Chocolate melting cake

cruizinonup

im with lady cruiser...i read these boards before my first cruise and was so excited to try it. once i did i was like, "thats what all this hype is about?" i tried it two other nights just thinking that it was made wrong but i did not care for it at all.:)

I feel the same. Gave it a try and didn't get the "WOW". Just like the raves for Dole Whips at Disney World. Tried one of those as everybody was raving about them. Geez, it was soft white ice-cream with pineapple juice ! "YUCK" !!!! LOL

Have your cake and eat it too folks !!!! LOL...Seriously enjoy!

Charleyann

DW loves, loves, loves these and eats them every night.

I've had a few and like them OK too.

Last cruise I was on Lido deck and overheard a woman complaining about hers... she said something to to effect of "this is the second time I've tried this here chocolate cake and the second time I got one they didn't cook, it's RAW in the middle..."

I chuckled.

My sister and I (63 and 61 respectfully) do not like this Chocolate Melting Cake. We found that it tasted raw and uncook.

Be honest, is there anyone out there that feels like we do?

Just returned from the Dream and our first Carnival Cruise. After reading so much about this dessert, i had to try it. It was o.k but i was more impressed with several of the other desserts i had during the cruise. :rolleyes:

I ordered it almost every night on my Miracle cruise last week. I liked it better without adding the ice cream. The only other dessert I liked was on the Lido lunch buffet - the chocolate amaretto cake. It was also very rich and chocolatey. But the warm chocolate melting cake is #1 for me. Wish I could have one right now (even though I gained 3 pounds during the cruise. :eek:

Cindy

We just booked the Liberty for March 6, and to tell you the truth, I prefer cruising Princess. But when DH reminded me that I could have WCMC 7 nights in a row, the idea of a Carnival cruise took on a whole new shine, sparkle and glow.

In addition to the dining room, we also found it in the buffet every evening on the Valor. A double-header!

Mary Ellen

My wife had it every night on our recent cruise on the Legend. I had it all but 2 but had it on the last night to try to keep the memory of it alive. It is soooooo...good. By the way, I thought all the food was close to best I've had on a cruise.

Ok, I will admit the thought of going by the buffet and grabbing some

(like 4 )WCMC to pack in my carry off bag did go through my head the last

night on the Triumph, but I figured they would turn my luggage into a big

chocolate mess, and dismissed the thought...

but next time, if I had some zip lock bags...............

btw, I am in the NO ice cream with WCMC..they serve it, I just don't eat

it..it is just too much of a distraction

My sister and I (63 and 61 respectfully) do not like this Chocolate Melting Cake. We found that it tasted raw and uncook.

I had it 3 times on our 7 day cruise.The 1st 2 were the richest and tastiest desert I have ever had.The 3rd I have to agree with you.It was raw and undercooked.

It is not a favorite with some of our family members, though some do give it a try on each cruise. When it is done right, it is delicious, but we have found it to be hit or miss --- sometimes total liquid inside and other times like a dry brownie. I think it is supposed to be somewhere in between.

We find plenty of other great choices though :)

When it is done right, it is delicious, but we have found it to be hit or miss --- sometimes total liquid inside and other times like a dry brownie. I think it is supposed to be somewhere in between.

We find the same thing. So I keep on ordering it most nights to make sure I'm there on the night it's right.

Archived