Hi to everone,going on a first time cruise.

maryjo62

My problem is that i will need a hand held shower.My travel agent has assured me that i will have one.So i paid for my cruise on pacific sun which will be leaving in march 2010.While talking to some one recently,they asked if i had it in writing that there will be a hand held shower in my cabin.When i see my cabin and find,if there is no hand held shower,do you think the staff would put one on for me.Regards to everone from maryjo62.

My problem is that i will need a hand held shower.My travel agent has assured me that i will have one.So i paid for my cruise on pacific sun which will be leaving in march 2010.While talking to some one recently,they asked if i had it in writing that there will be a hand held shower in my cabin.When i see my cabin and find,if there is no hand held shower,do you think the staff would put one on for me.Regards to everone from maryjo62.

Do you have a handicap-accessible cabin? If so, it is indeed very likely that there will be a hand-held shower there.

If it's not an accessible cabin...then maybe not.

You can ask for one. If they have one, they'll be willing to put it in, but a cruise ship isn't like a land-based hotel where they can run down the street to a hardware store and buy one, bring it back and install it...

Thanks for the reply,i rang P and O and asked about the hand held shower.Told them my cabin number and deck,the girl put me on hold for a short time,then came back and told me my travel agent had requested that i have a hand held shower in my cabin. So i hope all will be ok.But wonder should i pack in a hand held shower.Will i get through customs with it though ?.

Thanks for the reply,i rang P and O and asked about the hand held shower.Told them my cabin number and deck,the girl put me on hold for a short time,then came back and told me my travel agent had requested that i have a hand held shower in my cabin. So i hope all will be ok.But wonder should i pack in a hand held shower.Will i get through customs with it though ?.

You can pack one on, there won't be an issue with customs....but why are you so troubled about this? You've gotten assurance that there will be one there. They've looked. There's a note. You can ask for one when you get on board.

I've been in situations before where I've been promised a hand-held shower and there wasn't one there...and I managed -- for 2 weeks -- to bathe at the sink, shampoo at the sink, etc., from my wheelchair. So it's not an IMPOSSIBLE situation...just challenging and more difficult.

If the only negative issue is not having a hand-held shower, you should have a great cruise, otherwise. RELAX. You're gonna be OK!!

Archived