Which large ships visit Virgin Gorda?

OneNewTexan

We've been to Virgin Gorda on Oceana and would like to go back again on a future cruise (the Baths at Virgin Gorda are great). Which large cruise ships visit Virgin Gorda? We want to return with the kids this time, but it seems it is only the smaller ships that aren't geared for kids stop there. We would like to take a large ship cruise with the kids. Please help. Which cruise lines/ships will make port calls in Road Town, Virgin Gorda in 2010 or 2011?

Hi One New Texan! You were on my cruise (well, I was on your cruise!) Jan. 4 on Regatta. Hope you had as great a time as I did. I was just curious if you and your wife took the horseback excursion in Samana. Although it's a small picture and not much to go on, your wife looks like the person that the guy rolling cigars motioned to come sit down and try it! I think I have a picture of the guy rolling cigars on my photo site, which is http://www.pbase.com/roothy123 if you'd like to check it out!

I can't answer your question about which big ships visit the Baths, but I do know that Carnival apparently doesn't. In Virgin Gorda, I rode back on a safari bus to the tender location with a couple that was on a Carnival ship that was docked in Tortola the day we were in VG. They took Shepler's ferry over, and then the safari bus that Sheplers provides to the Baths.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Roothy, that was us and it was my wife rolling the cigar in the cigar shop. That horseback ride in Samana was really something.

We enjoyed the Baths in Virgin Gorda very much so we are looking for new ways to visit it again. It seems only the smaller ships visit there and we prefer the larger ships.

• 1 month later...

Archived