Celebrity millennuim olympic dining room

slapsyru

Does anyone know if the Olympic has a separate wine cellar where one can dine? The Summit's Normandie had one for a minimum of 4 guests. Same price. Awesome surroundings.

Thanks...

Actually, Normandie's Wine Cellar holds up to 6 people. I ate there

with 5 friends in May:)

And yes, all the M class ships have the "Wine Cellar".

Actually, Normandie's Wine Cellar holds up to 6 people. I ate there

with 5 friends in May:)

And yes, all the M class ships have the "Wine Cellar".

So glad to know. We have been on the Summit three times and had dinner there each time. One was transAtlantic and we had our entire dinner party of 8 in the room quite comfortably. I think they wont alllow just 4, however. We'll have to coax one of the other couples at the dinner table to join us there. I love the room with the wine racks. The cheese cart and a bottle of wine would be a great dinner in itself:p

Thanks for the info...

Can one reserve which part of this diningroom/restaurant one wants to be seated in? From the pictures it looks like part is very fancy and beautiful (the paneled area) and part is very ordinary looking. I would be disappointed if my wife and I were seated in the area that looks a hotel meeting room decor.:confused:

Can one reserve which part of this diningroom/restaurant one wants to be seated in? From the pictures it looks like part is very fancy and beautiful (the paneled area) and part is very ordinary looking. I would be disappointed if my wife and I were seated in the area that looks a hotel meeting room decor.:confused:

Its all beautiful:D (just my opinion) but if you know you would like to

sit in a certain section I would say go see the Maitr'd the day before

and put in a request with him. They are usually very helpful:)

I was underwhelmed by the Olympic. We had 2 reservations pre cruise and I cancelled our second one after dining there once. (Boy did I get phone calls from the staff about that - they were desperate to find out why)

The paneling and the history surrounding it is fascinating.

The food was just ok IMO. It was more decorative than delicious.

Frankly, I also found the place a bit stuffy - I wasn't crazy about guys in tails flittering around me. I have eaten in (and enjoyed) some of the fanciest restaurants in the world, but I guess on the cruise I just did not appreciate the formality of the venue.

I am traveling with friends on the Infinity in November and we, again, have prebooked two evenings in the United States. Maybe this time I will keep the second reservation. I am keeping an open mind.

Archived