks out of the Club/lounge. But since we are adults, use common sense. On our E Med cruise, the Elite Happy Hr was very popular and sitting was a challenge. A few times, we'd take our drinks out into the lounge outside Michaels. And when our waiter asked us if we wanted another wine very near the end of the event, I said we'd not have time to finish it before going to dinner - he got us drinks and told us to take them with us. I know - he didn't have 'permission' to tell us to ignore the rules and he'll be damned forever as we will for taking them out and up to dinner. But he did, we did and all is well.

As to the hrs, this has been discussed many, many times when this was first announced. Any other time cuts the Main dinners out of at least 1/2 the time, making it later ties up Michaels later for the entire ship, and so on. I'm sure the Late Dinners will overcome the hassle of changing out of swim suits and shorts for the good of all others. The mix of Main Diner dress (especially on Formal Night) and Late Diner casual was neat. In fact, many Main Diners weren't dressed for dinner and would depart in time to do so.

It all works out and we all appreciate the added Elite benefits and can roll with it if it doesn't meet our exact plans/wishes. If it doesn't, don't use it and buy a drink at a bar when it fits your personal schedule as most of the ship does.

Denny

Yes, they request (here we go with rules - guidelines - requests - suggestions) you not to take drinks out of the Club/lounge. But since we are adults, use common sense. On our E Med cruise, the Elite Happy Hr was very popular and sitting was a challenge. A few times, we'd take our drinks out into the lounge outside Michaels. And when our waiter asked us if we wanted another wine very near the end of the event, I said we'd not have time to finish it before going to dinner - he got us drinks and told us to take them with us. I know - he didn't have 'permission' to tell us to ignore the rules and he'll be damned forever as we will for taking them out and up to dinner. But he did, we did and all is well.

As to the hrs, this has been discussed many, many times when this was first announced. Any other time cuts the Main dinners out of at least 1/2 the time, making it later ties up Michaels later for the entire ship, and so on. I'm sure the Late Dinners will overcome the hassle of changing out of swim suits and shorts for the good of all others. The mix of Main Diner dress (especially on Formal Night) and Late Diner casual was neat. In fact, many Main Diners weren't dressed for dinner and would depart in time to do so.

It all works out and we all appreciate the added Elite benefits and can roll with it if it doesn't meet our exact plans/wishes. If it doesn't, don't use it and buy a drink at a bar when it fits your personal schedule as most of the ship does.

Denny

Very good post and I totally agree with. Thank you Celebrity for all of the neat Elite perks.

I really wish they would extend the coctail hour till 7:00p.m. or 7:30 to accomodate late diners.

DMK - I just want to preface this by saying this is a great perk -- but I would suggest a Happy Hour for early seating 4:00 - 5:00PM and one between 7:00 - 8:00PM for the late diners. We are late diners too and this will cut into my pool/spa time.:p

DMK - I just want to preface this by saying this is a great perk -- but I would suggest a Happy Hour for early seating 4:00 - 5:00PM and one between 7:00 - 8:00PM for the late diners. We are late diners too and this will cut into my pool/spa time.:p

I totally agree. Or even have one before for early diners and one after dinner for late diners. My DH loves a good scotch and I a martini after dinner. This would be great say 4-6pm for early and 10-12 for late. I love the sun and usually am out by the pool then nap before dinner so the 4-6 will be tight. It is a new program so who knows. We love that X have offered this to us and will use it.

Hi:)

I like your idea better than mine.

Drinks must not be taken out of the lounge. You do not have to leave at 6:00.

Sheila.

Hmmm, where did you read this or get this information? We have always been allowed to take our drinks out of the room. At six, the wine drinkers are asked if they want one to go for the dining room. Royal Caribbean has a written policy for their Diamond and Conceirge Lounges that precludes carrying drinks out, but I have not seen such for Celebrity.

Hello

I am New Elite member, Just completed 10th cruise.

We will be going on Celebrity Summit.

My Wife and I have 2 cabins, One adult one child in each.

I am the only Elite member as my wife has not completed 10 cruises.

How strict are they with the Breakfast in Michael"s and the Happy hour?

Will my Key card have the Elite but hers will not?

Will we be able to have coffe & Drinks togueter or will I have to Grease the wheel?

Thanks

Ed

I would call in to the Capt's Club or send them a email concerning this situation. I know that with RC's Crown and Anchor Society all family members residing at the same residence or address are entitled to the same status level as the highest member. You wife and children may be able to get Elite status added to their membership based on your Elite status.

Hello

Will we be able to have coffe & Drinks togueter or will I have to Grease the wheel?

Thanks

Ed

Your cards will be labeled with the individuals status, so your and your wife's will differ. As an Elite member you will be able to bring a 'guest' with you, so you will be able to enjoy the benefit of Michael's with your wife.

Hello

Thanks

Ed

I'm sure you wife will be allowed. If there is any confusion about this on board then just talk to the Captains Club host/hostess once on board and they'll fix it. I couldn't imagine they'd not allow half of a couple!

Hello

Thanks

Ed

You should log onto Celebrity -- go to Captain's Club -- click on Not A Member Yet -- now enroll your wife and both children in the Cpatain's Club. Make sure their contact details are the same as yours. I would be very surprised if their status did not show as Elite.

Your cards will be labeled with the individuals status, so your and your wife's will differ. As an Elite member you will be able to bring a 'guest' with you, so you will be able to enjoy the benefit of Michael's with your wife.

on the Equinox holiday cruise. I believe it was stated in the Elite hand-out we received in our cabin at embarkation that you could bring your cabin-mate with you if they were not Elite. We also received a seperate card to bring to Michael's/Sky Lounge to show when you entered the venue. After several days you got to know the CC hostess and you didn't need to show the card any longer. LuAnn

Hello

Thanks

Ed

Have you just completed 10 cruises in inner cabins only? In the event that you and your wife have cruised in higher categories, then you both might already be elites.

By the way bigedwin, I never intended to demean your status. My inquiry was simply to assist you in ascertaining your potential elite status. Simply stated, if either you or your wife had cruised in categories above inner cabins, then both you and she might be elite or higher. As you may be aware, some folks believe that Celebrity may establish another category higher than elite, although this has not been confirmed as of this time. It is a sad situation when some few folks take umbrage at every little comment on these boards, even when they do not apply to them. It is just best to ignore said inviduals.

Hello

Thanks

Ed

Just see the Captain's Club Hostess. It's not your key card that gets you into the Elite breakfast/evening happy hour area. They give you a special separate card. On my last cruise my wife was elite and I was not. The Captain's Club Hostess on our request gave us an extra card to enter the happy hour areas. Boy, was I a lucky guy.:)

By the way bigedwin, I never intended to demean your status. My inquiry was simply to assist you in ascertaining your potential elite status. Simply stated, if either you or your wife had cruised in categories above inner cabins, then both you and she might be elite or higher. As you may be aware, some folks believe that Celebrity may establish another category higher than elite, although this has not been confirmed as of this time. It is a sad situation when some few folks take umbrage at every little comment on these boards, even when they do not apply to them. It is just best to ignore said inviduals.

Jack, lets face it every cabin category, unless you are the crew, is above inside. In case you didn't know, on Celebrity, only certain veranda cabins starting with CC earn an extra point, and there are many, many levels of cabin category on an X ship between inside and extra credit opportunities.

Hopefully this clarifies the facts.

Archived