Best Trip Protection for Cruise/Air/Medical

hartskys

On the TravelInsured website, when I click on "Worldwide Trip Protector" and then on the "Benefits" tab, it comes up as $500 Missed Connection, $1000 Baggage and Personal Effects and $25,000 medical Payout.

The numbers you quoted were for TravelInsured WW Trip Protector GOLD...that policy would have cost me $417 (vs. the $300 they quoted for the plain vanilla WW Trip Protector). So I guess I kinda got some of the benefits offered on the "GOLD" too.

I'm guessing that USAA negotiated a better deal with TravelInsured since they are offering it up to their membership; moreover, I guess USAA is passing along part (or all?) of their commission as a savings to their members.

It's well worth the time for USAA members to check out the TravelInsured plans offered up on the USAA membership website--it my case, it was a 33% savings.

Boatsie -

The Coverages displayed on the USAA site for the Travel-Insured Policies don't match-up (in all cases) with their name-sake on the Travel-Insured site, especially for the WorldWide Trip Protector Policy in question, which results in the confusion.

For WW Trip Protector GOLD:

USAA shows $250K Accident & sickness, where Travel Insured shows $50K

USAA shows $50K for AD&D, where TravelInsured shows $25K

For WW Trip Protector:

USAA shows $750 for Missed Connection, where TravelInsured shows $500

USAA shows $750 for Trip Delay, where TravelInsured shows $1000

USAA shows $1500 for Baggage, where TravelInsured shows $1000

USAA shows $50K for Medical, where TravelInsured shows $25K

USAA shows $25K for Medical and TravelInsured shows $10K

USAA DOES indicate "Exclusive Travel Insurance Plans for USAA Members" so, as you suggest, they must have negotiated modified policies.

Looks to me like (generally) higher coverages with USAA (including Leave Revocation) and lower premiums, than with TravelInsured. ???????

ken

I went on insuremytrip.com and compared a lot of policys. I'm new at this so I'm a little lost. It seems to me TruTravel insurance is pretty good with a good rate of $137. I'm looking at around $2547 for our trip to be insured at and includes my MIL at 79 years old. Has anyone used this company?

I have used this same company for two of crusies however never needed it yet;). It seemed to be good coverage and a good price.

I just took the plunge and after hours/days of researching and comparing I ended up with Travelex. Purchased the "select" policy for all 3 of us for $166. Seems to be great coverage and we have the pre-existing condition waiver due to booking within 21 days of our initial deposit. So now we are worry free now can't wait for the cruise. woohooo!!!

Thanks to Ken for helping me through this - you helped a lot! :)

I just took the plunge and after hours/days of researching and comparing I ended up with Travelex. Purchased the "select" policy for all 3 of us for $166. Seems to be great coverage and we have the pre-existing condition waiver due to booking within 21 days of our initial deposit. So now we are worry free now can't wait for the cruise. woohooo!!!

Thanks to Ken for helping me through this - you helped a lot! :)

I think you're "well-covered" and a decent premium. Enjoy!

ken

Archived